• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

Watching the first 3 is all the evidence I need. We're cooked.

Then don't watch game 4 on Friday. Enjoy your summer, see ya in the fall :)

#42 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

It's all but over, but anything is still possible.

I don't think they will but that doesn't mean that I don't want them to or that they can't. I'll still watch game 4 and hope like pretty much everybody else here even though most probably are typing or thinking hope right now.

#43 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

Personally I think this team has the talent to do it if they were to play their game but I honestly don't think it will happen so I voted no and I that they'll get swept which is especially frustrating because I'll be at the game Friday. I'm even driving all the way from Toronto for this so before any of you get on me for 'not believing' that should be enough evidence that I still beleive they can do it - I just don't think it will.

Ultimately, everything is going the Sharks way right now. They survived the LA series when they probably shouldn't have. The bounces are going their way right now and the PK issues aren't going to be solved in less than 48 hours. The Wings have had way too many opportunities to be in this series (hell, they could be leading this series if bounces had gone the other way) and they haven't taken advantage while the Sharks have and that is the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs. In the end, teams win the cup because they don't leave the results of games up to how those bounces go. They overcome iffy penalty calls, deflected shots that end up in goals, and all of those other minor things by simply doing more. The Wings just aren't doing enough right now to win.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#44 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

There's a 1.8% chance historically of doing it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

Then don't watch game 4 on Friday. Enjoy your summer, see ya in the fall :)

Haha classic mate, because I think we're done it means I can't watch G4? Hilarious, good one champ.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#46 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Haha classic mate, because I think we're done it means I can't watch G4? Hilarious, good one champ.

Just giving you some s*** :D

#47 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

I think given that EVERY game we play these guys is a one goal game, we would need to get so lucky to win the series. There is natural variation in the game of hockey and out of the next four games, San Jose is more likely than not to win a game and end it. I won't stop fighting for it and believing until the last buzzer, but realistically it will be quite the feat to accomplish.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#48 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

I'm going to go with "no" on this one.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#49 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

Its basically up to the wings whether they want to win or not and given the last 3 games they've proven to me they don't have the drive/energy to impose there will. They easily lose 1:1 battles and have no sort of consistency. They turn on the playoff switch 5mins at a time with 15mins off. They're not hungry enough is the bottom line.

#50 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Highly unlikely, but possible. If you don't have any hope left, you might as well stop watching hockey all together. Everyone talks about bandwagon fans for other teams that don't support their teams when they start to lose....how are any of you different? My depression would rival that of anybody in here, but if you don't stand behind your team at their greatest moment of need, you don't deserve to stand behind them at all.

I STILL BELIEVE! LETS GO WINGS!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#51 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

wewr

Edited by Joey v3.4, 05 May 2011 - 01:25 PM.

And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#52 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

I think most ppl are upset because they know this team can play much better then they are now. We all know the potential and great chemistry this team has and nothing is clicking. Its nothing more than frustrating to see one of the best team in the NHL struggle.

#53 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

It really isn't even the lack of playing, or who's playing better. These teams are so evenly matched it comes up to who makes the most mistakes and who can CAPITALIZE on those mistakes. Special teams have obviously shined in this series and San Jose showed they can make the most of the opportunities at hand, but is that because they're the better team or is it because we're the one's making the mistakes allowing the to capitalize? Can the wings come back and win? Ofcouse, but it's all about mental attitude taking one period at a time. Last night the Sharks won, personally, because they weren't scared of making mistakes. It wasn't do or die for them, it was another game, they could afford to make the mistakes. When you're playing that kind of hockey it allows you to just go along with the momentum of the game. The Wings were trying to never make mistakes and you can't play hockey like that, you need to just react not think.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#54 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

All three one-goal games were won by what was tantamount to three coin flips. You can flip a coin and get heads three times in a row, no problem. And it can go the other way just as easily. Lucky bounces in all three games could have decided each of those games in Detroit's favor. If that had happened, everyone would now be extolling the virtues of All Things Wings, and how they were "able to find a way" to win -- as the Sharks worried frantically over what serious changes needed to be made to get a different result.

I don't underestimate the absolute volatility of a series of extremely low scoring, one-goal-margin games like these, and I seriously doubt that either team's coaches do either. A series like this can swing wildly in either direction.

So yes, while not statistically probable (any more than all the other highly improbable, highly unlikely comebacks in the past two years), it is most definitely possible.

#55 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Ovechkin said the Caps were still going to win their series and looked what happened.

I want the Wings to win as bad as everyone else but it's not going to happen. They might win game 4, but that's it. They're done. No way they beat the Sharks 4 more games in a row. Hope I'm wrong....

#56 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

Yeah as much as I want the Wings to win and I would love to eat my words. I don't see them winning four straight unless they learn how to play as a consistently solid sixty minute team again.

#57 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Can we win the series? Yes. WILL we win it? I seriously doubt it.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#58 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

All 1 goal games, two in OT. I still have hope until the bitter end. Sharks' luck will not last forever - in game 1 we kill off a double minor in OT and what's-his-ugly-face gets a crazy deflection goal, in game 3 a blind pass to Dan Boyle who shoots it into Howard's glove barely gets by and ties it up in the third, flubbed shot by Setoguchi on that one timer fools Howard, crazy bounce in front of the net lands right on Setoguchi's stick, etc.

I know we get bounces too (Eaves' goal), but if they happened for us and not for them, this series is not 3-0. Got that hope, baby.

#59 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Its called being a die-hard fan. In the '95 Finals, we were down 3-0 in the series and losing by two goals in the third period and I was like "Okay, now if we can just score just one goal in the next 10 minutes, we'll have the rest of the game to tie it up... okay, now one goal in the next 8 minutes." I'm nuts like that.

Enough with this "die-hard fan" poppycock. We're all die-hard fans, otherwise we wouldn't waste the time to answer the question. You can be a fan and be optimistic, you can be a fan and be realistic. We swept the Coyotes because they're a piece of s***, rinky-dink team. The Grand Rapids Griffins could have swept the Coyotes. The Sharks are a better team than we are, and we've been outplayed three games in a row. We can't score on the PP, our defense sucks, and the Wings at times go on the ice looking lazy and frankly, like they're somnambulists. That's not going to win you games.

The same thing happened last season. We beat our 1st round opponent because they were a lightweight team, we face our 2nd round opponent and get our clocks cleaned. Is it possible that we'll win the next four games in a row? Sure. It's also possible that I'll win money in the lottery this weekend. Does that mean it's going to happen? The chances are slim to none, and slim is walking out the door with a hooker on each arm.

Face it -- when playing better teams, the Red Wings get exposed. We can't go through the playoffs always playing weaker teams.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#60 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

no offense but holy s*** most red wings fans are a bunch of *******. At the start of season you think they will have a record breaking year you think stanley cup hands down no one els has a chance, after 4 games in you thought this team was toast. after little slumps you want to trade every one on the team and fire the staff. sorry but most people are right when they say wings fans are *******. we have been spoled over and it clearly shows the effect it has had on you guys. Stop complaining believe in your team and watch game 4 tommorow as it could verry well be last game in the NHL. wings fans should make sure to cherish whatever games are left in this series as the odds are Lids wont be back next season
Posted Image