• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

appreciate the effort, but i still think the sharks take this series. they matchup too well against detroit to lose 4 straight.

And the Wings don't matchup just as well? Gimme a break. Either team could win this series.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#142 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

I'm not trying to be. Not at all. I'm appalled everyone is so tolerant of this crap. Incredible site overrun with rampant crybabies. Say what you want about the team, ultimately, it won't affect me. But it does make our fan base look like a bunch of whiny little *******, which is exactly what all the others say about us and will continue to. Sorry for calling the kettle black.

It's not so much tolerant as you have to expect it. Every fan base has its idiots and lunatics, people who go off the deep end emotionally, people who are just run-of-the mill in emotions and what not. The Red Wings fan base is no different, the fan bases where I live and the area I went off to for college are no different.

Again, if you want to be the eternal optimist, that's great. I'd love for everybody to be that or act like it. It's not going to happen with everybody though, and while some of those people might aggravate me as well, it doesn't encompass everybody and not everybody who isn't an eternal optimist is a debbie downer or negative nancy who throws everybody under the bus.

It's not going to change anytime soon with any fan base. Just gotta accept it and appreciate that you are an eternal optimist and move on. Let people be who they are.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 11 May 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#143 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

I've watched more playoff hockey this year than any year before. Seen every team play. Trust me as an outsider, Wings are winning the Cup. Boston might give you a a few headaches if they beat Tampa but you're gonna roll the Canucks and Luongo. Sedin Brothers are going to put to shame by the Detroit crew.

Well I don't know how much gas the Wings have left in the tank as even if they win game 7 they may be too banged up to get by Vancouver. I also think that what cost the wings heavily was blowing leads in games 1 & 3 as if not for those 2 games they would be through already. Also playing in San Jose will be a huge disadvantage for the Wings as that place is a house of horror with the exception of the 3rd period of game 5.

#144 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Well I don't know how much gas the Wings have left in the tank as even if they win game 7 they may be too banged up to get by Vancouver. I also think that what cost the wings heavily was blowing leads in games 1 & 3 as if not for those 2 games they would be through already. Also playing in San Jose will be a huge disadvantage for the Wings as that place is a house of horror with the exception of the 3rd period of game 5.

No offense, Lenny, but where are your posts when we win??
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#145 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

So, if you were the GM and Coach, do you pack enough for a week in the event you win game 7? Be prepared to go straight to Vancouver or go home to Detroit before Sunday? Not to jinx anyone but I wonder what they are thinking. My bet is that they will be prepared to go to Vancouver if they win game 7.

#146 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

It's not so much tolerant as you have to expect it. Every fan base has its idiots and lunatics, people who go off the deep end emotionally, people who are just run-of-the mill in emotions and what not. The Red Wings fan base is no different, the fan bases where I live and the area I went off to for college are no different.

Again, if you want to be the eternal optimist, that's great. I'd love for everybody to be that or act like it. It's not going to happen with everybody though, and while some of those people might aggravate me as well, it doesn't encompass everybody and not everybody who isn't an eternal optimist is a debbie downer or negative nancy who throws everybody under the bus.

It's not going to change anytime soon with any fan base. Just gotta accept it and appreciate that you are an eternal optimist and move on. Let people be who they are.

This, I agree with. I know I'm not changing anyone's opinion, not trying to. The people I am talking to however are those debbie downers who get some satisfaction out of trying to ruin the parade for everyone trying to stay positive. People can say what they want, I'm not trying to censor anyone, but I am going to call them out on what they say, especially here. They think I'm an irrational idiot and I think they are crybaby bandwagon *******. That's fine with me.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#147 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Definitely fair enough. Just trying to make it understandable that it works both ways. The happy-go let's stay positive crowd that belittles the other group (or anybody for that matter who show reasonable doubt or worry without saying we are screwed when basically they aren't really hinting at all of the negative attitude) is just as annoying as the Negative crowd that has to say "See I was right and you were stupid to hope".

#148 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

This, I agree with. I know I'm not changing anyone's opinion, not trying to. The people I am talking to however are those debbie downers who get some satisfaction out of trying to ruin the parade for everyone trying to stay positive. People can say what they want, I'm not trying to censor anyone, but I am going to call them out on what they say, especially here. They think I'm an irrational idiot and I think they are crybaby bandwagon *******. That's fine with me.

i think most people have a problem with the bandwagon branding. just because you are saying negative things about the team after they play poorly and are almost always looking at the glass as half-empty doesn't mean that you aren't a true fan of this team. i criticise the team all the time but i do it because i care. if i was a bandwagon fan i wouldn't care enough to get so upset at times that i feel the need to post something like "ericsson is useless," after he makes a bunch of mistakes out there. i probably wouldn't even notice it.

#149 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

i think most people have a problem with the bandwagon branding. just because you are saying negative things about the team after they play poorly and are almost always looking at the glass as half-empty doesn't mean that you aren't a true fan of this team. i criticise the team all the time but i do it because i care. if i was a bandwagon fan i wouldn't care enough to get so upset at times that i feel the need to post something like "ericsson is useless," after he makes a bunch of mistakes out there. i probably wouldn't even notice it.

I am critical of this team too. Fans are critical because they care. Fans are supportive because they believe.

And Ericsson is useless...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#150 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

No offense, Lenny, but where are your posts when we win??

I've been busy and not been to this forum as much and thus haven't posted anything until today. I'll definitely try to post something after game 7 win or lose. But like I said before I am not expecting any miracles from this team as this series has basically been a perfect example of how the Wings season has gone e.g. up & down & up again & down again.

#151 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

LGW!

Believe