• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

As the topic states, what do you guys think?

I VERY rarely ever used it, but there have been some posts lately that could REALLLLLLY use a minus...

Mods - please do not kill this thread, or move it, or delete it... I think as posters on this board, we should have some input on topics like this...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#2 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Stevkrause - not only did I vote yes but I also gave you a +1.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#3 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

I voted no. People tend to get a bit obsessed and go through your post history negging every single post.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#4 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

how about if it kept track of both + and - ratings and it kept track of who gave you a + or -

for example, a post could receive 5 "pluses" and 3 "minuses" and it would show up as +5, -3, and if you drag your pointer over the number it would show you who the people were that gave you the ratings.
the way it was set up before with +/-, all you got to see was the net rating, so sometimes a post would be rated 0 but it actually had 8 people agreeing with it and 8 people disagreeing with it.

#5 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

I voted no. People tend to get a bit obsessed and go through your post history negging every single post.

fair enough observation, however, if someone is that pathetic, maybe those users need to re-evaluate themselves...

I personally think it should be all or nothing - bring back the minus rating, or do away with the + rating... and to be honest a +/- rating only seems fitting on a hockey discussion board :)

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#6 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

how about if it kept track of both + and - ratings and it kept track of who gave you a + or -

for example, a post could receive 5 "pluses" and 3 "minuses" and it would show up as +5, -3, and if you drag your pointer over the number it would show you who the people were that gave you the ratings.
the way it was set up before with +/-, all you got to see was the net rating, so sometimes a post would be rated 0 but it actually had 8 people agreeing with it and 8 people disagreeing with it.

I have been on forums that did that. Made it interesting.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#7 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

fair enough observation, however, if someone is that pathetic, maybe those users need to re-evaluate themselves...

I personally think it should be all or nothing - bring back the minus rating, or do away with the + rating... and to be honest a +/- rating only seems fitting on a hockey discussion board :)

Practically like reddit

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#8 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

+1 for you.

Posted Image

#9 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

I'm on board! Sounds like a good solution to me!

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#10 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

I wasn't here when this site had the ability to give a minus rating but I like the idea of having it track both and not just show the net total.

#11 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

I like the idea of being able to just give a post a - instead of people responding negatively and attacking the poster for a comment they disagree with. That's sometime how people get into these post wars trying to respond back and forth.

I like the idea of being able to see who gave you a +/- because maybe people won't go crazy with looking back in your post history to - all your posts just because you made them mad. If I recall correctly, there was a limit to the amount of +/- you could give out each day as well.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

I like the idea of showing how many pluses you received and negatives you received on a post and who made those marks for or against you.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#13 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

I like the idea of telling you who voted for your post either way.

Would allow some people to realise I think their hockey opinion is a load of s***e.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,956 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

We need to get rid of the plus and the minus.

They're both rather silly, imo.

This board should not be used as a place where one has to care about whether their opinion is popular or not. We're not in high school.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 05 May 2011 - 11:58 AM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

I guess we know who the only "no" vote was... :lol:

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,956 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

I guess we know who the only "no" vote was... :lol:

Make that two. ;)

Popular opinion sucks anyway.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

I really thought the - was annoying because people kept fighting over it, but I really liked your idea. This would be kinda cool.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#18 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

Make that two. ;)

Popular opinion sucks anyway.

Posts like this don't make you want to change your mind?

http://www.letsgowin...f-jimmy-howard/

#19 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

As the topic states, what do you guys think?

I VERY rarely ever used it, but there have been some posts lately that could REALLLLLLY use a minus...

Mods - please do not kill this thread, or move it, or delete it... I think as posters on this board, we should have some input on topics like this...

Put it where it belongs to begin with and it won't be moved. This does not belong in GD.

Members have as much input here as anywhere else, and usually more. The "-" was taken away because it was being abused and creating a lot of unnecessary hard feelings. It's up to Matt whether to reinstate it or not.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#20 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Put it where it belongs to begin with and it won't be moved. This does not belong in GD.

Members have as much input here as anywhere else, and usually more. The "-" was taken away because it was being abused and creating a lot of unnecessary hard feelings. It's up to Matt whether to reinstate it or not.

and why does it not belong in "General" Discussion, where the majority of the users visit exclusively (you know, the ones who would vote and give their input)

I think the power trips on here as to what gets merged, deleted, moved, etc... is very arbitrary on this board and very rarely seems to have any continuity...

but that's fine, move a topic which brought up a genuine concern to an annex sub-board of LGW where almost no one is likely to see it <_<

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users