Photo
- - - - -

Remember When 3rd Period Leads Were Safe?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Anyone remember the days when the Wings led after 2 they would always close out the third without having to go to OT and lose? Remember when they were winning by a goal the lead would increase to 2? Or if they didn't score a goal they would stifle the opposition and thus the opposition wouldn't get a sniff at the tying goal? Remember the puck posession game that worked brilliantly in the 2008 playoffs? Those were the good old days that appear to be long gone and done now!

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Can we stop bitching about the loses of this year and last years team? Do Red Wing fans understand you can't win the Stanley Cup every frickin year? Come on boys, I think this fan base is more knowledgeable than this. We act like we AREN'T spoiled year in and out by actually making the playoffs. I could ONLY imagine what would happen if the Wings were to not make the playoffs, oh my.. god...

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

A part of me is glad that 3rd period leads are not as safe as they used to be. Can get pretty boring the way it used to be.

Edited by toby91_ca, 05 May 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

Remember when fans used to support their team during the good, the bad, and the ugly? Those were the good old days that appear to be long gone and done now

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#5 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

Can we stop bitching about the loses of this year and last years team? Do Red Wing fans understand you can't win the Stanley Cup every frickin year? Come on boys, I think this fan base is more knowledgeable than this. We act like we AREN'T spoiled year in and out by actually making the playoffs. I could ONLY imagine what would happen if the Wings were to not make the playoffs, oh my.. god...

I didn't expect a Cup this year as I posted many times that this team couldn't beat San Jose or Vancouver if they drew them and lone behold they drew the hated Sharks e.g. our daddies! I would not be this angry with the team if they had won in 2009 when I was at the Joe for game 7 as then I would have just retired into the sunset after watching them hoist the cup but it didn't go that way as all I have are 4 Cups that I saw them win on TV and not live so that is why I am bitching about!

Remember when fans used to support their team during the good, the bad, and the ugly? Those were the good old days that appear to be long gone and done now

What do you want us to say thanks guys for another early exit? Or how about thanks for the 2 blown 3rd period leads that cost this team a 2-1 series lead? Fans have a right to be mad at the team b/c we demand results and when you lose games that you should of won it makes it more difficult to swallow!

#6 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

I didn't expect a Cup this year as I posted many times that this team couldn't beat San Jose or Vancouver if they drew them and lone behold they drew the hated Sharks e.g. our daddies! I would not be this angry with the team if they had won in 2009 when I was at the Joe for game 7 as then I would have just retired into the sunset after watching them hoist the cup but it didn't go that way as all I have are 4 Cups that I saw them win on TV and not live so that is why I am bitching about!

What do you want us to say thanks guys for another early exit? Or how about thanks for the 2 blown 3rd period leads that cost this team a 2-1 series lead? Fans have a right to be mad at the team b/c we demand results and when you lose games that you should of won it makes it more difficult to swallow!

Erm... there's 22 teams who would like to talk to you about the definition of early exit.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#7 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

A part of me is glad that 3rd period leads are not as safe as they used to be. Can get pretty boring the way it used to be.

A boring win is better than an exciting loss. Especially in the playoffs.

There is this invention called the comma...

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#8 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

I remember when the defense could clear the puck.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Remember when Brad McCrimmon wasn't the defensive coach?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

:ranting:

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

remember when leonardsankar never posted and lgw was a better place because of it????

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

remember when leonardsankar never posted and lgw was a better place because of it????

Don't talk that way about my heir apparent.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:25 AM

I remember when the defense could clear the puck.

my god, i can't count the number of times i screamed "clear the bleeping puck!" at the TV tonight.

go wings.

#14 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

I would not be this angry with the team if they had won in 2009 when I was at the Joe for game 7 as then I would have just retired into the sunset after watching them hoist the cup but it didn't go that way as all I have are 4 Cups that I saw them win on TV and not live so that is why I am bitching about!

For Real???

******* Waaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most self centered, assinine post I have ever read.

#15 Redwings 1926

Redwings 1926

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Anyone remember the days when the Wings led after 2 they would always close out the third without having to go to OT and lose? Remember when they were winning by a goal the lead would increase to 2? Or if they didn't score a goal they would stifle the opposition and thus the opposition wouldn't get a sniff at the tying goal? Remember the puck posession game that worked brilliantly in the 2008 playoffs? Those were the good old days that appear to be long gone and done now!

Do you remember the days before that when a two game lead wasn't safe for the Redwings? They lost twice in 3 years after leading 2 games to nothing, to Colorado in 1999 in the conference semis and then to LA in the 2001 quarterfinals.

#16 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

Do you remember the days before that when a two game lead wasn't safe for the Redwings? They lost twice in 3 years after leading 2 games to nothing, to Colorado in 1999 in the conference semis and then to LA in the 2001 quarterfinals.

They also had a 2 game lead in the 09 Cup Finals and ended up losing in 7 games at home.

I support this team and believe in this team but after game 4 I really have to be realistic and think that the Wings are done tonight. I hope I'm wrong but they can't blow 3 goal leads no matter what period.

#17 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hmm... do you remember?
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hmm... do you remember?

Not in the slightest!!!!!

Paging LeonardSankar....Where are you?! Why so silent?