• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeonardSankar

Remember When 3rd Period Leads Were Safe?

Rate this topic

Anyone remember the days when the Wings led after 2 they would always close out the third without having to go to OT and lose? Remember when they were winning by a goal the lead would increase to 2? Or if they didn't score a goal they would stifle the opposition and thus the opposition wouldn't get a sniff at the tying goal? Remember the puck posession game that worked brilliantly in the 2008 playoffs? Those were the good old days that appear to be long gone and done now!

Can we stop bitching about the loses of this year and last years team? Do Red Wing fans understand you can't win the Stanley Cup every frickin year? Come on boys, I think this fan base is more knowledgeable than this. We act like we AREN'T spoiled year in and out by actually making the playoffs. I could ONLY imagine what would happen if the Wings were to not make the playoffs, oh my.. god...

Can we stop bitching about the loses of this year and last years team? Do Red Wing fans understand you can't win the Stanley Cup every frickin year? Come on boys, I think this fan base is more knowledgeable than this. We act like we AREN'T spoiled year in and out by actually making the playoffs. I could ONLY imagine what would happen if the Wings were to not make the playoffs, oh my.. god...

I didn't expect a Cup this year as I posted many times that this team couldn't beat San Jose or Vancouver if they drew them and lone behold they drew the hated Sharks e.g. our daddies! I would not be this angry with the team if they had won in 2009 when I was at the Joe for game 7 as then I would have just retired into the sunset after watching them hoist the cup but it didn't go that way as all I have are 4 Cups that I saw them win on TV and not live so that is why I am bitching about!

Remember when fans used to support their team during the good, the bad, and the ugly? Those were the good old days that appear to be long gone and done now

What do you want us to say thanks guys for another early exit? Or how about thanks for the 2 blown 3rd period leads that cost this team a 2-1 series lead? Fans have a right to be mad at the team b/c we demand results and when you lose games that you should of won it makes it more difficult to swallow!

Guest CaliWingsNut

I didn't expect a Cup this year as I posted many times that this team couldn't beat San Jose or Vancouver if they drew them and lone behold they drew the hated Sharks e.g. our daddies! I would not be this angry with the team if they had won in 2009 when I was at the Joe for game 7 as then I would have just retired into the sunset after watching them hoist the cup but it didn't go that way as all I have are 4 Cups that I saw them win on TV and not live so that is why I am bitching about!

What do you want us to say thanks guys for another early exit? Or how about thanks for the 2 blown 3rd period leads that cost this team a 2-1 series lead? Fans have a right to be mad at the team b/c we demand results and when you lose games that you should of won it makes it more difficult to swallow!

Erm... there's 22 teams who would like to talk to you about the definition of early exit.

A part of me is glad that 3rd period leads are not as safe as they used to be. Can get pretty boring the way it used to be.

A boring win is better than an exciting loss. Especially in the playoffs.

There is this invention called the comma...

I would not be this angry with the team if they had won in 2009 when I was at the Joe for game 7 as then I would have just retired into the sunset after watching them hoist the cup but it didn't go that way as all I have are 4 Cups that I saw them win on TV and not live so that is why I am bitching about!

For Real???

******* Waaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most self centered, assinine post I have ever read.

Anyone remember the days when the Wings led after 2 they would always close out the third without having to go to OT and lose? Remember when they were winning by a goal the lead would increase to 2? Or if they didn't score a goal they would stifle the opposition and thus the opposition wouldn't get a sniff at the tying goal? Remember the puck posession game that worked brilliantly in the 2008 playoffs? Those were the good old days that appear to be long gone and done now!

Do you remember the days before that when a two game lead wasn't safe for the Redwings? They lost twice in 3 years after leading 2 games to nothing, to Colorado in 1999 in the conference semis and then to LA in the 2001 quarterfinals.

Do you remember the days before that when a two game lead wasn't safe for the Redwings? They lost twice in 3 years after leading 2 games to nothing, to Colorado in 1999 in the conference semis and then to LA in the 2001 quarterfinals.

They also had a 2 game lead in the 09 Cup Finals and ended up losing in 7 games at home.

I support this team and believe in this team but after game 4 I really have to be realistic and think that the Wings are done tonight. I hope I'm wrong but they can't blow 3 goal leads no matter what period.