• Please log in to reply
728 replies to this topic

#21 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:47 AM

You may recall that you guys whipped our asses pretty good in Game 4 last year. If, however, the Sharks learned their lesson from last year's beatdown and look like they're going to get the sweep this time around, enjoy watching what could be the final games for some of the classiest players in the league.

Here's the link to a nice tribute to these guys from ESPN.com: http://sports.espn.g...erre&id=6487568

Whether your season ends after Game 4 or you live to fight another day, Red Wings fans have a lot to be proud of. Lace 'em up . . . drop the puck . . . and may the best team win.

I seriously wish you didnt follow me up there. As nice as you seem I wish nothing but the worst for your team. I hope for injuries, penalties and loss after loss.

Smug is Smug and sadly you dont know what it is to win. You can keep hoping for the S word but as imminent as it may be you still havent sat at the edge of your seat with your father when your team won in 2002 and said that there would never be a team as good as this EVER. Youll never stand next to your girlfriend and hear that your team won the cup for the first time in over 4 decades. You will never be laid up in a hospital and watch you team win the cup after a horrible motorcycle accident and you will never get to hope your runaway dog comes back while you watch your team win the cup in 2008 and then have him show up the next day.

You may love your team

My team won and it won A LOT.

My team changed my life, my team gave me a reason to live, my team brought a family together, and my team gave me a reason to believe,

Your team lost. Even if they win they cant do what the Red Wings have done no matter what.

Heres to the Wings and heres to the guys that gave me so many great memories.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut, 06 May 2011 - 02:49 AM.

I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#22 sphere10

sphere10

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

You may recall that you guys whipped our asses pretty good in Game 4 last year. If, however, the Sharks learned their lesson from last year's beatdown and look like they're going to get the sweep this time around, enjoy watching what could be the final games for some of the classiest players in the league.

Here's the link to a nice tribute to these guys from ESPN.com: http://sports.espn.g...erre&id=6487568

Whether your season ends after Game 4 or you live to fight another day, Red Wings fans have a lot to be proud of. Lace 'em up . . . drop the puck . . . and may the best team win.

I seriously wish you didnt follow me up there. As nice as you seem I wish nothing but the worst for your team. I hope for injuries, penalties and loss after loss.

Smug is Smug and sadly you dont know what it is to win. You can keep hoping for the S word but as imminent as it may be you still havent sat at the edge of your seat with your father when your team won in 2002 and said that there would never be a team as good as this EVER. Youll never stand next to your girlfriend and hear that your team won the cup for the first time in over 4 decades. You will never be laid up in a hospital and watch you team win the cup after a horrible motorcycle accident and you will never get to hope your runaway dog comes back while you watch your team win the cup in 2008 and then have him show up the next day.

You may love your team

My team won and it won A LOT.

My team changed my life, my team gave me a reason to live, my team brought a family together, and my team gave me a reason to believe,

Your team lost. Even if they win they cant do what the Red Wings have done no matter what.

Heres to the Wings and heres to the guys that gave me so many great memories.

I don't fault you for having a personal connection to your team, but this post makes you sound like a complete jerk. You are trying to claim that only the red wings could possibly inspire wonderful personal attachments and stories, but similar stories can be found across hockey and across sports in general for everyone's team. Everyone knows the Wings have won a lot. Congratulations. I'm glad that's improved the quality of your life, but that doesn't quite make you a better person than anyone else. So keep rooting for injuries, enjoy what that karma brings you in life sir.

#23 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

Your boys deserved a better fate in game 3. The wings were the better team that night. Tonight will be a battle, just like the other three games. Hope the game is just as intense and close as the last 3.

#24 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

I don't fault you for having a personal connection to your team, but this post makes you sound like a complete jerk. You are trying to claim that only the red wings could possibly inspire wonderful personal attachments and stories, but similar stories can be found across hockey and across sports in general for everyone's team. Everyone knows the Wings have won a lot. Congratulations. I'm glad that's improved the quality of your life, but that doesn't quite make you a better person than anyone else. So keep rooting for injuries, enjoy what that karma brings you in life sir.

And when a sharks fan comes in and posts a video link about one of their players I take it personal. And I recall those personal memories about NICK and all the other GREAT RED WINGS PLAYERS THAT HAVE WON THE CUP.

Sharks fans dont have room to even gloat as they havent even won a cup. To come here and gloat as well as someof the talk in my area of the world about how they are gonna take it I get a bit defensive,. I come to a Wings board to hear support for the team, not backing up fans from the team that is coming here more or less saying HAHAHA .

Some one wanna gloat?, Im gonna give them nothing but disrespect and hope for nothing but disappointment.

Take it for what you will.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#25 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

Your boys deserved a better fate in game 3. The wings were the better team that night. Tonight will be a battle, just like the other three games. Hope the game is just as intense and close as the last 3.

I hope history will repeat itself tonight (Mule hat trick in 1st period).
Hope thats as far as it goes though, so they can kick ass in San Jose instead of bowing out this time :-P

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#26 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:05 AM

two series could end tonight....hope the wings come out and give the crowd at the joe something to cheer aboot . :scared:

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24, 06 May 2011 - 05:05 AM.

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:02 AM

"Let's Go Wings" chant every four minutes.

Any anti Niemi chants?

:hysterical:

GO WINGS!

(Side note to Mike: Eaves also has 3 goals, according to my wrist.)

#28 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

Despite history and a vast majority of posters on here, I'm watching this game tonight and cheering on the boys while sipping on a few brews. It just doesn't make any sense to do otherwise.

GO WINGS GO!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

‎"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
- Muhammad Ali

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!

Edited by xtrememachine1, 06 May 2011 - 06:47 AM.

#30 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

...do you mean to tell me that Modano is NOT playing tonight? Ok, Babcock, this is getting ridiculous! Team playing like s***, certain guys don't even look like NHL players (no need to mention names) and there will be NO lineup changes? No substitution to try to spark this team? Nothing? Zero? Uh.....maybe McCrimmon isn't the only problem...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#31 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

Red Wings can be extraordinary, and they can win 4 straight, they did it in round one. But they have been ordinary so far in round two. Guys, the difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra... Come on guys! From Babcock to the 4th line, lets give it that little extra tonight!

www.thinkdunes.com

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

Game Four, Conference Playoff Format Era (since 1993-94)
This is the 37th Game Four in a Conference playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 36 games:

20W-16L

This is the 7th Game Four in a Conference playoff series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 6 games:

4W-2L

This is the 13th Game Four in a Conference Semi-Final. The Club’s record in the previous 12 games:

9W-3L.

This is the 4th Game Four in a Conference Semi-Final without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

1W-2L.

Game Four in Conference Format Era with Series 0-3
This is the 3rd Game Four in a best-of-seven series in the Conference Era with the series 0-3. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

1W-1L

This is the 2nd Game Four in a Conference Semi-Final in the Conference Era with the series 0-3. The Club’s record in the previous 1 game:

1W-0L

This is the 2nd Game Four in a Conference Semi-Final in the Conference Era without home-ice advantage and the series 0-3. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L

Last Ten Games – All-Time Playoff Games v. San Jose
Overall: 3W-7L
Home: 6W-4L

On This Day
May 6

This is the 5th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

3W-1L.

This is the 2nd playoff game played on this date v. San Jose. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

I think most of us see the writing on the wall, but that doesn't mean they can't hammer San Jose with a few decisive wins before elimination. Lets go Wings!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#34 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

Let's Go Wings!!! I think they'll play hard and this will be a well fought victory for us. I hope I'm home in time for the game.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#35 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

In all reality.... If out of us and Philly completing the 0-3 comeback I think we have the team to do it, but that would involve us bringing our A game for 4 games straight and get some bounces. Probability of that happening is slim to none but weirder things have happened...

#36 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

...do you mean to tell me that Modano is NOT playing tonight? Ok, Babcock, this is getting ridiculous! Team playing like s***, certain guys don't even look like NHL players (no need to mention names) and there will be NO lineup changes? No substitution to try to spark this team? Nothing? Zero? Uh.....maybe McCrimmon isn't the only problem...

Would Modano really be a game changer? I think that ever since he made those "my heart isn't into it comments" (paraphrasing here) that he's been in the doghouse. Add to that he's only had a fraction of ice time these playoffs and it's not too hard to see why he's stuck watching. If any changes were made, I think it would be nice to see a Black Ace step in for some time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

Friday night and some hockey... I will be watching. It takes 4 losses to be done, so stay on them and see what happens. Still more hockey to played. GO WINGS!!!! Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#38 Steve Sample

Steve Sample

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

^X2
Modano is hungry and he deserves a chance to play. I can think of at least 4 players that he could replace from the last game. I hope Babcock puts him into the line up and plays him with people that might score.

#39 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

Just a random thought, how come the word BIG is half the size of the word LITTLE?

www.thinkdunes.com

#40 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

Just a random thought, how come the word BIG is half the size of the word LITTLE?

It happened when we drafted Jonathan Ericsson.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.