• Please log in to reply
728 replies to this topic

#681 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

Isn't it an automatic unless you're a Penguin named Malkin?

Only if he got an instigator penalty would it be an automatic suspension... unless you're named Malkin. He did not receive an instigator.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 06 May 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#682 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Very proud of this team. I was giving up when the Sharks tied it at 3. And, I must apologize for that. One game at a time boys. Nothing is impossible, ever.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#683 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

I BELIEVE IN RED

I BELIEVE IN HOCKEYTOWN

I BELIEVE THE WINGED WHEEL

I BELIEVE IN PAVEL, THE MULE, Z, AND JIMMAH

I BELIEVE I CAN HEAR A GOAL HORN...........*BROOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGG****

I BELIEVE IN SINGING ME SOME JOURNEY!

JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL......LIVIN IN A LONELY WORLD!!!!!!! SHE TOOK THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN GOING AAAAAANYYYYYWHEEEEERE

JUST A CITY BOY!!!!!!! BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH DETROIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!

HE TOOK THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN GOING AAAAANYYWHEEEEERE!!

and FIRE MCCRIMMON.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#684 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

Here`s the applicable rule(s):

46.12 Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting, and a game misconduct penalty, subject to thye conditions outlined in 46.22.

46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) hall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

#685 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

Philly is done.

3-1 Boston.

#686 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

Great game tonight! I literally lost my friggin mind when Helm scored. You would've thought we won the Stanley Cup. lol I guess it was just a bunch of pent up emotion that needed to get out after watching those first three craptacular games. Anyone else punch their couch and scream "Hell yeah!!" at the top of their lungs after the Helm goal? lol

I'm hoarse from screaming, and I live like 780 miles from the Joe xD

#687 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Just 780? I'm 3500 and I'm drunk AND hoarse, lol!! Go wings, woooo!

#688 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

Anybody a link to Babcock's post game comments. a friend said Babs made some comments about Lids...

#689 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

I lived for a long time watching Wings games where you currently are.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#690 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

According to the letter of the law he should be suspended for game 5. It would a mis-cairage of justice if not
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#691 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Anybody a link to Babcock's post game comments. a friend said Babs made some comments about Lids...

It's on TSN's website.

"Well I thought it was a real good job by you guys talking about retirement yesterday, I thought he answered that bell pretty good"

Something along those lines

#692 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

According to the letter of the law he should be suspended for game 5. It would a mis-cairage of justice if not

Link?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#693 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Who is gonna step up and be the Detroit hero?

After reading some of the previous doomsday bulls*** on here, and especially the total putdowns of the Detroit Red Wings, I really appreciate your attitude at this point in the game. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#694 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Link?

I posted the relevant rule above. Here is the Fighting section.

#695 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

After yelling as loud as I could, I had to laugh, Helm's goal was started by a San Jose dive at the blue line trying to draw a penalty. What a joke! Let's make it hurt!

Lidstrom's second goal, when he bounced it in, was a beauty. Just when you think you've seen everything.

Great crowd tonight, same with Game 3. All year it's been great. Geeze I hope the Wings force a Game 6. With their playoff history, we could really rattle San Jose. I could see this series going 7, if we win Game 5.

Despite the diving by San Jose, this has been a great 4 games. With a couple breaks, it could be 3-1 Wings, that's how close it's been.

Tomorrow I invited myself over to my cousin's place who's a Canucks fan, to watch Game 5 of the 'nuck-Preds. Add that to tonight's game, and Sunday, it's a playoff hockey weekend for me.

Edit: Oh, forgot to add, I have a cool Mom. When I asked her what she wanted to do for Mother's Day, one of the things was to watch the Wings on Sunday. :thumbup: to the Wings for winning tonight!

Edited by Barrie, 06 May 2011 - 10:06 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#696 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

I actually want to see Abby get beat up here.

Come on ref.

:blink: Not me. I wanted to see somebody - anybody - take Clowe's head off. He's an after-the-whistle-sore-loser *******.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#697 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

Would love for there to be a suspension.

#698 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

:yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza::yowza:
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#699 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'm confused.

It says on the NHL scoreboard that Detroit has 4 goals to San Jose's 3?

That can't be right.

Posted Image

#700 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

I'll admit it, I was certain this team was done after game 3. In fact I kind of envisioned a game much like what happened to Philly tonight.

Granted I didn't get to see more than about 30 seconds of this game but it was a GOOD 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds :D
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.