• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gnredwing

Wings in Seven

Rate this topic

didn't we have a similar thread last year?

I think the win last night will spur them on more than the blow-out last year. You could see it in their body language when SJ tied it 3-3. It was a look of... Crap we need to do something here, and show we're the better team. Then for arguably the first time this series, all lines clicked and Helm finally showed up with what he can do. I think almost throwing game 4 away is going to give them a bigger kick than when they won game 4 incredibly easily

How about they wings play game 5 like its nick Lidstroms last game and send him into the sunset with a win(aka: don't even think past game 5, which I think they did last year)

This is the right mindset. We should be supporting them until the final horn. If any team can come back it's the Wings.

I think the win last night will spur them on more than the blow-out last year. You could see it in their body language when SJ tied it 3-3. It was a look of... Crap we need to do something here, and show we're the better team. Then for arguably the first time this series, all lines clicked and Helm finally showed up with what he can do. I think almost throwing game 4 away is going to give them a bigger kick than when they won game 4 incredibly easily

I was thinking this, too. This was a good grind-out win that was probably better for the team than a blowout victory. This will make hem feel vindicated, since they felt they should have won Game 3 and probably Game 1, so now they know that CAN win.

Game 5 will be the tough one. If we can win game 5 we then have home ice for 6, and then going into game 7 we will have confidence and anything can happen.

For me, I just want to enjoy watching my favorite team play, even if its just one more game. If we tie the series, then ill get excited again :cool:

Game 5 will be the tough one. If we can win game 5 we then have home ice for 6, and then going into game 7 we will have confidence and anything can happen.

For me, I just want to enjoy watching my favorite team play, even if its just one more game. If we tie the series, then ill get excited again :cool:

Ditto!

Now, all we need to do is win Game #5!! Then, the Sharks will be up against the wall because they do NOT want to come back here for Game #6 and be tied 3-3. Remember, we lost 2 games when we had late leads and lost in OT. If not for that, WE could be up 3-1!! At least the refs aren't officiating like they did last year's series!

Where do you think you are? The hfboards? This is letsgowings.com. The majority of "fans" here don't support the team unless they are winning in dominating fashion.

:lol: Your hysterical, the Wings go down 0-3 and people are pissed off the night of, and all of a sudden they arent fans. Get it a rest.

So we will have back to back playoffs with a team overcoming a 3-0 series lead. Wings begin by winning tonight, then Sunday in San Jose they will win an overtime thriller. Back to the Joe for game 6, Johan Franzen's hat trick leads Wings past sharks while tying the series. Game 7 is tied 3-3 in third when Dan Cleary breaks the tie and the Wings hold on and Win the game and the series!!!

Well, you're right for one game :)

What we need now is a dominating game. If we lose game 5, well, we all know what the big problem there is finding something else interesting on TV since the Wings won't be playing anymore.

If we win game 5, by a slight margin, we're still down, and probably wearing out faster than the Sharks at this point. Games 6, and 7 will be progressively more difficult. It's not so much about playing the odds of the series score, as much as it is gauging the amount of effort, and exhaustion that comes with making a slow comeback from such a series. Philly did it last year, but they didn't win the cup, and looked beat to death against chicago much of the time. Every game gets harder as a series goes on, and this applies to both teams, but it tends to seem to affect the team that is fighting for survival more. Game 5 will be harder.

This is why, in order to have a shot in this series, we obviously need to win game 5, but even more important is we need to blow them out in game five.

As proven in game 4, a 3 goal lead is not a safe lead. Unfortunate, because usually it would be.

We need to blow them out in game 5, if we want to push it to 7. Blow them out in game 5, put them on their heels, make them question what they have, and create a sense of urgency. Force them to play aggressive, and hopefully sloppy in game 6.

Their goaltending was solid again, but shakier. And now we're scoring on spin-o-rama's, and pond skip bounce style shots. Two "NO WAY DID THAT GO IN!!!" goals in one game, will perhaps inspire the wings to take the uncalculated shot, take the sloppy shot, and just shoot, shoot, shoot. We beat Niemi twice on very strange shots. OK, if he wants to play a perfect game against a perfect system, perhaps we just need to shoot ANYTHING at him. Cause it worked once, and if it works again.... Crush a goalies confidence, and he loses skill points :)

Game 5 really doesn't mean much (Aside from total elimination), because we still have two chances to lose it, versus 1 chance to win it, even if we do win it.

We need a blow out.

Something to make them realize, we are not done. We don't need to squeak by with a 3-2 style win, we need a good solid 5-1 type win.

So my call to all LGW fans is get TWO lucky rabbits foots, pray, meditate, and Sacrifice a goat (I don't care, steal one if you have to, we need all the gods covered).

Edited by Joey v3.4

What we need now is a dominating game. If we lose game 5, well, we all know what the big problem there is finding something else interesting on TV since the Wings won't be playing anymore.

If we win game 5, by a slight margin, we're still down, and probably wearing out faster than the Sharks at this point. Games 6, and 7 will be progressively more difficult. It's not so much about playing the odds of the series score, as much as it is gauging the amount of effort, and exhaustion that comes with making a slow comeback from such a series. Philly did it last year, but they didn't win the cup, and looked beat to death against chicago much of the time. Every game gets harder as a series goes on, and this applies to both teams, but it tends to seem to affect the team that is fighting for survival more. Game 5 will be harder.

This is why, in order to have a shot in this series, we obviously need to win game 5, but even more important is we need to blow them out in game five.

As proven in game 4, a 3 goal lead is not a safe lead. Unfortunate, because usually it would be.

We need to blow them out in game 5, if we want to push it to 7. Blow them out in game 5, put them on their heels, make them question what they have, and create a sense of urgency. Force them to play aggressive, and hopefully sloppy in game 6.

Their goaltending was solid again, but shakier. And now we're scoring on spin-o-rama's, and pond skip bounce style shots. Two "NO WAY DID THAT GO IN!!!" goals in one game, will perhaps inspire the wings to take the uncalculated shot, take the sloppy shot, and just shoot, shoot, shoot. We beat Niemi twice on very strange shots. OK, if he wants to play a perfect game against a perfect system, perhaps we just need to shoot ANYTHING at him. Cause it worked once, and if it works again.... Crush a goalies confidence, and he loses skill points :)

Game 5 really doesn't mean much (Aside from total elimination), because we still have two chances to lose it, versus 1 chance to win it, even if we do win it.

We need a blow out.

Something to make them realize, we are not done. We don't need to squeak by with a 3-2 style win, we need a good solid 5-1 type win.

So my call to all LGW fans is get TWO lucky rabbits foots, pray, meditate, and Sacrifice a goat (I don't care, steal one if you have to, we need all the gods covered).

Your analysis is correct, and I agree with what it would do to Niemi and the Sharks, but I worry about what a blow out would do to the Wings. They have a tendency to get over-confident and lazy after a big win. They don't come out inspired, and then they all of a sudden realize that it's the 3rd period and they have to put on a show to win. Sometimes it doesn't work.

We can't take that chance in these must-win games. I think a one or two goal win is good. Anything more than that might come back to bite us in the butt.

BTW: I can't find a goat, can I just stab some tofu?

Where do you think you are? The hfboards? This is letsgowings.com. The majority of "fans" here don't support the team unless they are winning in dominating fashion.

One thing I've never figured out about "fans" in general. I saw so much ripping and tearing of the Red Wings plus rampant sarcasm on this board last night, I could easily have been on the Sharks' board. Not just frustration. Real nasty, cutting, degrading remarks.

If all you can do is take their iffy play personally, as far as I'm concerned you're not a fan. You're a bandwagoner who's trying to look good via a team by riding on their "coat tails". And by god, if they don't play up to your standards, you're gonna lay it on. Well, f*** you, actually.

If you're a real fan, hell yes, you get frustrated. But at least some of that has to come from the fact that you hurt for the players if they're not doing well. There's GOT TO BE A REASON THEY'RE NOT PLAYING WELL. For instance if you watched Versus's feed of Franzen trying to make sharp turns then you gotta know he's hurting. HELLO? Meanwhile, I personally feel very bad for Cleary, and I would like nothing better than to see his game turn around. He.has.worked.his.ass.off.all.year. and for some reason he's pushing too hard.

I'm ashamed for some of you. You are letting your team down by your sophomoric, sarcastic commentary.

Meanwhile, we'll be leaving town for about three weeks, starting Monday morning. If by some sad and painful circumstance the Wings lose tomorrow night, there's no way in hell I'm coming back here, until it all blows over. There just doesn't seem to be enough of you left here who actually give a s*** about this glorious, historic and talented team.

GO, WINGS!! GO, JUMPIN' JIMMEH!!!

Edited by Vladifan

Guest mjtm77

We need a blow out.

that really helped the hawks. I Will take whatever a win is a Win

I disagree... the Wings tend to not be very good after blowing out teams in the playoffs... (Ducks in 2007 game 3, Pens 2009 game 5, Sharks last year). I find that the Wings stand a better chance by winning more of close games because that is what good teams do. IMO Wings want to win game 5 by something like 4-2 then head back to the joe for a game 6. Let game 7 be the blowout for the wings.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I disagree... the Wings tend to not be very good after blowing out teams in the playoffs... (Ducks in 2007 game 3, Pens 2009 game 5, Sharks last year). I find that the Wings stand a better chance by winning more of close games because that is what good teams do. IMO Wings want to win game 5 by something like 4-2 then head back to the joe for a game 6. Let game 7 be the blowout for the wings.

Ahhhhhhh. The memories of Patrick Roy and that torching the Wings gave him. I was so stunned that night, that I was actually disappointed in about 1% of my body that the game wasn't going to be exciting. The other 99% was jumping for joy!

LOL but that game was exciting for me. Granted I was only 11 at the time and loved Sergei Federov so seeing him and the rest of the Wings light up the "unstoppable" Patrick Roy was amzing and truly exciting for the ENTIRE game lmao. With that said, after the trouble the Sharks have given the Wings the past couple years, if we get to a game 7, i would LOVE for the boys in red and white to send the sharks out with a bang.

More importantly though is that the Wings somehow come back and win... i dont care the score just win dammit!

Ahhhhhhh. The memories of Patrick Roy and that torching the Wings gave him. I was so stunned that night, that I was actually disappointed in about 1% of my body that the game wasn't going to be exciting. The other 99% was jumping for joy!

Haha i was thinking the same thing when he mentioned a game seven blowout! Is that sad? Or awesome?

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Haha i was thinking the same thing when he mentioned a game seven blowout! Is that sad? Or awesome?

I would lean toward the side of AWESOME!

What makes anyone think that the Wings are going to Win this series???????????? Listen I LOVE the Wings absolutely love them and I did believe they could win this series until I saw Game 4, the Wings blew a 3 goal lead. I'm not trying to discredit the Sharks but a winning Wings team does not do that. I think it's going to be just like last season and they are out tonight. I'm not giving up hope and faith in my team but the last game in my opnion was disgusting. The only game it looked liked the Wings were playing hard was Game 1 I mean that's just my opnion. This team will have to gride like they haven't grinded in a long time to win this series. I hope I will eat these words but I don't think I will.

What makes anyone think that the Wings are going to Win this series???????????? Listen I LOVE the Wings absolutely love them and I did believe they could win this series until I saw Game 4, the Wings blew a 3 goal lead. I'm not trying to discredit the Sharks but a winning Wings team does not do that. I think it's going to be just like last season and they are out tonight. I'm not giving up hope and faith in my team but the last game in my opnion was disgusting. The only game it looked liked the Wings were playing hard was Game 1 I mean that's just my opnion. This team will have to gride like they haven't grinded in a long time to win this series. I hope I will eat these words but I don't think I will.

*cough* Scoreboard *cough*