• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Changes for Game 5

Rate this topic

Holmstrom is a liability out there, even on the PP. He played 10:57 tonight, and I don't think he had more than 1 or 2 shifts in the last period. Is he scratched on Sunday, not sure, but I would.

Franzen clearly isn't healthy, but he did have some chances tonight. How he didn't score late in the third with a virtual empty net is beyond me.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen, as far as I'm concerned, HAS TO STAY TOGETHER. Look at all the chances they created deep in the 3rd when they finally reunited? It's clear Dats and Flip have chemistry, they always have, so keep them together. Stop having Homer drag Dats down.

I'd play Mursak instead of Hudler who was terrible tonight, but you probably can't have both Huds and Homer sit out. OR you could sit Draper (played only 07:05 tonight) and have Modano centre the 4th line. So my line-up would be...

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen

Cleary - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves

Hudler - Draper/Modano - Mursak

Edited by Aussie_Wing

no way homer sits but hudler might/should

But tell me, why should be play? He was awful out there, he dragged Dats down, and as soon as he was removed from the rotation we started clicking, that top line actually started to play like one.

I agree, something needs to change! I say Motown in for Mule and Kindl in for Ericsson! Mursak in for Huds might be ok! I think Murs can play a better grinding style than Huds! I personally do not think Mursak will play in the playoffs unless someone gets injured!

Abby>Miller.

Say what you want about his untimely penalty tonight, but he drew one more than he took.

Abby drives me insane, and I say heat of the moment stuff about wanting him out, but when push comes to shove, I wouldn't scratch him. I value what he does (hit, play strong defence, play wing/centre) too much to have him sit.

Guest blueadams

Holmstrom is a liability out there, even on the PP. He played 10:57 tonight, and I don't think he had more than 1 or 2 shifts in the last period. Is he scratched on Sunday, not sure, but I would.

Franzen clearly isn't healthy, but he did have some chances tonight. How he didn't score late in the third with a virtual empty net is beyond me.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen, as far as I'm concerned, HAS TO STAY TOGETHER. Look at all the chances they created deep in the 3rd when they finally reunited? It's clear Dats and Flip have chemistry, they always have, so keep them together. Stop having Homer drag Dats down.

I'd play Mursak instead of Hudler who was terrible tonight, but you probably can't have both Huds and Homer sit out. OR you could sit Draper (played only 07:05 tonight) and have Modano centre the 4th line. So my line-up would be...

Is Miller hurt or something!? Hell will freeze over before Babs plays Mursak and scratches Miller.

I've been on board with Filppula-Datsyuk together since game two of the Pheonix series though. If I'm Babs, I'm rolling...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Modano-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Hudler

Miller

Edited by blueadams

But tell me, why should be play? He was awful out there, he dragged Dats down, and as soon as he was removed from the rotation we started clicking, that top line actually started to play like one.

he should play because of all the little things that he does right (things that don't show up on the stat sheet). homer is a winner and we need a guy like him to win. i agree that he was very quiet tonight but you can't underestimate what he brings to the team. he has 6 points in 8 games. that's a lot better than most of our guys.

Is Miller hurt or something!? Hell will freeze over before Babs plays Mursak and scratches Miller.

I've been on board with Filppula-Datsyuk together since game two of the Pheonix series though. If I'm Babs, I'm rolling...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Modano-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Hudler

Miller

Look, I do agree that Mursak isn't getting into the line-up, that's just wishful thinking on my behalf BUT my line of thinking there is that we have seen what Miller offers this series, nothing. Mursak shouuld get a shot, he brings speed, energy and a good foreheck. I guess those thing will just have to wait until next season.

The only changes I would make are swap Hudler for Modano. They're about the same offensively, while Modano is better defensively. Yes, keep Datsyuk and Filp together. Filp looks like a different player when he's on that line.

Draper - Helm - Eaves

Hudler - Abdelkader - Mursak

I'd roll these lines, tbh. Give the fourth 10:00 of ice, ride the third hard. Double shift Abby on the third if you need to.

Abby drives me insane, and I say heat of the moment stuff about wanting him out, but when push comes to shove, I wouldn't scratch him. I value what he does (hit, play strong defence, play wing/centre) too much to have him sit.

I'm an Abby fan, and he still frustrates the hell out of me. I do think he draws more minor penalties per minute on ice than any other Wing. He is a frustrating player to watch and play against. To me, he brings much more than he gives up, especially when compared to Miller.

My question is why the f*** is Huds being still put out there on the 2nd PP unit ffs?

Back to some of the main points of the thread. Yes I believe Holmstrom is now a liability out there period. Whether on the PP or 5 on 5. Too bad we haven't seen Modano but oh well. Pretty sure Babs also was going with Abby-Helm-Eaves line there at the end maybe more so during the third period.

My question is why the f*** is Huds being still put out there on the 2nd PP unit ffs?

Back to some of the main points of the thread. Yes I believe Holmstrom is now a liability out there period. Whether on the PP or 5 on 5. Too bad we haven't seen Modano but oh well. Pretty sure Babs also was going with Abby-Helm-Eaves line there at the end maybe more so during the third period.

Here are a few stats for the third period:

Hudler ....2 shifts...toi...52 seconds

Draper.....2 shifts...toi...1.14

Homer......2 shifts...toi...1.42

Why dress players that you don't trust to be out there in the third?If they're good enough to dress,then have some faith in them.Babcock is contradicting himself with his benching of these players.

I'll take Modano over Hudler

Mursak over Homer

Miller over Draper

Give Kindl some experience please,Erikson can take a break.

Guest blueadams

Here are a few stats for the third period:

Hudler ....2 shifts...toi...52 seconds

Draper.....2 shifts...toi...1.14

Homer......2 shifts...toi...1.42

Why dress players that you don't trust to be out there in the third?If they're good enough to dress,then have some faith in them.Babcock is contradicting himself with his benching of these players.

I'll take Modano over Hudler

Mursak over Homer

Miller over Draper

Give Kindl some experience please,Erikson can take a break.

yeah, a must-win playoff game is probably the right time to get a young defenseman that hasn't played in three weeks some "experience"

yeah, a must-win playoff game is probably the right time to get a young defenseman that hasn't played in three weeks some "experience"

He should have had a few games under his belt by now.

Erikson and Salei do not inspire confidence defensively,at least Kindl has an offensive upside.

No effing way. No lineup changes from here on out. We finally won a game (should have won at least two) and you don't change a winning lineup. Which means from here on out, as long as the Wings are still alive in this series, the lineup won't change.

Besides, after watching how hard-fought each faceoff was, how can someone possibly want Modano in there? We can't afford to have a floater at the crucial center position.

No effing way. No lineup changes from here on out. We finally won a game (should have won at least two) and you don't change a winning lineup. Which means from here on out, as long as the Wings are still alive in this series, the lineup won't change.

Besides, after watching how hard-fought each faceoff was, how can someone possibly want Modano in there? We can't afford to have a floater at the crucial center position.

I'm the biggest Modano 'hater' around but I struggle to see how switching he and Draper, who played all of SEVEN minutes, would be such a drastic change.