• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

I just love how people are so certain that there's not anything fishy going on. I wonder if they said the same thing about basketball before that ref was caught.

esteef

I have trouble believing that referees in the top 6 sports in the country can miss so many calls and still be the best of the best. That said, I also don't stress over it.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#42 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

I guess this is the only time you could say that it isn't a bad thing!

Come on. Game 1 for the Wings was RIDICULOUS. If you can't see a problem with the officiating in that game, then you just aren't watching. I have been ok with the rest of the series, though. I think it's been too much in favor of Detroit, if anything, for games 2 through 4. I would rather have a game with 2 or 3 penalties on each team and that's it. Too me, a perfect game is each team getting one power play in the first, one power play in the second, and then a 4 on 4 in the third. And that's it.

I agree that the officiating in game 1 was bad, but not because I think the refs want the Wings to lose. The officiating was bad because the officiating was bad. It happens.
If anything the sharks diving was more of a problem. That's a shark problem not a ref problem. It's hard to catch at full speed.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#43 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

I agree. I have watched & played this wonderful game since 1972. The coaches have been and always will, give the refs their 2 cents.I would not want to ref this game as it has become so fast to the nth degree. 4 sets of eyes cannot possibly cover everything. You can never take out the human factor in sports officiating.

really.....maybe the coaches in 72 could get away with giving the refs their 2 cents, but in TODAYS NHL a coaches team would pay tons for that 2 cents. you`ve been watching hockey that long and you cant see how its changed...........damn its not like its that subtle!
Posted Image

#44 sinbin

sinbin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

really.....maybe the coaches in 72 could get away with giving the refs their 2 cents, but in TODAYS NHL a coaches team would pay tons for that 2 cents. you`ve been watching hockey that long and you cant see how its changed...........damn its not like its that subtle!

you're missing the point.......Do you see the coaches behind the bench with smiles on their faces agreeing with everything that goes on? NO! Please re-read!
Don't be fooled by what you see......

#45 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

TSN.

The only reason I'm glad that Mr. Fraser has retired is that he is able to tell us the "other side" of a lot of the stories and offer his insight and knowledge. I also know that it pisses the League off to no end that he is doing this.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#46 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

well, we certainly weren't getting the benefit of the doubt with the officials tonight..

i guess we can scratch my 'bettman wants seven game series' theory, and go back to the old 'bettman hates the red wings' theory

#47 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

well, we certainly weren't getting the benefit of the doubt with the officials tonight..

i guess we can scratch my 'bettman wants seven game series' theory, and go back to the old 'bettman hates the red wings' theory

Except that it was hard to really tell that the Sharks took any obvious penalties late in the game. This coming from a team that dives and sells like the best of them to draw calls.

Refs just stink and are inconsistent more often than not. Nothing more or less.