249 replies to this topic

#41 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

Lmfao one of the dumbass versus announcers just called boychuck kronwall

(in his defense...they do wear the same number I believe)

I think Doc is starting to go senile just a little. I remember back in the 09 SCF he had a shot by Crosby that was saved by Crosby (Osgood) on more than one occasion. Maybe he just gets into his job a little too much.

4-1 and this one is all but done. Bruins looking pretty sad tonight.

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

I would give anything to see someone paralyze Lucic and end his career someday.

And I'm not just saying that based on this incident.

I hate thisf****** hunchback bastard spotpicker! :ranting:

Edited by GMRwings1983, 14 May 2011 - 09:57 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

I think Doc is starting to go senile just a little. I remember back in the 09 SCF he had a shot by Crosby that was saved by Crosby (Osgood) on more than one occasion. Maybe he just gets into his job a little too much.

4-1 and this one is all but done. Bruins looking pretty sad tonight.

You know I thought I heard Kronwall but after a minute or two of watching I thought I was crazy. Glad to know I'm not.

#44 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Man Boston looked awful. Holy crap.

#45 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

Classless bruins fans throwin things AT the players at the end of the game

Love the game...love Boucher's comment "we still want to respect the other team". See what happens when you have LEADERSHIP?

#46 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

Wasn't the NHL suspending players for sucker punches like that during the regular season?

#47 Liberation

Liberation

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Well another boring game... 1-3-1 shouldn't be called Trap, it should be called Grab Ass.

Oh yeah @ morons saying I didn't watch it... I watched Penguins go up 3-1, when the refs were not allowing them to obstruct and calling interference and holding, but than they stopped and the Lightning came back. Same thing happened when I was watching the Capitals, they force chip ins and they hold everyone and throw out of the zone.

Face the facts, I watched it more and if you look at any other teams commentary of games against the Lightning, its always the same, the Lightning are playing grab ass.

Wasn't the NHL suspending players for sucker punches like that during the regular season?

Posted Image

#48 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

You know I thought I heard Kronwall but after a minute or two of watching I thought I was crazy. Glad to know I'm not.

I had to rewind the dvr because I wasnt sure myself lol

#49 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

I can only vouch for what was said on the TV. Your craziness is another matter of its own.:D

#50 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

This team has won 8 straight playoff games! That's very impressive.

In his first season, Yzerman seems to have assembled a team built for the playoffs. I wouldn't think that looking at their roster. Several star players, but the other players are hardly proven playoff vets.

I didn't think these guys were getting out of the first round.

The apprentice has learned well. A couple super stars an above average goalie, and fourth line grinders that play the puck. And a quiet leader. Remind you of a very successful team?

Hate to say it but I think the bolts are going to be perrenials.. Mark my words... In five years if (and thats a BIG IF) theyll be wearin the tinfoil hats just like us...can u imagine the hate if Tampa and Detroit are competing year after year knocking out betttman's golden boys? :D

(edit only hate to say it cuz Ive got mad respect for #19 but even if he gets past being in the armpit of the NHL he may have to go through the Wings to get the cup)

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut, 14 May 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#51 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

I think this falls under The Campbell Umbrella rule, wherein Bruins get fines, other players get suspensions. Cheap s*** by Horton and Lucic, and Julien smiling and laughing.

#52 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

I've never ever heard a hockey player say "to use a simile...". Lol

#53 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Goalies are so cerebral. You can tell they don't get enough shots to the head.

Edited by BigWillieStyle, 14 May 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#54 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Goalies are so cerebral. You can tell they don't get enough shots to the head.

Dude I chuckled and thats tough to do for me...wish I wasn't on my iPod def +1 in my book :beer: (exit can't remember the smilie but still...:beer: :D)

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut, 14 May 2011 - 10:31 PM.

#55 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Almost seems unfair, Yzerman 1st year as GM, Boucher 1st year as head coach and they're looking like a strong possibility to be in Stanley Cup Finals.

#56 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Almost seems unfair, Yzerman 1st year as GM, Boucher 1st year as head coach and they're looking like a strong possibility to be in Stanley Cup Finals.

That is because Yzerman is a genius and picked the right coach along with bringing in players who bought into Boucher's system. I am still pissed he didn't wait for Holland to retire so he could take the Wings over but good luck to the Yzerbolts. Going to be a very scary team in years to come if not already.

#57 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

That is because Yzerman is a genius and picked the right coach along with bringing in players who bought into Boucher's system. I am still pissed he didn't wait for Holland to retire so he could take the Wings over but good luck to the Yzerbolts. Going to be a very scary team in years to come if not already.

Whats really scary is how young he is...the man is a born leader and is SMART (eg surrounding himself with people with hockey smarts as well)

Telling you right now...the NHL (Bettman) is going to hate this

#58 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

Who drafted Yzerman again?

Posted Image

#59 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:14 AM

So Seguin scores and then gets benches for...wait forrrrrr it.... Scoring. Julien is a joke of a coach.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#60 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

Idle time well spent.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.