• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

Can we officially get off of E and Homer for their huge goals tonight

I still think Homer needs to get in front of Niemi like we know he can. I think Niemi could be thrown off his focus with a pestering Holmstrom in his face, and the big rebounds big for somebody there to pound them home.

I think they're more than a little bit in their heads. I just hope Pavs can play Tuesday.

Some jackhole on NHL network was calling the Kronwall hit the flying Bryan McCabe illegal hit. The blond twit sitting on the right.

That was Wade Belak. :hehe:

Future Wing.

But the Wings are slowly returning to form (especially Zetterberg, Helm, etc.) and that talk has to subside now, at least a little.

Unfortunately it looks like man down with Franzen, but that's what Modano is for, hopefully. Pavs seems no worse for wear with the wrist, except not taking faceoffs. Good thing Hank was unreal in that capacity at the end.

OMG, Wade ******* Belak is on the NHL Network doing commentary with Kevin Weekes.

:lol:

So that's who the twit is. He looks like the dork who got stuffed into a locker back when I was in middle school.

Sorry it took a few minutes to get that "6" up top there, guys... I had to pick myself up off the floor.

...WOW...

I second that...

I know how ya feel man. I know how ya feel... :omg:

Furious? Hell, I was furious. Furious does not equal bandwagon fan.

Counting their team out and saying that the team is worthless? Thats bandwagon fan talk.

No my point is that we say silly things in the heat of the moment, that's all. Let's just enjoy the win! :thumbup:

The thing that makes me happiest about this is that the Wings have made their mark. At 3-0, it looked to be a disaster of epic proportions and everyone was talking about how the Sharks were just so much better than the Wings. But the Wings are slowly returning to form (especially Zetterberg, Helm, etc.) and that talk has to subside now, at least a little.

To be fair though, most would agree that the sharks were also getting some amazing breaks. I still think the sharks are a step better. They're faster, they're bigger, they're younger, but they're inexperienced. That's the one big key factor the wings have on San Jose. The wings got a couple of breaks and bounces today and won the game. Same happened for us last game.

I just hope the trend continues into game 6 and we even the score 3 to 3.

Yeah, clearly 5-2 in favor of the Sharks (or whatever it was) was handing the Wings the game. Ridiculous. That Thornton dive was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen an adult do.

It wasn't just the dive, but laying face-down on the ice writhing in agony like he'd been shot in the groin!

Can we officially get off of E and Homer for their huge goals tonight

Holmstrom, yeah. He hasn't been totally effective but he hasn't been bad and never really deserved to be ridden. Ericsson, however, was on the ice for a couple of the goals, as usual, wasn't he? Regardless, whatever my feelings on Ericsson we should never talk bad about a guy who scored in such a tight game!

To be fair though, most would agree that the sharks were also getting some amazing breaks. I still think the sharks are a step better. They're faster, they're bigger, they're younger, but they're inexperienced. That's the one big key factor the wings have on San Jose. The wings got a couple of breaks and bounces today and won the game. Same happened for us last game.

I just hope the trend continues into game 6 and we even the score 3 to 3.

Oh, I agree absolutely. I'm still really nervous because San Jose HAS dominated so often this series. But then the Wings seem to manage to find a way. And looking back, Game 1 could easily have been a Wings win and Game 3 certainly should have been. So they got some lucky breaks, the Wings are getting some...I just hope that the crazy bad luck of the first three games doesn't come back at any point. Howard will continue to be key, because the Sharks aren't just going to roll over. As much as I want a blow-out win, I think these games are going to be one goal, down to the wire, and so the Wings need to play with intensity and give themselves a cushion to work with instead of playing catchup.

Yeah, clearly 5-2 in favor of the Sharks (or whatever it was) was handing the Wings the game. Ridiculous. That Thornton dive was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen an adult do.

It wasn't just the dive, but laying face-down on the ice writhing in agony like he'd been shot in the groin!

Like I said earlier, nobody should EVER compare Thornton to Lidstrom after that. When Sharp speared Lidstrom and it cost him a ********, he didn't go down that hard or Aditya on the ground like Thornton did. Nick STILL has more testicular fortitude after his surgery than Thornton ever had, or ever will.

No my point is that we say stupid things in the heat of the moment, that's all. Let's just enjoy the win! :thumbup:

Fixed it for you, but I agree either way 100%. It just irritates the hell out of me when I see the lemmings bail and then come back in a hour span.

The Wings really played hard at the end. Seemed that the Sharks, whom deserved the game after two strong periods of play, forgot there was a 3rd period after they scored that goal to make it 3-1. Howard was stellar once again. I really hope this keeps his detractors off his back. The team is showing a lot of resilience. Game 6 Tuesday in Detroit.

100% agree with you. I know you're a huge Jimmy supporter and he's been the ******* MAN in this series, even more so because a lot of us doubted him.

Jimmy, Lids and Pavel have been incredible all series. Here's to a couple days rest for the whole team.