• Please log in to reply
1194 replies to this topic

#1041 wingsfan_54

wingsfan_54

Rookie

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

THREE UNANSWERED THIRD PERIOD GOALS FORCE A GAME SIX! RED WINGS 4, SAN JOSE 3.

Oh, we're half way there
Oh oh, livin' on a prayer.
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Oh oh, livin' on a prayer

#1042 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

Whoa whoa wait a second, serious question here:

When they called offsetting minors, did they call Thornton for diving or unsportsman like? Or was it something else? Becuase if they actually called him for the dive, then that's great.

TSN boxscore says unsportsmanlike conduct but no further detail. I believe that's the normal call for diving or embellishment.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#1043 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

wow i might as well just stop watching. once i turned it off they scored a minute later. turned it back on the 3rd saw 3-1 turned it back off turned it back on see 4-3 wings. incredible. way to go wings!

at this point i have to say mule is doing more damage then good and he needs to sit. if you look he was out there for 4 detroit penalties and one goal against. most likely cause he doesnt have the strength to defend

GO WINGS MAKE HISTORY

#1044 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

The Wings are due for blow out game...7-0 Wings game 6.

Edited by R-Dizzle, 08 May 2011 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

#1045 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,646 posts

This is the gutsiest playoff win we've had since the 2002 playoffs.

Anyone remember the last time we won a playoff game while down 2 goals in the third period? Hell, I can't remember the last time we won when being down 1 goal in the third period.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1046 Online

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Lets go Wings

Don`t give up

To all the Band Wagon Fans, you know who you are. We won even know you said we would not, you just have to believe. Lets take this home and see what we can do. Lets get the Joe rocking.

Great Game

Thank you Detroit Redwings

I knew you could do it

Lets go for another game win

#1047 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

:lol:

#1048 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

One of my friends who is a rabid Hawks fan isn't replying to my text when I ask him that. LOL!!!! But in all seriousness I am pumped for Game Six!!!! Anyone know what the start time will be?

7:30....only time zone that matters.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#1049 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Welcome back to Mr. Holier-than-thou.

Talk hockey or STFU.

Agreed!!!

#1050 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

The Wings are due for blow out game...7-0 Wings game 6.

I'd prefer a 2 goal win in game 6 and the blow out win in game 7 for the Wings to close it out, preferably with the team ovechtrick and Howie making a conn smythe pitch in the net. :)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#1051 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Wow, this game was....oh my God.

I really thought they were goners. San Jose dominated for a while, and the constant ridiculous diving...it had a definite deja vu feel to it. But then that comeback...if they can come back under those conditions in this game...well...I won't say it.

Thank you Howard for consistently being the best player on the ice for either team. Please don't stop. Thank you Kronwall and Stuart for excellent defense, hitting and smart plays. Thank you Cleary for stepping up when Franzen went out, Datsyuk, a god among men as always, and Playoff-Level Zetterberg, you too are immortal and unstoppable.

Sweet Jesus my heart is still going! haha.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1052 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

OH MY GOD!!! I think I hurt myself laughing! Over on the Sharks board they were talking abour "refs handing Wings" game.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHahahhahahahAHAHHAHAHehhehehehehhehhohohooHHHOOHHHOHHOOHHH!HH!H!H!HH!HAHAAHAAH~

#1053 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

I didn't watch game 4 or tonight, just watched box score cause I was too nervous...not sure what to do tuesday...
RIP #24

#1054 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Ahhhh.

I was thinking earlier that SJ had to win tonight, or they were in deep trouble and it was going 7. I'll bet right now Detroit wins it in 7. The silence in the Tank will be epic.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#1055 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Welcome back to Mr. Holier-than-thou.

Talk hockey or STFU.

Welcome back to the wagon BTW.

Hows this for talking hockey....

The Wings really played hard at the end. Seemed that the Sharks, whom deserved the game after two strong periods of play, forgot there was a 3rd period after they scored that goal to make it 3-1. Howard was stellar once again. I really hope this keeps his detractors off his back. The team is showing a lot of resilience. Game 6 Tuesday in Detroit.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1056 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

I'd prefer a 2 goal win in game 6 and the blow out win in game 7 for the Wings to close it out, preferably with the team ovechtrick and Howie making a conn smythe pitch in the net. :)

I don't want to jinx anything, but I've had this feeling too, that the Wings are looking more like the Wings teams of the past who would step up for huge games and then just hammer their opponent. San Jose is playing really well, too, but I don't know...I just have this feeling that the Wings might be starting to get into San Jose's head a bit.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1057 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,646 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

OH MY GOD!!! I think I hurt myself laughing! Over on the Sharks board they were talking abour "refs handing Wings" game.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHahahhahahahAHAHHAHAHehhehehehehhehhohohooHHHOOHHHOHHOOHHH!HH!H!H!HH!HAHAAHAAH~

Did we even get a powerplay in the 3rd?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1058 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

I really hope Pavel and Mule can get a little rest, because their bodies are f***ed up.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#1059 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

#1060 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

The 3rd period was a fun period to watch! :cool:

But we need to play MUCH MUCH better if we want to win this series. We need to play 60 minutes. Lets face it, the Sharks out played us tonight, but our talent came through when we needed it most.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991