Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Sharks 3

• Please log in to reply
1194 replies to this topic

#1141 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

Referring to?

Am I aloud to mention him? Hmmmm.....shhhhh, I will whisper............................ hudler

I don't expect many to agree with me, but I hope he's OUT! If Babcock dresses him instead of Modano for Franzen? :wacko: :veryangry: :censored: :furious:

You get the point. Just let me have my one day of :yahoo:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#1142 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

Am I aloud to mention him? Hmmmm.....shhhhh, I will whisper............................ hudler

I don't expect many to agree with me, but I hope he's OUT! If Babcock dresses him instead of Modano for Franzen? :wacko: :veryangry: :censored: :furious:

You get the point. Just let me have my one day of :yahoo:

Well that makes two of us, good sir.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1143 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

Rather have a half injured Franzen than a healthy Hudler
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1144 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

Rather have a half injured Franzen than a healthy Hudler

I'd rather have a retired Boyd Devereaux than a Hudler.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1145 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

I'd rather have a retired Boyd Devereaux than a Hudler.

Rather have an elderly Tomas Sandstrom than a Hudler.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1146 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

I am so proud of this team the last two games. So much heart was displayed by the Wings tonight. It is moments like these that make me really proud of the team and organization. Thanks for reminding to never give up Wings! Onto game 6 now.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#1147 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

Getting closer and closer each day...lets not jump to conclusions.. but always believe. still, one game at a time Wings.. lets do it :siren: :siren: :siren: :D

#1148 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

I finished the game shaking like a leaf and with eyes filled with tears. I cannot find the words to say how proud I am of the guys and their never-say-die attitude tonight. What a game! And for all those who ever thought that Pasha didn't know how to step up and play in the clutch, this year's performance should shut them up once and for all time.

Congrats, boys...I do believe.
Posted Image

#1149 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Go team. Never say die.

You can't blame anyone for thinking that. But holy s***, what a turn around. Incredible.

Sure you can. There are "fans" who, when things get rough, turn to giving up and making cutting remarks toward the team rather than keeping up hope. When the team wins, they of course flip-flop again, and so they prove that they cannot stay steadfast in either the hopeful or hopeless ends of the arena of fandom. Like I've said many times, I think the team deserves far better.

#1150 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Does that go for fans of all teams, or just the teams you support? Is a Lions fan who thinks they'll lose every game not a fan in your eyes? Once again you show that you do no understand the difference between hope and expectation.

I hope that this post doesn't get deleted, but I expect that it will.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#1151 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

I really wish I could hate Dats, but he's such an amazing player that plays with class that I can't do it. I can still hate you guys for having him on your team though. :) Don't get me wrong though, I am pretty disappointed with the game. I felt my team controlled the majority of the play...for the first 41 minutes anyway. Wings PK was huge tonight. Well done by your boys. See you guys in game 6.

#1152 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

I can't tell you guys how lucky I feel that I'm alive and watching at the same time Datsuyk walks the earth.

These are great days were living...........

#1153 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

Rather have an elderly Tomas Sandstrom than a Hudler.

That guy was soooo skilled it's not funny. Absolute gun.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#1154 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

I really wish I could hate Dats, but he's such an amazing player that plays with class that I can't do it. I can still hate you guys for having him on your team though. :) Don't get me wrong though, I am pretty disappointed with the game. I felt my team controlled the majority of the play...for the first 41 minutes anyway. Wings PK was huge tonight. Well done by your boys. See you guys in game 6.

You know, you could have had him. But you and how many other teams passed him up through six rounds of the draft. Now, as they said in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?", "That's your misfortune."

Me, I worship the ice that man skates on. :wub:
Posted Image

#1155 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

The sign in the Wings dressing room says: "to whom much is given, much is expected."
Quit talking about the fans who were pissed after Game 3. This team showed NOTHING up to that point - lucky bounces and s***ty refereeing aside. There was NO passion. NO competing. And NO desperation, which was shocking considering the makeup of this team is likely going to be much different next season.
And this is HOCKEYTOWN. Just making the playoffs or winning a round is FAILURE. Nothing short of a Cup and the season will always be considered a failure. Personally, that's what makes this team/organization so special to me. While other fans shrug and say "oh well, we at least MADE the playoffs...." the Wings expectations are always, and rightfully so, much higher. Our awesome owner Mr Illitch is not a man to smile and say, "hey, great season guys, even if we lost in Round 1."

Moving forward, there's much work left to do. The Wings are not a team the NHL cares about or a team that means much to the NHL when they win. It doesn't look good to see such dominance in this type of business. The refs, dare I say it, have let them "play" the past 2 games and that's been the difference. I'm still surprised they caller ORDINARY JOE THORTON for his dive, when they've been letting them get away with that s*** ALL YEAR!!! The Sharks, the Nucks, the Preds ... THESE are who the NHL wants to advance. So I hope we build on this win, and do even more next game, as our special teams are killing us - and we are not gonna see such calls if/when we get to a game 7. The Wings need to get back to that us vs. the world mentality that has been lacking.

Just a bit better. Just a bit more hustle. Just a little quicker in those battles and we will soon get to the semis and 8 wins from OUR trophy!!!

GO WINGS!!!!

#1156 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

:P

#1157 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

I would venture to say that Ryan Clowe might choose his words a little more carefully next time when it comes to who he calls out. Nik Kronwall let him know that you should always be careful what you wish for.
Posted Image

#1158 WINGSINAZ

WINGSINAZ

NOOOOO! Can't believe I have a concussion!

• 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

I had posted after game 3 that this one goal San Jose s**t had to turn around at some point.

Tonight however completely shocked me! We had no will, no fight, no determination through the first 2 periods.

WAY TO GO JIMMY FOR HOLDING US IN THERE!!!!

If we can just play the way we did in the 3rd, I think we have a real shot at this series and the cup. We demonstrated that when we want to impose our will on another team, that there is NO ONE BETTER THAN US!

Just play that way all the time.

#1159 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:08 AM

I hope all the boo birds around here that said they were turning off their TV did exactly that. F**king fairweather fans.

Chris

Well said i agree 100%
user posted image

#1160 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:09 AM

i have to listen to most of these games on the radio at work...stupid night shift. <_<

anyway, amazing game. i was fist-pumping the air while listening to the game-winning goal...i'm sure people thought i was a little weird. just a few picks from the GDT.

Games like this are what alcohol is for.

Anyone see the irony from the last few years when we lost games when we dominated and outshot teams like Calgary?

i posted about this in the "Howard..." thread -- i feel like that's happened to the wings so many times, where they've outshot the opponent by like twenty shots, and yet their goalie has a .930 save percentage and ours has a .840 save percentage. it's nice to be on the other side of that s*** for once.

unreal win, i am veryf****** impressed and eating a plate of crow

yeah, i never want to be the slap-happy fan that always sees the bright side only to get crushed, but i think a LOT of us felt like we were out of it after that early third-period goal to make it 3-1 sharks. plus, they were talking about how neimi gives up goals in the first, less in the second, and almost none in the third. plus, there was always the fear of one bad PK, which has plagued us in these playoffs. to jimmy's credit, and to our PK's credit, and to the whole team's credit, they kept fighting even when a lot of us had given up on them.

Zetterberg's dive was amazing and now we have a f***in' series. Great effort in the third.

i'm wondering if you meant "drive" and not "dive." i didn't get to watch the game; had to listen on the radio at work. but, if you meant "dive," i'm curious what you're talking about. if you meant "drive," i think i know what you're saying. :)

go wings.