• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Need to add a solid defenseman this off-season!

Rate this topic

Weber is a RFA if he's not resigned by 7/1, correct? Someone should throw a one year offer sheet that's ridiculous which Nash will obviously match. Then he's ripe for picking as a UFA for the Wings to sign long term after Nick retires following next season.

What if Nashville doesn't match the offer? Then the Wings are in a huge hole with a big salary and many first round picks given up. Also, Nashville will want to re-sign him for more than one year, which I believe they can do regardless of the offer-sheet given.

I'm glad 99% of you all aren't the GM. tatar a first liner next season? Thinking Suter will be remotely possible? Smith as a 7th DMan instead of a 1st pairing in GRap? McCollum as a back up? Just letting Ericsson go and not re-signing him as a cheap 5th/6th DMan? I could really go on, but come onnn lol.

Wings will sign an under-appreciated forward or two and a serviceable veteran DMan or two who haven't won anything and try to get him on the cheap.

Quick question, and not sure if this was mentioned already, but isn't the cap also supposed to be going up like 6 Mil because of the new TV contract, or is that not this season?

January estimates were between 3-4 mil increase and with the new TV contract, projects are estimated around 4-6 mil.

I'm glad 99% of you all aren't the GM. tatar a first liner next season? Thinking Suter will be remotely possible? Smith as a 7th DMan instead of a 1st pairing in GRap? McCollum as a back up? Just letting Ericsson go and not re-signing him as a cheap 5th/6th DMan? I could really go on, but come onnn lol.

Wings will sign an under-appreciated forward or two and a serviceable veteran DMan or two who haven't won anything and try to get him on the cheap.

I really hope they make some type of big splash, I am so tired of them playing it safe and not getting anywhere. The last two years they didn't have much cap space, but with a 5 million increase possible, some retirements, Lids possibly taking a minor pay cut, they could make a large move like they did 08/09, even if it doesn't work it will at least add some entertainment value.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I see your Lebda and raise you a:

20081128_strudwick.jpg

Read Em and Weep!

8448554.jpgboyd_devereaux_0910.jpg

I don't understand why Suter is out of the question for the next offseason. My knowledge of the UFA/RFA section of hockey is very limited so I'm not attacking, merely asking, why that is so far out of the question.

I understand that he would more than likely to stay in Nashville but if they continue to go without a cup, I feel he would be more likely to go somewhere were a cup(s) have been already won for the chance. Loyalty is huge to these guys I understand, but having your name on that Cup is also something every team strives for.

I don't understand why Suter is out of the question for the next offseason. My knowledge of the UFA/RFA section of hockey is very limited so I'm not attacking, merely asking, why that is so far out of the question.

I understand that he would more than likely to stay in Nashville but if they continue to go without a cup, I feel he would be more likely to go somewhere were a cup(s) have been already won for the chance. Loyalty is huge to these guys I understand, but having your name on that Cup is also something every team strives for.

Nashville is down 3-2 in their second round series, while the Wings are down 3-1. I don't see how Nashville is suddenly going to become a bottom-dwelling team, and why Suter would want to leave for a 'better' Wings team. Nashville is a legitimate (but boring offensively) team that could go far if they keep their D and add some offensive power.

LOL yeah dude, we shouldn't make any moves. This team is perfect, maybe we can even bring Modano back too

Realistically, we're looking at a 3rd pairing guy:

Shane O'Brien

Jim Vandermeer

Matt Greene

Ryan O'Byrne

Sheldon Brookbank

Matt Carkner

James Wisniewski(If the price is right......)

Jason Strudwick

Mark Stuart

Ideally, a younger guy like O'Brien would be higher on my list as opposed to another aging guy like Strudwick.