• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Howard......

Rate this topic

Where are al the "fans" that didn't think he could give us a chance in the playoffs??

If not for him, we are swept or at best, definitely done at 5 games. If not for him, we are down by 5 or 6 tonight!!

Jimmy has DEFINITELY proven he belongs as a starter for the next few years!!

If not for deflected goals, we may be UP 3-1 in the series right now!!

He has stepped up huge, I am no longer a doubter.

Me, neither. He has been the best player this series. I think he's earning a reputation as a guy who steps up in huge games. And we need him to continue for at least two more games!

Jimmy's won me over. He's even improved with his rebounds. He's absorbing the impact of the puck better with his pads and then vacuuming it right back in to his body. He's made me a believer.

It's almost comical how Detroit goalies seem to half-ass the regular season and then flip the proverbial switch in the playoffs.

Howard's been flat out great in this round. If not for him, there wouldn't be a game on Tuesday.

GO WINGS!

Never really been nutty on goaltenders like some Wings fans, generally speaking of course, are. Whether that perception is accurate or not.

Last postseason was he great? Not always. Was he the sole reason or a major reason why they got eliminated early. Nah, I don't think so. He certainly didn't steal games or whatever, but he didn't play awful overall by any stretch of imagination.

You could make a case this postseason so far that he is the team MVP.

Guest Save The Octopus

Jimmy is THE ******* man! Give the guy his props!

The only reason this series is coming back is because of Jimmy Howard. The only reason the Wings were in the first two games was because of Jimmy Howard.

Hell, if Howard had some help in games one and two, this series would be over right now, with the Wings moving on.

Edited by Trapt1307

Where are al the "fans" that didn't think he could give us a chance in the playoffs??

If not for him, we are swept or at best, definitely done at 5 games. If not for him, we are down by 5 or 6 tonight!!

Jimmy has DEFINITELY proven he belongs as a starter for the next few years!!

If not for deflected goals, we may be UP 3-1 in the series right now!!

How dare us to doubt a goalie before the playoffs who ranked near the bottom in goalie statistics.

I worried about Jimmy..Hes been playing outside his mind and I am glad I am wrong. Lets hope he plays like this on a regular basis for a few years. Wings would be very tough too beat if that were the case.

How dare us to doubt a goalie before the playoffs who ranked near the bottom in goalie statistics.

Lol :thumbup: very good.

Where were all the "fans" who claimed we didn't have to worry about defense or offensive depth this series because Howard would steal games for us? We were all verrrry confident in Mr. Howard this year, as I recall.

Okay.. lets try this thread again :satisfied: ..

you can tell hes a lot more calm, and you can feel his confidence in net. Hes giving the team a chance to win and you cant ask more from him! Love Jimmy for everythings hes done for us so far

Wow this board is bipolar... lose a game and people start threads calling for Jimmy's head. Win a few games and all of a sudden he's our man :P

Jimmy is a goaltender than can help the team win a cup, no doubt about it. He is the reason we are still alive in this series.

I've been very surprised by Jimmy's play. He has stepped it up, and given us a huge chance to win each game. If our offense had been able to produce in games 1 and 2, we could have won those games.

The best part is he's still young, and will only improve from here.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Jimmy's been huge. I haven't been very negative with him, but have continued to hold the opinion he's very streaky.

We definitely need someone (not Osgood) to compete for 1st spot who can keep him fighting through next season though.

Wow this board is bipolar... lose a game and people start threads calling for Jimmy's head. Win a few games and all of a sudden he's our man :P

Jimmy is a goaltender than can help the team win a cup, no doubt about it. He is the reason we are still alive in this series.

the mob is a fickle mistress, as they say.

however, i don't think it's totally unreasonable that we've been up and down on his play this/last year -- he's been great at times, but there is absolutely no question that he had some real stinkers during the regular season. there were weeks-long stretches where he was giving up one or often two soft goals almost every single game. i don't know him, so i don't know if it's a confidence thing, an energy thing, or just a good-game/bad-game sorta thing. but it's certainly been a tale of two jimmys.

also, how awesome is it to finally be on the winning end of a game where the losing team massively outshoots the winning team and the winning goalie just plays out of his mind, while the losing goalie has a sub-.850 save percentage. it seems like that happens to us all the time in the playoffs, that we get a million shots and still lose, and it's nice to be on the other end of it for once!

edit: grammar

Edited by stormboy

the mob is a fickle mistress, as they say.

however, i don't think it's totally unreasonable that we've been up and down on his play this/last year -- he's been great at times, but there is absolutely no question that he had some real stinkers during the regular season. there were weeks-long stretches where he was giving up one or often two soft goals almost every single game. i don't know him, so i don't know if it's a confidence thing, an energy thing, or just a good-game/bad-game sorta thing. but it's certainly been a tale of two jimmys.

also, how awesome is it to finally be on the winning end of a game where the losing team massively outshoots the winning team and the winning goalie just plays out of his mind, while the losing goalie has a sub-.850 save percentage. it seems like that happens to us all the time in the playoffs, that we get a million shots and still lose, and it's nice to be on the other end of it for once!

edit: grammar

I agree. I don't think it was unreasonable to be worried with Howard in the net after the regular season. He was very streaky, and had plenty of goals against. However, he's really stepped up his game in the playoffs, and has played a consistent game every night imho.