• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Howard......

Rate this topic

The problem with Threads like this (and I have made them) is the people you intend to read it will not. The lunatic fringe that wanted Howard executed, wanted Nick to lose the C, wanted Pavel traded, think Z is done. All of those guys, if they even read this thread are not going to post.

The other problem is people who were legitimately worried about Howie, think you are calling them out.

These threads are never as fulfilling as you would have hoped they would be.

Having said that, I am very happy with Howard, he is exceeding every single one of my expectations.

I wouldn't say he has stolen games, but his first period play (while the rest of the team wakes up, except gm 4) has kept them in this series.

Good on you Howie!

The problem with Threads like this (and I have made them) is the people you intend to read it will not. The lunatic fringe that wanted Howard executed, wanted Nick to lose the C, wanted Pavel traded, think Z is done. All of those guys, if they even read this thread are not going to post.

The other problem is people who were legitimately worried about Howie, think you are calling them out.

Having said that, I am very happy with Howard, he is exceeding every single one of my expectations.

I wouldn't say he has stolen games, but his first period play (while the rest of the team wakes up, except gm 4) has kept them in this series.

Good on you Howie!

ALL of this. A masterpiece of a post :thumbup:

Way to go Howie!

Howard has been awesome in this series, no doubt about that. The concerns are certainly still there and he isn't elite, yet, but that doesn't mean he can't be given his props. There probably should have been about 7 goals scored by SJ last night.

I find it hilarious that the Sharks are about as close to a mirror image of the Wings as you can get. They even stopped paying high priced Goalies.

But the funny part is that what has bit the Wings in the ass sooooooo many times (a Hot Tender) could bite them in the ass, even though they are outplaying the Wings.

If you want to copy the mold, all weaknesses come with it.

Wow this board is bipolar... lose a game and people start threads calling for Jimmy's head. Win a few games and all of a sudden he's our man :P

Jimmy is a goaltender than can help the team win a cup, no doubt about it. He is the reason we are still alive in this series.

Well said, Wings fans have a tendency to ban wagon a player on the roster.

Where are al the "fans" that didn't think he could give us a chance in the playoffs??

If not for him, we are swept or at best, definitely done at 5 games. If not for him, we are down by 5 or 6 tonight!!

Jimmy has DEFINITELY proven he belongs as a starter for the next few years!!

If not for deflected goals, we may be UP 3-1 in the series right now!!

Jimmy is the only reason we didn't lose worse in games 1 and 2. And he's the reason we stayed within range in game 5.

He isn't playing to the level of Roloson or Thomas, but he's sure as heck saved our arses a million times.

I think Howard has it. If the offense can produce, Howard is more than good enough to win a cup.

I don't think there is any question this year. Howard, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom have hands down, carried this team.

Good on you Howie!

Those same people, are also the ones that seem to think that we could trade Helm for Ovechkin, because they don't have a realistic grasp of hockey. They look at it from a band-wagoneer stance, where all they see is their teams strengths and flaws (And mostly their flaws). They never bothered noticing there are 30 other teams, each doing their absolute best to create a Cup winning team.

Simple fact is, Howard has been better in goal for us this year, than just about anyone we've had in a goal in a while. Given that in most of the periods of most of the games he has played, Detroit has simply been outplayed (Last night even, outshot like 40-20), he has probably done better than any playoff goalie we've had in my lifetime.

When Osgood lost, it would be like, we'd outshoot oponents 40-25, and the opponents goalie was always just clearly better than ours (No disrespect to Osgood, I'm just saying). If you're a huge Ozzie fan and are offended, then replace "Osgood" with "Joseph". Anyone who has been watching for a while can remember a ton of games where we clearly out-shot the crap out of the opponent (Calgary. Anaheim), and still lost the game because they snuck a few garbage goals in.

Howard has more than risen to this occassion. And considering he is now 2-0 this year when facing elimination.

We'd be retarded to not sign him as a starter for next year.

If we had Tim Thomas, people would still complain.

I say, have a little faith. Datsyuk and Zetterberg weren't all-stars their second years in the league, they were just good. Howard is just good right now. He has some huge potential, and anyone who doesn't recognize that, should go be a Boston fan -- Since maybe they have the goaltending you're looking for. Well, statistically. I'd like to see Thomas in the West....see how he does then. In the East, every team practically has one line, and 3 lines of guys who buy the main line rest.

Edited by Joey v3.4

Jimmy's definitely learned and grown since last years play offs, that is certain. He's been awesome this year. I feel much more confident with him this year for sure and I'd give him my vote for Most Improved and possibly for Most Valuable. There is still room to improve... he's good for a softie per game and can become more consistent (referring to the reg season here). All in all he is moving in the right direction.... Keep up the good work Jimmy!

I'm damn proud of the guy. I know I was a little unhappy with him at times earlier in the season (but for the record I was mostly on the "Blame the Defense" train), but he's been Dudley Do-Right (I don't know where that came from) for the entire playoffs. I love his spirit, too - he doesn't even have to say anything in interviews; you can just tell by his face that he's determined to keep this thing going and eff everyone else.

Didn't someone here say they had a dog named Mike ******* Vernon? I think I know what I'm going to name my next dog...

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Howie's GAA may not have been as good as it was last year (don't know exact numbers), but how many times has our D left him hanging? I don't remember that many goals we scored with a deflection off of one of our defenseman's skate or stick, but seems like we allowed MANY more. Look at his shootout percentage. We have enough talent on paper to score 3.5 - 4 goals a game and Howie's 2.5ish GAA should stand up in 70% of games.

I hope he plays almost as GREAT as last night because we are going to have the Sharks on their heels and we will take the game!!

So...this isn't a ha ha ha you were wrong thread? This quote by the OP disagrees with you kind sir.

Where are al the "fans" that didn't think he could give us a chance in the playoffs??

So...this isn't a ha ha ha you were wrong thread? This quote by the OP disagrees with you kind sir.

NO it is indeed a Ha ha you were wrong thread.

I guess my point was, he was looking for a you were right from people, and the only people he could get that from is the lunatic fringe, as opposed to people who stated rebound control was going to kill him and in turn the team or something of the like.

I think even the OP would have to admit no one, and I mean no one, saw this kind of improvement in rebound control coming. I am huge Howie fan, pulling for the Black Bear (future one too), but this is by far his best hockey of his young career, and I didn't see it coming. The guy has been awesome, a few questionable goals here or there, but that is going to happen to all goalies.

He's there to prove the world wrong, i'm agreeing in complete with Ken and Mikey when they said last year was probably the best thing for him. Even though he lost, he gained so much from last years playoffs. He looks cool, calm, and collective in net this post series, and that quote from round 1 still has me in goosebumps.

If the Wings can do the unthinkable this series and then win it all this year, I think you got to give it to Datsyuk for overall performance up to this point. And you can easily make a case this series that without Datsyuk, they don't advance or at least make it back to game 7 for right now. But, this series MVP is Howard for me.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan