• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Game 6 Line-Up

Rate this topic

He's just saying that to the media. I'm sure behind closed doors it's different. He also pretended that he didn't know that Datsyuk didn't take a single faceoff in the game. He's just being coy.

This. Just trying not to say anything to give anything away, but it's pretty obvious that Datsyuk has some kind of hand or injury problem if he's not taking any face-offs. Nothing really to read into it regarding this by either team.

EDIT: that's hand or wrist problem I meant to say. My fault.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

This. Just trying not to say anything to give anything away, but it's pretty obvious that Datsyuk has some kind of hand or injury problem if he's not taking any face-offs. Nothing really to read into it regarding this by either team.

That would explain why he hardly shot the puck in this game.

Injuries are the last freaking thing we need right now. We know what happened in 2009 when this depleted roster eventually ran out of gas.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

In the presser, Babcock said, "...if Mule tells me he's good to go, he's in."

Hello! How about doing some coaching here and saying, "you know what Johan, you're not 100% and I really don't need you handicapping the team for game six. Kthxbye. Rest up for the WCFs."

This is exactly what I was thinking? WTF? I thought it was Babcock's call.

Guys you need to realize that Babs was talking to the media! What do you expect him to say yes Franzen will not play next game? That would be a dumb move on his part. Babs is going to say it will be a game time decision so that the Sharks can't prepare for the line-up until the last second... that is a veteran coach move, and a smart one at that.

Guest blueadams

If Franzen's a no-go, Babs will probably go with Huds instead of Modano (sadly). And in this case, this is what I'd like to see:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary

Filppula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Draper-Miller-Holmstrom

Franzen

Modano

...I really, really, really think that Babs needs to insert Flip back into the top six. He's doing nothing for us offensively on the third line. NOTHING. And he's been incredible in the short time that he's spent alongside pav. I'd like to see him on pav's wing in game six, but if mule's out, and hudler's in...we'll probably see the hudler-datsyuk-cleary line re-united. Fourth line is basically subs, again.

If Babcock plays Hudler over Modano, I will f***** lose it. What is Hudler good at? He's small, not physical, slow, and doesn't even shoot the puck. Modano is big, fast, and has a leathal shot. I guess even in the NHL coaches have players they just like for some reason. I mean, predicting 70 points from Hudler this year was bad enough....

I know Abdelkader made a stupid play in the third period but this whole series has consistently had dirty plays go uncalled. He was a +1, blocked a key shot, and led the team with 5 hits.

In conclusion, I want to smoke whatever the guy who suggested putting Mursak is smoking.

Abby is a hitting machine and did a great job blocking shots on the PK... but good god those penalties. Late in games he should be glued to the bench.

We just need to make sure that Abdelkader shows up each shift and not his evil twin Elbowkader. This team needs Abdelkader's hits and general physical play. And Clowey is now a little too concerned with Adbelkrasher and that is a good thing.

I suggested that we put Modano in for Franzen for tonight's game. I love Franzen it's just that he is injured and can't even skate out there. We were basically playing with one less on the bench for 1/2 a game.

Obviously, Babcock forgot to check LGW before the game for some last minute advice.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I suggested that we put Modano in for Franzen for tonight's game. I love Franzen it's just that he is injured and can't even skate out there. We were basically playing with one less on the bench for 1/2 a game.

Obviously, Babcock forgot to check LGW before the game for some last minute advice.

Good thing he forgot to check!!! We are all a bunch of arm-chair quarterbacks who know about as much of hockey as Mike Babcock knows in his pinky toe.

"Mike, you lost this game 8-1, and seemed to have no answers for any of the Sharks' lines. What went wrong?"

"Well, the Lets Go Wings guys really wanted to see Filppula back on the first line, so I figured ..... And then I read that they were calling Justin "Elbowkader" and that did kind of piss me off, so I benched him for the 2nd and 3rd period. Everybody was really happy with Helm, so I triple shifted him and he was a minus 7. They also wanted Modano in and Hudler out, so Modano came in and got hurt within the first 2 minutes. They obviously didn't know about his previous injury. This one guy was screaming for Ericsson and Rafalski to get benched, so I just left them out of the line-up altogether. We played with 4 defensemen the whole way, and Lidstrom is now in the hospital receiving fluids. Guess I probably should have stuck with MY gameplan."

like others have said, abby's taken some dumb penalties, but fortunately it didn't cost us game five, and it would be really, really tough to take him out of the lineup. i don't see how you skate franzen at this point. even if he's feeling better, he has not been himself and we can't risk him getting re-injured in the first period and being down a forward for most of the game. our PK has been brutal, and miller helps out there a lot. with how s***ty huds has been, and how s***ty our PK has been, miller's got to stay in.

didn't babs say something in the presser about miller being one of our best PK forwards? in theory, we have enough scoring depth that losing hudler's offensive potential (which he hasn't even nearly lived up to this series) is well worth the trade-off for an upgrade to the PK.

unless mule is fully one-hundred percent, miller/modano in, hudler/franzen out seems like the only option.

My first thought was "With Franzen hurt, Modano HAS to play the next game." Then I remembered Hudler was a healthy scratch for Miller yesterday, so maybe Mo stays on the sidelines. Modano is better defensively than Hudler and clearly Babcock didn't feel like he was getting enough defense out of Hudler, so it SHOULD be Modano coming into the lineup, but who knows.

I'd say Mule doesn't play given how it looked at the end of the game there. His ankle has progressively gotten worse and he is virtually ineffective on his cuts and drives that he normally has. Hudler cannot come back in with the way this series is going to get. Modano's time has finally come I'd say. Hope he really ramps it up and gets inspired to win some games and play some intense playoff hockey. Coming in the middle of this thing might be tough but he is a professional and what better time to prove what this signing might have been all about? Playoff tested experience. I just know I am all antsy about Tuesday night already and its Monday morning.....

Miller was in before Modano. He is not even on Babcock's radar. Perhaps announcing your retirement before the playoffs wasnt such a great idea Mike.

:siren: :siren: :siren: We have a winner!!!!!:siren: :siren: :siren:

TOnight showed us what skating fast does to the Sharks. An injured Franzen and slow ass Hudler should be replaced by Modano and Miller. Simple as that.

AMEN!!!

I think that Miller's insertion into the line-up had a lot less to do with Hudler's performance (too much being read into that IMO) as it was a testament to Miller's ability on the PK, which we DESPERATELY needed. In order to insert Miller, someone had to sit, and Hudler was the best option.

During the game last night, thinking Franzen was likely to be out for Tuesday, my first thought was Modano in for Franzen. However, the PK was better last night with Miller, so he stays, and though I think Hudler's size is a big liability against a bigger Sharks team, I think he's back in.

I feel that Modano's size, speed, and strength would be a better fit for this series, and MAYBE there is something to be said about his comments (I think there is too much being read into this also), but do you really think Babcock is going to NOT ice the team he feels is best just to spite a player he's annoyed with? I don't think so. I think Babcock feels Hudler is the best choice...and that's probably who it will be. Sad for a lot of us, but true nonetheless.

I think that Miller's insertion into the line-up had a lot less to do with Hudler's performance (too much being read into that IMO) as it was a testament to Miller's ability on the PK, which we DESPERATELY needed. In order to insert Miller, someone had to sit, and Hudler was the best option.

During the game last night, thinking Franzen was likely to be out for Tuesday, my first thought was Modano in for Franzen. However, the PK was better last night with Miller, so he stays, and though I think Hudler's size is a big liability against a bigger Sharks team, I think he's back in.

I feel that Modano's size, speed, and strength would be a better fit for this series, and MAYBE there is something to be said about his comments (I think there is too much being read into this also), but do you really think Babcock is going to NOT ice the team he feels is best just to spite a player he's annoyed with? I don't think so. I think Babcock feels Hudler is the best choice...and that's probably who it will be. Sad for a lot of us, but true nonetheless.

Sadly, I have to agree....But I think Mo's nose has been rubbed in it enough!:D PUT HIM IN! IT'S TIME!:ranting: