47 replies to this topic

#21 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

In the presser, Babcock said, "...if Mule tells me he's good to go, he's in."

Hello! How about doing some coaching here and saying, "you know what Johan, you're not 100% and I really don't need you handicapping the team for game six. Kthxbye. Rest up for the WCFs."

Does Mike not realize modano is a shark killer? He has averaged almost a point per game at the HP pavilion. I don't expect to see that type of performance from him, but some players are just hot against a certain team.

#22 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

Franzen's going to be game-time, plain and simple. Unless his ankle gets miraclly better, I'd put Modano in over him but we're not going to know until Tuesday evening.

As for Abdelkader, he's not coming out and can't come out. He made about as bonehead of a play you can make, yes, and deserved to be tied to the bench accordingly for the rest of the period at least (assuming it went into overtime). The Wings need his energy and spunk. While what he did there was inexcusable, in general they need his energy out there. I have no doubt he learned a lesson that he severely f'ed up and will probably play with more controlled aggression.

#23 Bradster1984

Bradster1984

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Please for the love of God Babs don't play Hudler. He's been horrible.

#24 puertoricanWingsfan

puertoricanWingsfan

The only Puerto Rican Zamboni driver you've ever met

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

Hello! How about doing some coaching here and saying, "you know what Johan, you're not 100% and I really don't need you handicapping the team for game six. Kthxbye. Rest up for the WCFs."

He's just saying that to the media. I'm sure behind closed doors it's different. He also pretended that he didn't know that Datsyuk didn't take a single faceoff in the game. He's just being coy.
"Pssshhh. I eat pieces of sh-- like you for breakfast."
"You eat pieces of SH-- for breakfast?!?"

#25 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

Franzen and Hudler sit. Abby should stay, if we swap him for anyone it should be Mursak.
Modano in for Mule.I really don't like Mo with Datsyuk though...

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#26 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

He's just saying that to the media. I'm sure behind closed doors it's different. He also pretended that he didn't know that Datsyuk didn't take a single faceoff in the game. He's just being coy.

This. Just trying not to say anything to give anything away, but it's pretty obvious that Datsyuk has some kind of hand or injury problem if he's not taking any face-offs. Nothing really to read into it regarding this by either team.

EDIT: that's hand or wrist problem I meant to say. My fault.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 08 May 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#27 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

This. Just trying not to say anything to give anything away, but it's pretty obvious that Datsyuk has some kind of hand or injury problem if he's not taking any face-offs. Nothing really to read into it regarding this by either team.

That would explain why he hardly shot the puck in this game.

Injuries are the last freaking thing we need right now. We know what happened in 2009 when this depleted roster eventually ran out of gas.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#28 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking? WTF? I thought it was Babcock's call.

#29 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

Guys you need to realize that Babs was talking to the media! What do you expect him to say yes Franzen will not play next game? That would be a dumb move on his part. Babs is going to say it will be a game time decision so that the Sharks can't prepare for the line-up until the last second... that is a veteran coach move, and a smart one at that.

#30 puertoricanWingsfan

puertoricanWingsfan

The only Puerto Rican Zamboni driver you've ever met

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking? WTF? I thought it was Babcock's call.

see above post
"Pssshhh. I eat pieces of sh-- like you for breakfast."
"You eat pieces of SH-- for breakfast?!?"

#31 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

If Franzen's a no-go, Babs will probably go with Huds instead of Modano (sadly). And in this case, this is what I'd like to see:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary
Filppula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves
Draper-Miller-Holmstrom

Franzen
Modano

...I really, really, really think that Babs needs to insert Flip back into the top six. He's doing nothing for us offensively on the third line. NOTHING. And he's been incredible in the short time that he's spent alongside pav. I'd like to see him on pav's wing in game six, but if mule's out, and hudler's in...we'll probably see the hudler-datsyuk-cleary line re-united. Fourth line is basically subs, again.

#32 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

Miller was in before Modano. He is not even on Babcock's radar. Perhaps announcing your retirement before the playoffs wasnt such a great idea Mike.

#33 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

If Babcock plays Hudler over Modano, I will f***** lose it. What is Hudler good at? He's small, not physical, slow, and doesn't even shoot the puck. Modano is big, fast, and has a leathal shot. I guess even in the NHL coaches have players they just like for some reason. I mean, predicting 70 points from Hudler this year was bad enough....

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

Let Hudler argument #56821900478 begin.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#35 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

TOnight showed us what skating fast does to the Sharks. An injured Franzen and slow ass Hudler should be replaced by Modano and Miller. Simple as that.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#36 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

TOnight showed us what skating fast does to the Sharks. An injured Franzen and slow ass Hudler should be replaced by Modano and Miller. Simple as that.

Thank you. End thread.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#37 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

I know Abdelkader made a stupid play in the third period but this whole series has consistently had dirty plays go uncalled. He was a +1, blocked a key shot, and led the team with 5 hits.

In conclusion, I want to smoke whatever the guy who suggested putting Mursak is smoking.

#38 javolio92

javolio92

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

Zetterberg - Dats - Homer
Cleary - Flip - Bert
Draper - Helm - Eaves
Abdelkader - Modano - Miller ?

#39 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

Abby is a hitting machine and did a great job blocking shots on the PK... but good god those penalties. Late in games he should be glued to the bench.

We just need to make sure that Abdelkader shows up each shift and not his evil twin Elbowkader. This team needs Abdelkader's hits and general physical play. And Clowey is now a little too concerned with Adbelkrasher and that is a good thing.

#40 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

With Mule most being likely out, I don't think that Babs has much of a choice but to play Modano. He's just a better option than Huds at this point.