• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Interesting trade idea - Alexander Semin

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Oh, Please! Hossa owed Detroit nothing. He gambled on his future for what he thought was his best chance to win the cup, then got safe when he realized his impending wealth was at stake.

Gimme a break people. The Hossa hate is ridiculous.

+1,000,000

Guest Crymson

Semin is a talent-only player. He's got lots of it, but he's lazy. He only plays at his own pace, and he doesn't care for teamwork. He has a bad attitude and can't really be relied upon.

Forget him. How about Spezza? Hahaha.

While we're putting together lines that probably won't happen, but would like to see, here is an idea...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Dupuis

Franzen-Zetterberg-Talbot

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Eaves(or Miller)

Mursak

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Stuart-Kronwall

Wisniewski-Ericsson

Janik (or Smith)

Howard

Nabokov

plus a NEW defensive coach...

Hudler and Kindl get traded for Nabokov/draft pick....

Or if New Jersey would trade us Kovalchuk, I'd send them Hudler and Fippula and then Kindl/pick for Nabaokov. Scratch signing Dupius and Talbot....

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Franzen

Cleary-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Mursak-Helm-Eaves

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Miller

Emmerton

Lids-Rafalski

Stuart-Kronner

Wisniewski-Ericsson

Janik (or Smith)

Howard

Nabokov

...and if the Cap goes up by $5M-$6M, both of these teams leave plenty of cap space for call ups or Trade Deadline...

(although, $6.6M isnt high for Kovachuk, I don't think Holland would acquire a 15 year contract...even though he would destroy the league playing next to Datsyuk)

While we're putting together lines that probably won't happen, but would like to see, here is an idea...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Dupuis

Franzen-Zetterberg-Talbot

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Eaves(or Miller)

Mursak

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Stuart-Kronwall

Wisniewski-Ericsson

Janik (or Smith)

Howard

Nabokov

plus a NEW defensive coach...

Hudler and Kindl get traded for Nabokov/draft pick....

Or if New Jersey would trade us Kovalchuk, I'd send them Hudler and Fippula and then Kindl/pick for Nabaokov. Scratch signing Dupius and Talbot....

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Franzen

Cleary-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Mursak-Helm-Eaves

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Miller

Emmerton

Lids-Rafalski

Stuart-Kronner

Wisniewski-Ericsson

Janik (or Smith)

Howard

Nabokov

...and if the Cap goes up by $5M-$6M, both of these teams leave plenty of cap space for call ups or Trade Deadline...

(although, $6.6M isnt high for Kovachuk, I don't think Holland would acquire a 15 year contract...even though he would destroy the league playing next to Datsyuk)

Kovalchuk is a living breathing example of what we don't need here. A playoff choker that plays hard sometimes, as opposed to giving 1000% every shift. They'd light it up in the regular season, but Kovalchuk can't play playoff hockey.

Kovalchuk is a living breathing example of what we don't need here. A playoff choker that plays hard sometimes, as opposed to giving 1000% every shift. They'd light it up in the regular season, but Kovalchuk can't play playoff hockey.

Sheesh, that seems to be the knock on a lot of players in today's NHL....I am just looking at a pure sniper. Maybe he just hasn't been able to be on a good, err...GREAT team in the playoffs yet...

oh come on, Geez, looking at his stats, he's only been in the playoffs twice, once with ATL he had a goal and a asst in 4 games, and then last year with New Jersey where he had 6 points in 5 games, so in 9 total games he has 3 goals and 5 asst. That really doesn't constitute a playoff choker, besides the fact that he hasn't really had a chance to consistently be in the playoffs, PLUS play besides his buddy Pav? I'd take the risk... (but, again, Holland would't take on that long contract, or would he?)

While i've always wanted a player with more grit, because i think it will lead to less injuries, Milan Lucic has always been appealing to me. One of the leagues toughest players, only outscored by one red wings forward this year and only 22 years old? Sounds good to me. This is of course if Ken Holland doesn't get Weber, which wouldn't be surprising. I think the wings could definitely use a tough player, because if an opposing player is thinking about doing something with intent to injure a wing, he may think twice if he sees someone as tough as Lucic or Weber on the bench or ice.

Guest blueadams

While i've always wanted a player with more grit, because i think it will lead to less injuries, Milan Lucic has always been appealing to me. One of the leagues toughest players, only outscored by one red wings forward this year and only 22 years old? Sounds good to me. This is of course if Ken Holland doesn't get Weber, which wouldn't be surprising. I think the wings could definitely use a tough player, because if an opposing player is thinking about doing something with intent to injure a wing, he may think twice if he sees someone as tough as Lucic or Weber on the bench or ice.

okay. agreed obviously. but how in the he!! do you propose we get lucic?

It will be a difficult task but i think Ken Holland can get the job done. I'm thinking for Franzen and a draft pick and the bruins will be seduced by this deal, plus both teams would benefit. Lucic is starting to develop consistency, something Franzen has been lacking, (ie: five goals in one game followed by one goal in about 25 games). Lucic will bring some youth to the oldest team in the league along with toughness that will be very appreciated. Franzen is a veteran forward who has playoff experience and has won a cup. He's a winner with heart, a clear intangible that Boston will want.

Would much rather Hanzal than Semin.

What are we trying to do, make us even SOFTER? hehe.gif

I want Holland to get Hanzal on the Wings more than just about any other player. He's huge, physical, great defensively, has offensive skill, good on faceoffs. He's 24.

Get him in Detroit, put him on the 2nd PP in Homer's role. Put him on the PK because he's one of the best defensive forwards in the league.

Cap hit $1.8m right now; RFA after next season.

The Coyotes' big weakness is scoring forwards; evidenced by Doan's 20 goals and 60 points leading the team. Hanzal might be had for a good prospect and a pick; perhaps a Pulkkinen and a 1st.

Assuming Draper and Modano retire, Hanzal eats up most of their combined cap hit. Eaves and Miller are UFA, plus Mursak and Emmerton are out of waiver options. The team says goodbye to Miller. Mursak and Emmerton step up onto the NHL roster, if only as spares.

The Wings add a top-four defenseman such as Joni Pitkanen or Christian Ehrhoff, and if reasonable retain Jonathan Ericsson. Otherwise Jakub Kindl takes his spot and Derek Meech, Doug Janik, or another capable veteran takes the #7 spot. Ruslan Salei is not brought back.

Chris Osgood returns at a reduced rate, or retires and is replaced by a cheaper veteran goaltender.

Granted; I don't think Phoenix is willing to trade their best forward. Which is why ultimately I'd like to see the Wings get the Pitkanen/Ehrhoff and sign ANOTHER top-four defenseman if possible. Both Pitkanen and Ehrhoff (replacing Salei and Ericsson) would be my ideal, but others such as Bieksa would work if they come cheaper.

Guest blueadams

I want Holland to get Hanzal on the Wings more than just about any other player. He's huge, physical, great defensively, has offensive skill, good on faceoffs. He's 24.

Get him in Detroit, put him on the 2nd PP in Homer's role. Put him on the PK because he's one of the best defensive forwards in the league.

Cap hit $1.8m right now; RFA after next season.

The Coyotes' big weakness is scoring forwards; evidenced by Doan's 20 goals and 60 points leading the team. Hanzal might be had for a good prospect and a pick; perhaps a Pulkkinen and a 1st.

Assuming Draper and Modano retire, Hanzal eats up most of their combined cap hit. Eaves and Miller are UFA, plus Mursak and Emmerton are out of waiver options. The team says goodbye to Miller. Mursak and Emmerton step up onto the NHL roster, if only as spares.

The Wings add a top-four defenseman such as Joni Pitkanen or Christian Ehrhoff, and if reasonable retain Jonathan Ericsson. Otherwise Jakub Kindl takes his spot and Derek Meech, Doug Janik, or another capable veteran takes the #7 spot. Ruslan Salei is not brought back.

Chris Osgood returns at a reduced rate, or retires and is replaced by a cheaper veteran goaltender.

Granted; I don't think Phoenix is willing to trade their best forward. Which is why ultimately I'd like to see the Wings get the Pitkanen/Ehrhoff and sign ANOTHER top-four defenseman if possible. Both Pitkanen and Ehrhoff (replacing Salei and Ericsson) would be my ideal, but others such as Bieksa would work if they come cheaper.

Emmerton's still got one more two-way contract year. And we don't need more soft defensemen.

Guest Crymson

So many of the trades proposed in this thread are laughably unlikely. Apparently many of you have forgotten that other teams aren't lining up to improve our roster at the cost of their own.