• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cali-Wing-Nut

Superstitions

Rate this topic

Against PHX it was: Wear red anywhere in my outfit and eat a 1/2 bag of puppy chow during the game.

This round is more involved because I have to do everything I did when we won game 4:

Metallic eyeshadow with Winged eyeliner.

Wing earrings

Red Wings dogtag

Black shirt

NO playing video games!!!

Oh and my nail polish can't be overly chipped and I have to have my game recap done before the next game.

Edited by wingnut40

Guest Crymson

I gave up on the series after being down 3-0. I've been telling myself no way in hell they can win another game. Going into game 6 I really believe there is no way in hell they can win another. So far so good.

That's called being weak-willed, not superstitious.

Haha, okay, wait, actually I do have something totally off the wall that I do. Right, this is kind of embarrassing, but I secretly think Patrick Marleau, in all his awkwardness, is kind of cute, but he's been doing really badly. After game 3, I figured maybe if I started saying, "Setoguchi is the man!" or "Thornton is my favorite player!" that it would confuse the hockey gods so they would make those players do badly, too. It actually kinda worked, especially in game 5, and especially with Thornton. But just for the record, I refuse to say anything like, "Dan Boyle is a sexy beast," after having seen That One Picture of him. I am way too scarred for life to go that far.

Hahahaha, sorry.. that is the strangest, cutest superstition yet.

Edited by LadyInRed

Hahahaha, sorry.. that is the strangest, cutest superstition yet.

No need to apologize...it's totally weird, I know. ;) I just couldn't help but notice that the one guy I don't despise on the Sharks wasn't doing squat, so I figured it was worth a try to jinx the rest of them. Only me...

Guest Heaten

I always ask myself "what makes me so special that my daily life routine can influence the outcome of an NHL game". I use to be that arrogant when I was younger... but now I realize its the guys on the ice that need to make it happen, not me. I just need to work, pay my bills, pay taxes, eat, sleep, and keep up my personal hygiene... the rest should take care of it self.

...but if doing a hand-stand for 16 hours straight will result in a win, sign me up!!!

I have to be wearing SOMETHING Wings during the game. If I can watch, jersey, if I have to work, I wear a St Patricks Day Wings tank top under my uniform. Its green, has shamrocks, and the Wheel, so...

I also try and kiss Datsyuk's signature on the autographed stick hanging in my living room before the puck drops.