• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

During the playoffs I wear the bracelets and change my wallpaper after each game. The last player to score a goal is the wallpaper.

For the last two games I have worn my Robert Lang jersey and Wing Nut hat. I have also eaten spaghetti and drank a Vernor's (last night it took 2). Tuesday and Thursday, I have to work and will not be able to wear the Wings gear, but I have found that if I wear red to work on a game day that it does not work in the Wings' favour, so I will just take a Vernor's to work.

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

Round by round beard this year as well.... hoping for as scruffy and itchy as can be after this one is all said and done ;)

Edited by HankthaTank, 09 May 2011 - 04:21 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

I've been wearing my Howard t-shirt every game (I do wash it, though...I refuse to believe in superstitions that conflict with good hygiene), except for Round 2 Game 1 when I wore my Yzerman jersey...what a mistake. I've also been wearing my playoffs necklace every day. Nothing too unique...I don't get out of bed, turn around 3 times and throw salt over my left shoulder on game day or anything.

Haha, okay, wait, actually I do have something totally off the wall that I do. Right, this is kind of embarrassing, but I secretly think Patrick Marleau, in all his awkwardness, is kind of cute, but he's been doing really badly. After game 3, I figured maybe if I started saying, "Setoguchi is the man!" or "Thornton is my favorite player!" that it would confuse the hockey gods so they would make those players do badly, too. It actually kinda worked, especially in game 5, and especially with Thornton. But just for the record, I refuse to say anything like, "Dan Boyle is a sexy beast," after having seen That One Picture of him. I am way too scarred for life to go that far.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#24 Triple Deke

Triple Deke

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Mostly just playoff superstitions for me. I have two beanie baby octopi that sit or hang (just moved so they changed location) and they must be placed with legs evenly spaced apart and no one can touch them on game day. Last year they were setting and easily bumped by my friends who didnt know any better (sorry guys thats why the sharks got us) this year they are hanging on the wall above the projector screen I watch all the games on. I always have my Z jersey on, but the undershirt changes depending on a win. Games 4 and 5 it has been a shirt with a huge question mark on it (as in WHAT are you guys doing out there) before that it was a white Lids shirt. After the game my Jersey gets hung in my room 40 side out if he went off, Winged Wheel side out if the team played amazing and crumpled in the closet if it was one of those nights.

#25 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

I used to have a wholef****** routine
Beard, Red shirt for home, White for away.
Sit in a certain seat.
Shoot some pucks.

Then I realized nothing I do can change how the wings play so its whatever now.

#26 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

Against PHX it was: Wear red anywhere in my outfit and eat a 1/2 bag of puppy chow during the game.

This round is more involved because I have to do everything I did when we won game 4:
Metallic eyeshadow with Winged eyeliner.
Wing earrings
Red Wings dogtag
Black shirt
NO playing video games!!!

Oh and my nail polish can't be overly chipped and I have to have my game recap done before the next game.

Edited by wingnut40, 09 May 2011 - 07:27 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#27 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

I gave up on the series after being down 3-0. I've been telling myself no way in hell they can win another game. Going into game 6 I really believe there is no way in hell they can win another. So far so good.

That's called being weak-willed, not superstitious.

#28 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

Haha, okay, wait, actually I do have something totally off the wall that I do. Right, this is kind of embarrassing, but I secretly think Patrick Marleau, in all his awkwardness, is kind of cute, but he's been doing really badly. After game 3, I figured maybe if I started saying, "Setoguchi is the man!" or "Thornton is my favorite player!" that it would confuse the hockey gods so they would make those players do badly, too. It actually kinda worked, especially in game 5, and especially with Thornton. But just for the record, I refuse to say anything like, "Dan Boyle is a sexy beast," after having seen That One Picture of him. I am way too scarred for life to go that far.

Hahahaha, sorry.. that is the strangest, cutest superstition yet.

Edited by LadyInRed, 10 May 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#29 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hahahaha, sorry.. that is the strangest, cutest superstition yet.

No need to apologize...it's totally weird, I know. ;) I just couldn't help but notice that the one guy I don't despise on the Sharks wasn't doing squat, so I figured it was worth a try to jinx the rest of them. Only me...

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#30 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

I always ask myself "what makes me so special that my daily life routine can influence the outcome of an NHL game". I use to be that arrogant when I was younger... but now I realize its the guys on the ice that need to make it happen, not me. I just need to work, pay my bills, pay taxes, eat, sleep, and keep up my personal hygiene... the rest should take care of it self.

...but if doing a hand-stand for 16 hours straight will result in a win, sign me up!!!

#31 denverwingsfan13

denverwingsfan13

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

I have to be wearing SOMETHING Wings during the game. If I can watch, jersey, if I have to work, I wear a St Patricks Day Wings tank top under my uniform. Its green, has shamrocks, and the Wheel, so...

I also try and kiss Datsyuk's signature on the autographed stick hanging in my living room before the puck drops.

#32 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

Right before game 4, my ex-girlfirend and I got into a screaming match on the phone. Right before game 5 started, I called her, yelled "f*** you" into the phone and, alas, we won. I've got an alarm set for 7 PM with a reminder to call again :D

#33 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

If I'm asleep during a game, we tend to lose (SJ last year). If I start to watch it THEN fall asleep, we tend to win.

Apart from that wear my Datsyuk t-shirt to bed and my Tigers Road hat all day.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life