• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Game 6

Rate this topic

while game 5 will go down as a game we will never forget and will be something that will make us smile watching the highlights on youtube in august, lets not forget that game 6 isn't a gimme. The wings MUST NOT THINK ABOUT GAME 7!!!! if they do, it's all over. Think back to the 2008 playoffs, WCSF DAL vs SJS: dallas won first 3 dropped games 4 & 5(dallas had 2 goal lead in 3rd) then closed it out in game 6. WCF DAL vs DET: detroit wins first 3 doppped games 4 & 5 then closed it out in 6.

SJ will give us the best effort of the season on tuesday. If the wings start to think that they are in the sharks heads, or have the momentum, or relax because they are at home, or whatever. they are cooked.

play like it's game 7

play like its Lids last game

play like its your last game

play like you've come to far to lose

play like Howard has given you an opportunity to play again this season

play like the first period of game 4

play like Pavel Datsyuk

play like Nick Lidstrom

play like Henrik Zetterberg

play like Darren Helm

play like Nicklas Kronwall

play like Dan Cleary

play like Jimmy Howard

play like Val Fippula

play like Johan Franzen(if you play)

play like Mike Modano(if you play)

play like Justin Abdelkader(minus the penalties)

play like Tomas Holmstrom

play like Jiri Hudler(from 2008-2009)

play like Drew Miller

play like Todd Bertuzzi

play like Kris Draper

play like Patrick Eaves

play like Johnathan Ericsson(from 2008)

play like Brian Rafalski

play like Ruslan Salei

play like Brad Stuart

play like The Detroit Red Wings!

Detroit+Red+Wings+v+Pittsburgh+Penguins+Game+FNUkyyb5BSrl.jpg

I certainly don't think Babcock is going to let them get off with an easy day, especially considering he absolutely hated their play in the first and second. They got away with a lucky win, San Jose got their's game 3 we got ours game 5. It's back to getting our mind straight, game 6 will be the biggest of this series for sure.

They got away with a lucky win, San Jose got their's game 3 we got ours game 5. It's back to getting our mind straight, game 6 will be the biggest of this series for sure.

A lucky win? It may have been unpredictable and miraculous, but there was no luck involved whatsoever. The Wings straight dominated the Sharks at the end of the game. Coming back from 3-1 was completely deserved.

add it to the list:

play like you want it more

It's all we really can say. Biggest game of all these player's lives. MIGHT be Nick's last, Jimmy continually having to prove himself, etc. with a million other back stories... Playoff hockey personified.

I wonder at what point does the fatigue factor start affecting the Sharks. The Wings had a quick 4 game sweep and rested for 10 days. Meanwhile, the Sharks played in 6 games in the last round and half of them went into OT. Now they're doing all this flying back and forth from SJ to Detroit. Does the fatigue set in for Game 6? Not to mention, their defensemen block a TON of shots, that has got to wear down your body quicker.

How did they come back last night? By stopping with the cutesy bulls*** along the perimeter and by getting the puck to the net and grinding it out down low. That's the mindset they need. On defense, ouch....I don't think any mindset change will matter, I think their defensive issues are systemic.

A lucky win? It may have been unpredictable and miraculous, but there was no luck involved whatsoever. The Wings straight dominated the Sharks at the end of the game. Coming back from 3-1 was completely deserved.

I think I would tend to agree with this just maybe not to the same degree. I think it's a little bit different to compare game 3 to this one. To me Detroit dominated all of Game 3 only to come up short where as although SJ dominated for slightly more than 2 periods the Wings dominated most of the 3rd.

How did they come back last night? By stopping with the cutesy bulls*** along the perimeter and by getting the puck to the net and grinding it out down low. That's the mindset they need. On defense, ouch....I don't think any mindset change will matter, I think their defensive issues are systemic.

This.

They just need to keep shooting the puck on net, it doesn't have to be pretty. The more shots on net the better our chances of one or more getting past Niemi.

They have to continue playing desperate and realize that they haven't accomplished anything yet.

One more slip up and our season is over. That's what happens when you go down 3-0, namely there's little room for error.

I want to see the same desperation I saw at the start of game 4.

Also, I don't expect the Sharks to be rattled or panicked like people here think they will. We've seen teams (like Detroit in 2008), win a game 6 on the road after being up 3-0 on Dallas. San Jose did the same thing to Colorado in 2004. They'll be ready and hungry to play.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Lucky may have not been the word for it, possibly deserved I suppose? I'm just saying Game 3 Detroit deserved to win. One could argue you don't deserve a game that you lose but I was just saying we played great Game 3 and found a way to lose it. San Jose played great last night and looked like they were going to wrap things up last night but found a way to lose it. I guess we can both agree that we're equaled out the "found a way to lose it" stat. Eh, nevermind we found a way to lose Game 1 too.

I wonder at what point does the fatigue factor start affecting the Sharks. The Wings had a quick 4 game sweep and rested for 10 days. Meanwhile, the Sharks played in 6 games in the last round and half of them went into OT. Now they're doing all this flying back and forth from SJ to Detroit. Does the fatigue set in for Game 6? Not to mention, their defensemen block a TON of shots, that has got to wear down your body quicker.

Not to mention Todd McLellen has shortened his bench.