• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thegreat66

This Pens fan thinks the Sharks lost the series

Rate this topic

in the 3rd period Sunday night. Been watching a lot of hockey and perhaps best period of hockey I've seen this playoff season. There seemed to be a paradigm shift and Wings just took game to another level. In a few days will we be talking about the 4th team to come back from 3-0? I think so. Go Wings!!!

Also- I think Niemi is going to be soft the rest of the series.

Hopefully so.

More/less I think everybody here was preaching the same thing back in 2009 after we beat the tar out of you all in game 5 but couldn't seal the deal twice. :(

So nothing is guaranteed, but if you are a big believer in momentum/psyche, this is as good as it gets up this point so far with an insane comeback. Momentum etc. definitely plays a factor but after that first initial push in a game that everybody typically likes to mention (which usually holds out to be true to varying degrees), you have to sustain that intensity/drive and momentum after the first 10 minutes or whatever, or the other team could eventually get into the game then.

in the 3rd period Sunday night. Been watching a lot of hockey and perhaps best period of hockey I've seen this playoff season. There seemed to be a paradigm shift and Wings just took game to another level. In a few days will we be talking about the 4th team to come back from 3-0? I think so. Go Wings!!!

I love your optimism!:thumbup:

One of the posts above mankes a good point that winning this type of game can definitely swing a series. The other thing to think about is now you've planted a little seed of doubt in the Sharks' heads. Although they are a great team they have still yet to get over the hump in the playoffs and shed the choke label. They're going to start feeling the heat a little bit now

I love your optimism!:thumbup:

Hey I learned to respect this Wings team a great deal watching them up close in 2008-2009- which is why I put a few bucks on them when they were down 3-0 to Sharks at 50:1 to win the Cup. I really do think you guys have a huge goaltending advantage with Howard over Niemi- especially now when pressure is adding up. I also think ESPN and everyone talking about Lidstrom's farewell tour is working to your advantage pyschologically. Go Wings!!!!

No doubt. Whatever Detroit did in that 3rd period was phenominal. I have NEVER, EVER, seen a comeback like that in such a pivotal game. When they went up 3-1, I was like, "Oh crap....that's game". But I watched, hoping, and praying.

Then suddenly, wham, wham, wham, three gorgeous goals, and the best penalty kill I've seen out of Detroit in years.

It was like...suddenly, they just got hungry, and suddenly they just figured it all out.

Even if they lose game 6 or 7, watching Detroit play at that level for even one period, made the entire playoffs worth it for me. That was purely incredible. That is the "Redwings" we all know can be out there.

I think Niemi won't be soft, but I think we are in his head. I think he looked sloppier. I've watched the third period four times over and he wasn't overly confident.

The Sharks still have a 3-2 edge. They know it. They will come out flying in game 6, but if we can that one (Thank god it's at home), then I'll think about a true paradigm shift. The first two periods of that game we played like crap, and yes we stepped it up in the third, but we also got lucky that our hard work paid off for once.

But we're in their head, and now every Detroit player knows there is hope.

Awesome third period. Could not have literally possibly come at a better time.

I was really proud to be a Wings fan last night.

That Datsyuk pass was incredible. At first I was like "WTF IS HE DOING!!!!!" I thought for sure it was going to be one of those plays where he steals it (Twice, mind you), and ends up sending it wide, but he didn't shoot.....he passed back and blam.

Datsyuk is the most entertaining player in the world.

No doubt. Whatever Detroit did in that 3rd period was phenominal. I have NEVER, EVER, seen a comeback like that in such a pivotal game. When they went up 3-1, I was like, "Oh crap....that's game". But I watched, hoping, and praying.

Then suddenly, wham, wham, wham, three gorgeous goals, and the best penalty kill I've seen out of Detroit in years.

It was like...suddenly, they just got hungry, and suddenly they just figured it all out.

When the Sharks scored that third goal, I was so tempted to just turn off the TV, but I was like "No, this could be Nick's last game and there's still some time left on the clock. Let's see where this goes."

Then Ericsson scores and I'm a little more interested. That Cleary goal, I always look at the ref in situation like that and I kept hoping he was going to point at the puck in the net and he did and I just blown away. When we got the eventual GWG I was like "Is this a dream?! Did I fall asleep?? How is this happening??"

Definitely one of most improbable comebacks I have ever witnessed. After the third goal, it looked, felt, smelled, tasted, whatever like a loss and they score those 3 quick goals and BAM we're playing a Game 6. Unbelievable. This game and Game 4 were absolutely tremendous... and stressful. If the Wings could just complete the comeback with two blow outs that would be great. Thanks :lol:

When the Sharks scored that third goal, I was so tempted to just turn off the TV, but I was like "No, this could be Nick's last game and there's still some time left on the clock. Let's see where this goes."

Then Ericsson scores and I'm a little more interested. That Cleary goal, I always look at the ref in situation like that and I kept hoping he was going to point at the puck in the net and he did and I just blown away. When we got the eventual GWG I was like "Is this a dream?! Did I fall asleep?? How is this happening??"

Definitely one of most improbable comebacks I have ever witnessed. After the third goal, it looked, felt, smelled, tasted, whatever like a loss and they score those 3 quick goals and BAM we're playing a Game 6. Unbelievable. This game and Game 4 were absolutely tremendous... and stressful. If the Wings could just complete the comeback with two blow outs that would be great. Thanks :lol:

My god man, I swear I was laying there with my girlfriend just depressed and was like well we've gotten outplayed, can't be sad about it but its about done. She saw how depressed I was and I told her "I would turn off the tv and just call it a night but for the sake this may be the last time I watch Lidstrom play, i'm going to just sit here and finish it." Still depressed I watched one goal to another and once they tied it all I said was, "oh my god, please don't be ******* with me Wings." The emotions of that game just killed me, by the end of it I was shaking. Ugh, come to think about it, I get way too emotional about hockey. Just kidding, you can never be too emotional towards hockey.

My god man, I swear I was laying there with my girlfriend just depressed and was like well we've gotten outplayed, can't be sad about it but its about done. She saw how depressed I was and I told her "I would turn off the tv and just call it a night but for the sake this may be the last time I watch Lidstrom play, i'm going to just sit here and finish it." Still depressed I watched one goal to another and once they tied it all I said was, "oh my god, please don't be ******* with me Wings." The emotions of that game just killed me, by the end of it I was shaking. Ugh, come to think about it, I get way too emotional about hockey. Just kidding, you can never be too emotional towards hockey.

I was the same way sans GF. Of all things I type "Cali Wing Nut Signing Off" walk outside to smoke a Camel and as soon as I walk out the door Ericsson scores. I walk back in and the rest is history. I barely slept from the adrenaline of the next minutes of that game.

Dunno if a man is allowed to cry but I teared up when Nick hit that home run of a shot. If that wasnt a hockey miracle I dont know what is.

Thats why I started the superstition thread. My dad kept watching the game and I couldnt bring myself to watch the team get shredded after the Bucky Beaver goal. I didnt wanna keep posting on the GDT and get myself down and that f;n cigarette on the deck got a goal.

I may just sit outside all next game lol

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

That's what I'm thinking going into Game 6. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings win 5-1 and Niemi get's the hook in the game, while Howard continues to shine. Maybe it's just me being a homer, and wishful thinking, however, when you have a team down, like the Sharks did to the Wings, you gotta take 'em out!

I'm wondering if Nichol, trying to draw a penalty by going down too easy, leading to the Helm goal in Game 4, is the turning point of the series?

Also, I was thinking today, with the Red Sox in 2004, the Flyers last year, and the Blackhawks forcing OT in Game 7 against the Canucks this year, how much the mindsets of teams and fans have changed when they're now down 0-3. It doesn't seem like an impossibility and ancient history anymore to comeback. It can happen!

If we're ahead in Game 6, I'll be watching for the moment when the Sharks panic and we have them right where we want them (like a stick measurement, or Thornton takes a run a Datsyuk or Lidstrom).

Edit: How great would a Detroit-Vancouver Western Conference Finals be? I've been dreaming about it all year.

Edited by Barrie