• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheWolf

Is the Sharks diving.....

Rate this topic

Actually starting to hurt them? I kept waiting for it last year against the Sharks and it never happened. At some point when you keep diving the refs should become immune to it, or call it. The balance tips back in the favor of the non-diving team as the other team gets penalized for diving, real penalties get ignored, and players take themselves out of the play while they are lying on the ice.

Late in the 3rd last night I kept seeing Sharks players going down, and no one caring. Perhaps this bodes well for the remainder of the series.

What do you think?

It's entirely possible. The thing is, the players take themselves out of the play almost completely unless they have Helm like speed to recover. I keep seeing this guys flop every time a stick is around their feet in hopes of a call but it hasn't happened yet. I was watching the game with one of my roommates who isn't familiar with hockey and he asked me, "isn't there a penalty for flopping like Vladie Divac?"

Either that or a sniper's in the building.

One with a gun, I mean. Not a hockey stick.

When Thorton went down all I could think was Jesus Christ they have a grassy knoll in the Tank.

At times diving can take players out of the play but that only really matters if they dive at absolutely terrible times which doesnt happen too often. I think it's more of an advantage when teams start diving so much that it gets them off their game. Vancouver did it in Round 1 and focused more on that crap than playing their cycle game etc during games 4 and 5 and it cost them. Refs don't hand out too many diving calls so it's not a huge swing. Take the Thornton/Franzen play from last night. No way that should have been a penalty for each. That dive was flat out ridiculous.

I think they should make a rule change that basically states that if Team A slashes Team B and Team B embellishes, then the original penalty on team A is negated. Otherwise there really isn't much downside to diving. When teams start having to kill off diving penalties, it will be removed from the game pretty quickly.

Its mind blowing why these guys are so ready to dive when they get a chance. Hockey is a sport where the players take pride in their toughness by playing through injury, beating each other asses, etc. This diving business just makes these guys look like huge pussys.

I just dont get it...

I think this should probably pull the reins back on everyone's "Thornton sure is a stellar playoff performer" thing now... I mean FFS was that ever a disgrace.

Absolutely love JR's assessment of Marleau this series so far too. "GUTLESS". Yep, pretty much. But let's not wake a talented player, just thought it was quite fitting.

I have lost almost a respect for San Jose. With the snowshowers, the diving, and Clowe running around punching players and the end of two games now. Joe Thornton is the leader of their team and he looked like a complete ******* last night. I wonder what is next? Coach Todd knows this is bulls*** so why dosen't he put a stop to it? If divin' Joe had his ass planted on the bench for a couple of shifts after that it would stop it all in a hurry.

Cheap team, cheapest in the league. I said it before, I'm saying it now.

They had gutless captain, but change it to diving captain...

Not only their captain dives, but before diving he deliberately trips Franzen, very well knowing he has an injured ankle. Luck of respect to your fellow players is what in his blood. And it is hundred times worse than his diving antics.