• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

JR should shut the hell up

Rate this topic

Really? Dom lead the league all season in wins, and broke the record for shutouts in the playoffs in 2002. Luc was definitely not a floating player. Very insulting that you would defame either by suggesting they only won because the Wings carried them to a Cup. Boo. :thumbdown:

As for Marleau, I think his skills have faded, but he was quite a player 10 years ago. JR has a big mouth, and some sort of gripe about Patty. So be it. It often occurs that people like JR get a platform and public forum -- and when they tout their opinions, people believe them.

I am sure Patrick Marleau has a few stories of his own, not necessarily complimentary, about JR.

You completely missed the point of my entire post (or just ignored it and just saw hasek) and missed the hyperbole of my first statement.

Really? Dom lead the league all season in wins, and broke the record for shutouts in the playoffs in 2002. Luc was definitely not a floating player. Very insulting that you would defame either by suggesting they only won because the Wings carried them to a Cup. Boo. :thumbdown:

As for Marleau, I think his skills have faded, but he was quite a player 10 years ago. JR has a big mouth, and some sort of gripe about Patty. So be it. It often occurs that people like JR get a platform and public forum -- and when they tout their opinions, people believe them.

I am sure Patrick Marleau has a few stories of his own, not necessarily complimentary, about JR.

Both were clearly past their prime.

"What if Marleau has the game of his life tomorrow, the San Jose Sharks win the series and they go on and win the Stanley Cup?" he asked."That's what I want to happen. As a loyal Sharks fan, I hope my comments areslammed down my throat and Patrick Marleau plays the best game of his life. Andif he does, I will be the first one to give him kudos."

Well JR I think the Wings as a whole are a bunch of over paid, under achieving pansies who most should have retired or gave up long ago. They wont win this series because their will and determination has obviously left them. And Jimmy Howard, Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg all suck. wink.gif

I'm just hoping he didn't motivate the guy for the Wings' sake.

p.s. also reminds me of his rant about how Babs hates American players and that's why old man Cheli was benched - lol the guy has a mouth!

Marleau should respond with 'JR must have some extra time on hands' lol

Edited by RockyMountainWingGal

p.s. also reminds me of his rant about how Babs hates American players and that's why old man Cheli was benched - lol the guy has a mouth!

Hes like some kind of weak knock-off of Don Cherry...only now its American insecurity, not Canadian... :rolleyes:

And most importantly, he has no charisma, humor, or charm, unlike Cherry.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Marleau got abused by Datsyuk in the third period. If that makes him gutless, then I guess half the NHL is gutless, because Dats has abused a lot of players over the years. I LONG and YEARN for the day Babcock pulls his head out of his ASS and puts Z and D on a line with Darren Helm. They will have to add more cameras when that happens.

And here I was waiting for JR to start that rant again for Modano being a healthy scratch until game 6 :ph34r:

Marleau got abused by Datsyuk in the third period. If that makes him gutless, then I guess half the NHL is gutless, because Dats has abused a lot of players over the years. I LONG and YEARN for the day Babcock pulls his head out of his ASS and puts Z and D on a line with Darren Helm. They will have to add more cameras when that happens.

I was saying that for awhile myself, but then that's kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket. I like it when that happens by accident like during a line change, but they need to spread out the talent. I think those three can do a lot more for the team as our top three centers, than being out there all at once.

I was saying that for awhile myself, but then that's kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket. I like it when that happens by accident like during a line change, but they need to spread out the talent. I think those three can do a lot more for the team as our top three centers, than being out there all at once.

How about on the ODD powerplay?......wouldn't it be fun to see Helm digging it out of the corners or behind the net & feeding it to our two smartest players!!

No kidding.

I wish he said the same thing about Hudler. We could use some motivation there.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Good Call. I think I agree with you.

I'm just sick of seeing Pav and Z get slowed down by Holmstrom and Bertuzzi. Those guys suck so bad 5 on 5, and it pisses me off that Babcock won't put a couple jets up with our skill guys.

I started out not liking him, but hes kind of like the Micky Redmond of Versus. He just says whatever he is thinking and doesn't really care what people think. He might not be the best on camera because he seems to use the wrong words or be a little awkward sometimes, but hes the guy that stands out on the show.

I started out not liking him, but hes kind of like the Micky Redmond of Versus. He just says whatever he is thinking and doesn't really care what people think. He might not be the best on camera because he seems to use the wrong words or be a little awkward sometimes, but hes the guy that stands out on the show.

Exactly how I feel. Sure he hasn't won the Cup so people will pull the credentials card, but give him some credit for speaking his mind; that's why Versus hired him. Some former players may be too much of a class act or complete popularity morons to say anything worthwhile. JR seems to be neither and makes some comments that are entertaining.

Edited by RedLightGoesOn