• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

betterREDthandead

I have a dilemma

Rate this topic

I watched every damn minute of Games 1, 2, and 3 of this series. Assorted conflicts caused me to miss Games 4 and 5 and the best I've been able to do is check the score sometimes and then watch highlights later. For obvious reasons, I'll be staying the hell away from the TV during Game 6, too. I must not bring the whammy back. On the other hand, if something happens during this series that.....would be worth watching, I would hate to miss it. If I DVR the game with the intent to watch it after learning the outcome, is that the same as if I watch it live? I need to tread lightly around the whims of the hockey gods!

No that's exactly what I've been doing! I watched every minute of 1-3. Watched a total of about 4 live minutes of games 4 and 5 and just checked up on the scores. I DVRed them and watched them after the games had ended and so far so good. Go for it! :)

Man, you gotta be sooo careful not to offend the Hockey Gods. This is a dilemma....

I would suggest not watching, dvring the game, but utter the words "I don't intend to use my remote to watch this game on replay" out loud, with your fingers crossed. Then have someone else drive the remote to replay it, while you are in the next room watching through the doorway. That should cover all needed mojo.

I know several people who don't watch games because they think they're bad luck. And as superstitious as I am, I don't think you should go so far as to not watch it. Simply because what's the fun in winning if you can't watch? Don't worry and watch the game, but maybe mix up your pre-game routine or something.

EDIT: Or if you have the capability, DVR it and watch it as soon as the game ends.

Edited by VM1138

If I were superstisious I wouldn't be taking my hockey wife to the game...every time we've won she hasn't been able to watch but there's no way I'm goin without her.

If ya blame it on her you can just suck it!! :). :D

(edit damn I hate iPods spell checker)

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut

I watched every damn minute of Games 1, 2, and 3 of this series. Assorted conflicts caused me to miss Games 4 and 5 and the best I've been able to do is check the score sometimes and then watch highlights later. For obvious reasons, I'll be staying the hell away from the TV during Game 6, too. I must not bring the whammy back. On the other hand, if something happens during this series that.....would be worth watching, I would hate to miss it. If I DVR the game with the intent to watch it after learning the outcome, is that the same as if I watch it live? I need to tread lightly around the whims of the hockey gods!

Boy, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one doing this! I thought it was ME who was jinxing them, but maybe not. Peeking in to check the score from time to time is the only way I'm doing it, so I don't put a hex on them.

If this is what it takes for them to win, I'll keep doing it. As for your dilemma, well, you can only follow your conscience. I put my two cents in for what it's worth.

Do not watch it live.

Do not DVR it.

Do not ask another to DVR it.

The answer is simple. After the outcome of the game has been decided, watched the complete game at Hulu.com. Hulu is an official partner of the NHL and provides great streams. I use it for anime all the time.

No, I have no financial interest of any kind in Hulu, and yes, it's a legit site.