• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
X13WINGS13X

Interesting article on the diving sharks

Rate this topic

I don't see how they don't find it fair to start IMMEDIATELY changing their stance towards diving. I don't see why they need to "start next round" with the punishments, if the problem exist right now you solve it, you don't brush it until "next round." Thats like a serial killer on the loose, you find out who it is, but you delay catching him and putting a stop to his killing spree after your Florida vacation, just doesn't make any sense.

Seems stupid to ramp it up next round when they made it clear they've already warned teams earlier in the playoffs. Kind of like if I tell my son not to hit his sister, then catch him doing it only to tell him I won't enforce it until next week. Either that or it's like the UN passing stupid resolutions letting people know they violated earlier resolutions.

Sweet Jesus that's amazing!

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't take credit for this gem as a good friend of mine posted it on my Facebook today, but I did spend some time laughing at it last night and figured I should share.

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't take credit for this gem as a good friend of mine posted it on my Facebook today, but I did spend some time laughing at it last night and figured I should share.

And that friend of your's can't take credit for it either unless he is kook_10 ;)

They dive, we knew this. What has changed other than adding Joey T to the list of complete crumbpackers???

And that friend of your's can't take credit for it either unless he is kook_10 ;)

They dive, we knew this. What has changed other than adding Joey T to the list of complete crumbpackers???

Haha, oops. Didn't mean to give him credit either. Was just stating he showed it to me.

Regardless, it's hilarious.

I would like to have heard what Franzen said to Thornton when he was lying on the ice like he got shot.

I don't know if you saw Game 6 Canucks-Preds, but Tootoo got called for diving, so hopefully they're going to start calling it now. Despite saying they'll call it next round, San Jose better stay on their feet just to be sure, but the Wings fan in me is saying keep diving.

What I have been noticing is that San Jose is trying to dive, but they aren't leading to calls against the Wings.

Am I wearing Red Wings glasses, or are the Red Wings players NOT diving? I haven't noticed anything from the Wings, but again, I'm not sure because my Red Wings glasses are on. I don't think Lidstrom, Draper, Babs, or Holland would put up with it anyway.

Edit: I was just thinking, the NHL should use Game 6 (and 7 ;) ) of the Wings-Sharks as a message to Vancouver, Boston, and TB, that they'll be calling diving penalties.

Edited by Barrie

I would like to have heard what Franzen said to Thornton when he was lying on the ice like he got shot.

I don't know if you saw Game 6 Canucks-Preds, but Tootoo got called for diving, so hopefully they're going to start calling it now. Despite saying they'll call it next round, San Jose better stay on their feet just to be sure, but the Wings fan in me is saying keep diving.

What I have been noticing is that San Jose is trying to dive, but they aren't leading to calls against the Wings.

Am I wearing Red Wings glasses, or are the Red Wings players NOT diving? I haven't noticed anything from the Wings, but again, I'm not sure because my Red Wings glasses are on. I don't think Lidstrom, Draper, Babs, or Holland would put up with it anyway.

I've seen one bad one by Rafi I believe game 3, he pulled a high sticking penalty. Haven't seen some outrageous ones but we're surely not the innocent group either.

Haven't seen some outrageous ones but we're surely not the innocent group either.

Right. Maybe it's because I'm not watching for it with the Wings. Maybe too since we have all this playoff experience, we're sneaky with our diving :cool: . Also, Maltby's retired, so it's not as noticeable anymore.

Honestly, the Wings don't really dive. They'll embellish high sticks and stuff, but they're too smart to go to the ice without a good reason. They know that if you dive and a call isn't made, suddenly you're out of position. So yeah, they'll throw their head back so the ref knows a stick was near their face, but diving? Not that I've seen.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Dan Boyle - The Head Jerker

Joe Pavelski - Joe Louganis

Joe Thornton - Bullseye Joe

These guys are the most ridiculous embelishers I've ever seen. The Red Wings cannot stay out of the box playing against these guys. They are floppin, droppin, head bobbin, and flailing all over the ice as soon as they hear a skate blade get within 5 feet of them. It's comical and sad at the same time. Would be real easy to stop if the ref just gave the next guy who did it back to back unsportsmanlikes and 20 minutes in the box.