• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 6 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Wow.. and to think that I like so many others thought they were going to mail it in after the game 3 loss. Seems like game 6 was the real turning point for this series. These are the champion Wings we are seeing right now.

Edited by bd2988

Just got home. Hoarse and *deaf*. Who the he'll says the shark tank is the loudest arena in the league. Jeeze I dont think I've ever heard the Joe so loud!

for anyone who wants to watch the replay its on Fox Sports Detroit @ 2 AM.

Damn wish I'd known that I was at the game forgot to record it. I just wanna know if they showed the slash on Howard's helmet on tv (haven't read the thread yet)

However, it'll be easy to suck the life out of that building. They'll be more nervous than anything, same with the Sharks.

Imagine San Jose having to add, blowing a 0-3 series lead to that playoff resume?! Ouch!

That's ok.... It will just be getting even for 1994.

yeah, hell of a game if you ignore that breakaway fail. countless board battles lost (as usual) and pretty much useless.

...hell of a game.

You have to be one of the biggest losers I have ever seen on these boards, and I've been around long enough to have seen plenty. It's like you live in a perfect world and you think all 20 guys dressed should be perfect every night. It's a team game you ****** and that's what allowed us to get back into this series.

Edited by puckbags

Thanks for the link. I had to go take a midterm for a computer engineering class tonight so I did not get to watch. Nice to hear the highlights with the right announcers finally. I came so close to blowing off that test, but I figured I couldn't expect my team to commit to working through whatever unpleasantness was at hand if I was not going to. Maybe it's superstitious, but I don't think I would have added as a fan by flaking out just because I wanted to do the easy thing and stay home to watch like I wanted to... :unsure:

daniels going absolutely bonkers. love it.

had to listen to the game on the radio at work, but still an amazing game. can't wait for game seven.

not to be negative after such a great win, but here's something we've all been talking about put into numbers.

Game 1: 4-minutes for high-sticking, 2:43 of OT

Game 4: 2-minutes for cross-checking, 11:35 of period 3

Game 5: 2-minutes for elbowing, 14:55 of period 3

Game 6: 2-minutes for holding, 13:14 of period 3

This series: -3, 16 PIM, no points

This playoffs: -4, 26 PIM, no points

guess whose stats these are! although, one could make the argument that we've won every game when abdelkader has taken a dumb third-period goal, and lost every one he hasn't (game one obviously being in overtime). so, if we're up by a goal late in the game on thursday, i'd argue we need to send abby out there and slash people until he takes a penalty. guaranteed victory.

On a more sour note, does that idiot who wears Larionov's number play in game 7?

I say no.

Can't afford an untimely penalty in OT which costs us the game. I'm done with him.

I think he'll play. Babcock had him out there after he took the penalty.

So, I woke up this morning and my stomach was aching and in knots. I then got to class and got sick. Now I am home in bed for the day. No idea if it has anything to do with how much of a nervous wreck I was last night, or if it's just pure coincidence, but my god I better be feeling good for game 7 tomorrow night! I'd be willing to suffer this out every damn day if it means a cup win in the end :yowza:

GO WINGS!!

What a game! Im so happy they did it and cant wait for game 7. I hope they dont get over confident as everyone seems to be on the Wings bandwagon right now. They still have some things to do better but that was a very, very well played game.

I just hope Salei is not on the ice if it's close late in the third. What a f*** up he had. All he had to do was put the puck around the boards. He panics and sends it hard around. Abdelkader is another one. He has to get his head on straight. King of the untimely penalty must be ready for game 7. Whether you like him or not he is an important part of this team.

Just an observation : Is Thorton the new Crosby. I mean I haven't even see Crosby ***** as much as Thorton. Plus his cheap shots on Z... Notice he doesn't go after Big Bert and for god sakes he even backed away from Big E. Just hate that guy right now.

What a game! Im so happy they did it and cant wait for game 7. I hope they dont get over confident as everyone seems to be on the Wings bandwagon right now. They still have some things to do better but that was a very, very well played game.

The thing about Game 7's (and this series especially) that scares me is that it's not always the better playing team that wins. It's the one that gets a crazy bounce and scores late in the 3rd to break a scoreless tie, or something like that. The WIngs cannot be overconfident, the Sharks season is on the line now and they should expect them to play the best hockey they are capable of playing. Keep up the speed and pressure, keep the defense tight, and Howard HAS to be on top of his game. Don't let them crowd the net and hope for some crazy redirect. Even Game 6 could have ended 1-0 despite the Wings outplaying the Sharks badly.

Oh...Game 7's...anything can happen.