• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 6 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Couple of points and no quotes, so I hope you follow me:

1. Ceiling fan puncher, don't worry the fan understands, after all it is a fan, right. Am I right?

Ok bad joke aside.

2. It seems as though Abby has taken over Berts bad penalty bug, last year and most of this season, it seemed it was always Bert taking untimely penalties with careless stick or hands. Now Abdelkader.

3. Ken Daniels must have been channeling my screams, my pregnant wife asked me to not scream tonight as she was really tired, so I had to mute myself, Ken took care of that for me.

Although I did manage to step outside, toke, and scream for the Hank goal.

I wasn't wearing a jersey, simply forgot, at the start of the third, I was about to put my Lids Winter Classic on, and said I will throw on my Z and that way he can score the first goal. Well it turned out to be the second of the period, and at first I thought it was just going to be a +1 for being on the ice. BUT NO!! Z with the tip!

4. Howard has been exceptional, I am an optimist by nature and have high hopes and expectations for the former Black Bear (as I root hard for U Mainers), but come on, the rebound control, the positioning, the patience, the glove hand, damn this kid is playing great right now!

5. Dan Cleary gets two of the luckiest goals you ever saw Thurs. All of his bad luck this game, the Hockey gods will reward his effort and his bodily sacrifice to them and he will get 2 bad bounce, of the partition of the glass while Niemi is headed behind the net to play the puck type of goals, you heard right 2!

6. Win or Lose, this is the Red Wings team we all want to see, this is what makes being a Red Wing fan during the regular season so tough. They are going through the motions. Very rarely do we see them play this hard, this focused, and this driven for 60 minutes, until the reach late April and it is a new team.

Was in attendance...

And my freaking lord I can hardly speak today, my ears are still ringing. I am very late into this as I am very late into work today because of it :lol:

I have never had as much fun at a game than this. The rush at the end was simply epic. Hank's will and determination last night was something of true legend. We have the best player in the NHL, and we all know who that beautiful specimen is. Flip shut some people up and got that BIG goal we have been waiting for him to get and Helm getting the icing on the cake was purely the perfect end. Now, for the ***** ass Sharts who can't take getting raped up and down the ice for a solid 60 minutes, you better be ready Thursday night....

Wings won't retaliate, they will just put the puck in the net and carry on their business. Just a one of a kind effort last night boys. KEEP IT THE f*** UP!!!

I just hope Salei is not on the ice if it's close late in the third. What a f*** up he had. All he had to do was put the puck around the boards. He panics and sends it hard around. Abdelkader is another one. He has to get his head on straight. King of the untimely penalty must be ready for game 7. Whether you like him or not he is an important part of this team.

Yeah, Abby can't be benched. He does take stupid penalties are key moments, but he does a lot other things, just ask the Sharks defensemen. His hitting and forechecking would definitely be missed. Babcock should just keep him on the bench in the final 5 minutes.

Just an observation : Is Thorton the new Crosby. I mean I haven't even see Crosby ***** as much as Thorton. Plus his cheap shots on Z... Notice he doesn't go after Big Bert and for god sakes he even backed away from Big E. Just hate that guy right now.

Never really liked Joe Thornton. I always felt he was overrated early in his career and that the media (mostly Canadian media) were pushing him to be the next Lemieux or Gretzky. Now he's a whiny little... not very becoming of a captain. Come to think of it, he reminds me a lot of Lindros when he was in Philly. Big guy, delivers cheap shots, whines when someone hits him back. Winning Game 7 would be great for the Wings, but it will the enjoyment will double knowing that Jumbo Joe lost.

Solid pic...

9566627-large.jpg

Its funny that it went through Demers legs. It was his stick that deflected away Z's sure goal. When that happened, I thought "Oh man, come on hockey gods, don't do this to me!"

And officially take over from Sammy as most hated/most loved in one fell swoop :D

Hudler 's swing this season from "burn him, and then burn the ashes, and then put the ashes in an airtight container" to "OMG WTF HE RULZ!!!" in January/February and then back again when his line wasn't producing earlier this series among the general majority of this board was far greater than anything Sammy ever saw as haters or any kind of "swing" opinion.

Osgood after the end of the first round of the 2009 playoffs is probably the largest swing ever. "Worst goalie ever to play for the Wings" to "Best goalie in the world!!!"

Hudler 's swing this season from "burn him, and then burn the ashes, and then put the ashes in an airtight container" to "OMG WTF HE RULZ!!!" in January/February and then back again when his line wasn't producing earlier this series among the general majority of this board was far greater than anything Sammy ever saw as haters or any kind of "swing" opinion.

Osgood after the end of the first round of the 2009 playoffs is probably the largest swing ever. "Worst goalie ever to play for the Wings" to "Best goalie in the world!!!"

Not a lot of us can have the resolve like you to put up with Hudler's non-physical play, choppy little strides, and indecision with the puck since coming back to the NHL. His stretch he had while playing with Pav and Cleary was what we felt we were getting when we re-signed him. I can't kill anyone for their play last night except another bonehead Abby penalty again in the 3rd. That has to stop.

It just seems like that because you are ultra-sensitive about how other fans perceive him for some reason. There has actually been more of a 'wait and see' attitude regarding him from what I've read over the course of the season and aside from a few small flashes, we're still waiting.

Not a lot of us can have the resolve like you to put up with Hudler's non-physical play, choppy little strides, and indecision with the puck since coming back to the NHL. His stretch he had while playing with Pav and Cleary was what we felt we were getting when we re-signed him. I can't kill anyone for their play last night except another bonehead Abby penalty again in the 3rd. That has to stop.

31 points in 43 games after Christmas. Only 11 of that was with Datsyuk.

It would have been higher, but the time after the HDC line was broken up to try and get Lazybones Franzen going sent Hudler to the fourth line with a 5-6 minute reduction in ice time, despite his excellent play. Way to reward hard work and success, Babs. Hudler isn't scoring at all? Bench him. Hudler is scoring more than anyone on the team? Bench him.

Huds scored 3-9-12 in 17 games between Christmas and Datsyuk's return on Feb 7th (and the assembly of the Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary line). That's about the pace people were expecting from him. He was playing mostly third line, without any consistent linemates during the first part of that stretch. The second part saw mostly Filppula, but he only scored 4 points in the last 7 games compared to 8 in the first 10 games.

People are still mad at him for a slow start. Guess what people? Slow starts happen. If Hudler were to to have said he was injured, would that have made any difference? Franzen's injury at the end of the Phoenix series seems to have given him a pass for poor performance for the entire second half of the regular season.

Kind of obvious in this quote that Babs is ape s*** over Abby and wants him to correct this instead of benching him:

"You gotta decide, are you going to be one of those guys your whole career that takes a penalty at the bad time or are you going to look after it?" Babcock said. "This is a great kid and a good teammate, and he's going to get it looked after."

freep

Edited by HankthaTank

Guest Crymson

No, not at all. You're just very fixated on Hudler, so it seems that way to you. And yes, he has been useless for most of the season, especially given his cap hit and given that he's useless for anything besides scoring in very specific situations. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Edited by Crymson