WCSF Game 6 GDT: Sharks 1 at Red Wings 3

• Please log in to reply
1196 replies to this topic

#1161 CaliWingJuan

CaliWingJuan

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

hey guys im new here and i just want to say that when the wings scored the second goal i was literally running around the house and screaming at the TV! it was one of the most intense games of my life! hope the wings get game 7! Cheers! Posted Image

#1162 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsnZs8_JwmU&feature=feedlik

daniels going absolutely bonkers. love it.

had to listen to the game on the radio at work, but still an amazing game. can't wait for game seven.

not to be negative after such a great win, but here's something we've all been talking about put into numbers.

Game 1: 4-minutes for high-sticking, 2:43 of OT
Game 4: 2-minutes for cross-checking, 11:35 of period 3
Game 5: 2-minutes for elbowing, 14:55 of period 3
Game 6: 2-minutes for holding, 13:14 of period 3
This series: -3, 16 PIM, no points
This playoffs: -4, 26 PIM, no points

guess whose stats these are! although, one could make the argument that we've won every game when abdelkader has taken a dumb third-period goal, and lost every one he hasn't (game one obviously being in overtime). so, if we're up by a goal late in the game on thursday, i'd argue we need to send abby out there and slash people until he takes a penalty. guaranteed victory.

go wings.

#1163 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:00 AM

Reporter - "How special would it be to see the Wings come back from a 3-0 deficit and finish them off?"

Gordie Howe - "Expect it."

:thumbup:

I can't wait for Thursday!

No, it's definitely excitement.

#1164 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

On a more sour note, does that idiot who wears Larionov's number play in game 7?

I say no.

Can't afford an untimely penalty in OT which costs us the game. I'm done with him.

I think he'll play. Babcock had him out there after he took the penalty.

#1165 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

All that extra time off after the Coyotes series so many were worried about? It's paying dividends right now

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1166 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

So, I woke up this morning and my stomach was aching and in knots. I then got to class and got sick. Now I am home in bed for the day. No idea if it has anything to do with how much of a nervous wreck I was last night, or if it's just pure coincidence, but my god I better be feeling good for game 7 tomorrow night! I'd be willing to suffer this out every damn day if it means a cup win in the end :yowza:

GO WINGS!!

#1167 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

Wings score 3 in the 3rd. Bank on it.

:yowza: care to predict game 7?

#1168 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image

He's now part of the Sharks' medical staff.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#1169 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

LOUD NOISES!!! GO WINGS GOOOOOO!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1170 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

What a game. Finish em off Thursday! LGW
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1171 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

:yowza: care to predict game 7?

I know better than to predict a Game 7. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1172 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

What a game! Im so happy they did it and cant wait for game 7. I hope they dont get over confident as everyone seems to be on the Wings bandwagon right now. They still have some things to do better but that was a very, very well played game.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#1173 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

I just hope Salei is not on the ice if it's close late in the third. What a f*** up he had. All he had to do was put the puck around the boards. He panics and sends it hard around. Abdelkader is another one. He has to get his head on straight. King of the untimely penalty must be ready for game 7. Whether you like him or not he is an important part of this team.

Just an observation : Is Thorton the new Crosby. I mean I haven't even see Crosby ***** as much as Thorton. Plus his cheap shots on Z... Notice he doesn't go after Big Bert and for god sakes he even backed away from Big E. Just hate that guy right now.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1174 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

What a game! Im so happy they did it and cant wait for game 7. I hope they dont get over confident as everyone seems to be on the Wings bandwagon right now. They still have some things to do better but that was a very, very well played game.

The thing about Game 7's (and this series especially) that scares me is that it's not always the better playing team that wins. It's the one that gets a crazy bounce and scores late in the 3rd to break a scoreless tie, or something like that. The WIngs cannot be overconfident, the Sharks season is on the line now and they should expect them to play the best hockey they are capable of playing. Keep up the speed and pressure, keep the defense tight, and Howard HAS to be on top of his game. Don't let them crowd the net and hope for some crazy redirect. Even Game 6 could have ended 1-0 despite the Wings outplaying the Sharks badly.

Oh...Game 7's...anything can happen.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1175 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

Well bring on game 7... Great game last night. And Cleary please next time you deke a goalie out that badly put the puck in gapping net rather than hitting the post :hehe:
IPB Image

#1176 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Couple of points and no quotes, so I hope you follow me:

1. Ceiling fan puncher, don't worry the fan understands, after all it is a fan, right. Am I right?
Ok bad joke aside.

2. It seems as though Abby has taken over Berts bad penalty bug, last year and most of this season, it seemed it was always Bert taking untimely penalties with careless stick or hands. Now Abdelkader.

3. Ken Daniels must have been channeling my screams, my pregnant wife asked me to not scream tonight as she was really tired, so I had to mute myself, Ken took care of that for me.
Although I did manage to step outside, toke, and scream for the Hank goal.

I wasn't wearing a jersey, simply forgot, at the start of the third, I was about to put my Lids Winter Classic on, and said I will throw on my Z and that way he can score the first goal. Well it turned out to be the second of the period, and at first I thought it was just going to be a +1 for being on the ice. BUT NO!! Z with the tip!

4. Howard has been exceptional, I am an optimist by nature and have high hopes and expectations for the former Black Bear (as I root hard for U Mainers), but come on, the rebound control, the positioning, the patience, the glove hand, damn this kid is playing great right now!

5. Dan Cleary gets two of the luckiest goals you ever saw Thurs. All of his bad luck this game, the Hockey gods will reward his effort and his bodily sacrifice to them and he will get 2 bad bounce, of the partition of the glass while Niemi is headed behind the net to play the puck type of goals, you heard right 2!

6. Win or Lose, this is the Red Wings team we all want to see, this is what makes being a Red Wing fan during the regular season so tough. They are going through the motions. Very rarely do we see them play this hard, this focused, and this driven for 60 minutes, until the reach late April and it is a new team.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#1177 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

Abdelkader will make up for all of his stupid penalties and score 2 goals.

#1178 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Abdelkader will make up for all of his stupid penalties and score 2 goals.

God I hope so. That might be a start on making up for all the ulcers he's giving Wings fans when he steps on the ice in the 3rd.

#1179 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

Was in attendance...

And my freaking lord I can hardly speak today, my ears are still ringing. I am very late into this as I am very late into work today because of it :lol:

I have never had as much fun at a game than this. The rush at the end was simply epic. Hank's will and determination last night was something of true legend. We have the best player in the NHL, and we all know who that beautiful specimen is. Flip shut some people up and got that BIG goal we have been waiting for him to get and Helm getting the icing on the cake was purely the perfect end. Now, for the ***** ass Sharts who can't take getting raped up and down the ice for a solid 60 minutes, you better be ready Thursday night....

Wings won't retaliate, they will just put the puck in the net and carry on their business. Just a one of a kind effort last night boys. KEEP IT THE f*** UP!!!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#1180 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

God I hope so. That might be a start on making up for all the ulcers he's giving Wings fans when he steps on the ice in the 3rd.

And to be honest I thought he played pretty well. We need him on the ice