• Please log in to reply
1196 replies to this topic

#1181 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

Abdelkader will make up for all of his stupid penalties and score 2 goals.

And officially take over from Sammy as most hated/most loved in one fell swoop :D
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#1182 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

And officially take over from Sammy as most hated/most loved in one fell swoop :D

Abby isn't allowed to overtake Big E.... Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#1183 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Solid pic...

Posted Image

#1184 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

I just hope Salei is not on the ice if it's close late in the third. What a f*** up he had. All he had to do was put the puck around the boards. He panics and sends it hard around. Abdelkader is another one. He has to get his head on straight. King of the untimely penalty must be ready for game 7. Whether you like him or not he is an important part of this team.

Yeah, Abby can't be benched. He does take stupid penalties are key moments, but he does a lot other things, just ask the Sharks defensemen. His hitting and forechecking would definitely be missed. Babcock should just keep him on the bench in the final 5 minutes.

Just an observation : Is Thorton the new Crosby. I mean I haven't even see Crosby ***** as much as Thorton. Plus his cheap shots on Z... Notice he doesn't go after Big Bert and for god sakes he even backed away from Big E. Just hate that guy right now.

Never really liked Joe Thornton. I always felt he was overrated early in his career and that the media (mostly Canadian media) were pushing him to be the next Lemieux or Gretzky. Now he's a whiny little... not very becoming of a captain. Come to think of it, he reminds me a lot of Lindros when he was in Philly. Big guy, delivers cheap shots, whines when someone hits him back. Winning Game 7 would be great for the Wings, but it will the enjoyment will double knowing that Jumbo Joe lost.

Solid pic...

Posted Image

Its funny that it went through Demers legs. It was his stick that deflected away Z's sure goal. When that happened, I thought "Oh man, come on hockey gods, don't do this to me!"

#1185 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hudler 's swing this season from "burn him, and then burn the ashes, and then put the ashes in an airtight container" to "OMG WTF HE RULZ!!!" in January/February and then back again when his line wasn't producing earlier this series among the general majority of this board was far greater than anything Sammy ever saw as haters or any kind of "swing" opinion.

Osgood after the end of the first round of the 2009 playoffs is probably the largest swing ever. "Worst goalie ever to play for the Wings" to "Best goalie in the world!!!"

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#1186 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hudler 's swing this season from "burn him, and then burn the ashes, and then put the ashes in an airtight container" to "OMG WTF HE RULZ!!!" in January/February and then back again when his line wasn't producing earlier this series among the general majority of this board was far greater than anything Sammy ever saw as haters or any kind of "swing" opinion.

Osgood after the end of the first round of the 2009 playoffs is probably the largest swing ever. "Worst goalie ever to play for the Wings" to "Best goalie in the world!!!"

Not a lot of us can have the resolve like you to put up with Hudler's non-physical play, choppy little strides, and indecision with the puck since coming back to the NHL. His stretch he had while playing with Pav and Cleary was what we felt we were getting when we re-signed him. I can't kill anyone for their play last night except another bonehead Abby penalty again in the 3rd. That has to stop.

#1187 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

Where the hell was this Red Wings team for the first three games? This is the kind of hockey we know they can play. 60 more minutes.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1188 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

It just seems like that because you are ultra-sensitive about how other fans perceive him for some reason. There has actually been more of a 'wait and see' attitude regarding him from what I've read over the course of the season and aside from a few small flashes, we're still waiting.

#1189 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Defending the Wings on LetsGoSharks is soooo tiresome....

My link
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1190 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

In case people wanted to get a realistic feel to exiting this game last night...

Meh, doesn't really give the feel, I was hoping I'd see myself running by and high fiving people like I was paid for them in commission or something :lol:

#1191 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Can we tape Abby to the bench late in game 7 if we have a lead?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#1192 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Defending the Wings on LetsGoSharks is soooo tiresome....

My link

LOL. Defending the Wings on LetsGoWings is also tiresome.... :ph34r:

Keep up the work, I didn't even think to attempt venturing into 'shark territory' after this has unfolded.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#1193 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

Not a lot of us can have the resolve like you to put up with Hudler's non-physical play, choppy little strides, and indecision with the puck since coming back to the NHL. His stretch he had while playing with Pav and Cleary was what we felt we were getting when we re-signed him. I can't kill anyone for their play last night except another bonehead Abby penalty again in the 3rd. That has to stop.

31 points in 43 games after Christmas. Only 11 of that was with Datsyuk.

It would have been higher, but the time after the HDC line was broken up to try and get Lazybones Franzen going sent Hudler to the fourth line with a 5-6 minute reduction in ice time, despite his excellent play. Way to reward hard work and success, Babs. Hudler isn't scoring at all? Bench him. Hudler is scoring more than anyone on the team? Bench him.

Huds scored 3-9-12 in 17 games between Christmas and Datsyuk's return on Feb 7th (and the assembly of the Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary line). That's about the pace people were expecting from him. He was playing mostly third line, without any consistent linemates during the first part of that stretch. The second part saw mostly Filppula, but he only scored 4 points in the last 7 games compared to 8 in the first 10 games.

People are still mad at him for a slow start. Guess what people? Slow starts happen. If Hudler were to to have said he was injured, would that have made any difference? Franzen's injury at the end of the Phoenix series seems to have given him a pass for poor performance for the entire second half of the regular season.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#1194 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Kind of obvious in this quote that Babs is ape s*** over Abby and wants him to correct this instead of benching him:

"You gotta decide, are you going to be one of those guys your whole career that takes a penalty at the bad time or are you going to look after it?" Babcock said. "This is a great kid and a good teammate, and he's going to get it looked after."

freep

Edited by HankthaTank, 11 May 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#1195 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

[font="Book Antiqua"]Hudler 's swing this season from "burn him, and then burn the ashes, and then put the ashes in an airtight container" to "OMG WTF HE RULZ!!!" in January/February and then back again when his line wasn't producing earlier this series among the general majority of this board was far greater than anything Sammy ever saw as haters or any kind of "swing" opinion.

No, not at all. You're just very fixated on Hudler, so it seems that way to you. And yes, he has been useless for most of the season, especially given his cap hit and given that he's useless for anything besides scoring in very specific situations. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Edited by Crymson, 11 May 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#1196 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

SuperHudler, if you score the game winner tomorrow, I will vote for you for mayor.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#1197 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

SuperHudler, if you score the game winner tomorrow, I will vote for you for mayor.

Make that two votes!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock