• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cali-Wing-Nut

A prayer for our team

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

good call

we would need divine intervention to keep abdelkader from taking another dumb 3rd period penalty

I knew you would say something like that! You know, have you ever heard of unanswered prayers being a great gift? Things don't always go as you plan them. And the whole point of this thread was to inspire with words of encouragement not say "We're going to win because I asked God for a victory." Why some people have to go digging for a fight I'll never understand. I for one am very proud of this teams and look forward to next season. Angel or not.

Guest stinky fish taco

Where are your angels now.

hahahahahahaha

great post

+1

I knew you would say something like that! You know, have you ever heard of unanswered prayers being a great gift? Things don't always go as you plan them. And the whole point of this thread was to inspire with words of encouragement not say "We're going to win because I asked God for a victory." Why some people have to go digging for a fight I'll never understand. I for one am very proud of this teams and look forward to next season. Angel or not.

I'm just pointing out how dumb it is to think that 'god' has any interest is sports. So god sent his angels to make the sharks win the first three games, then he's on our side for the next 3 games and then he finally decided he wants the Sharks to win? I'm not digging for a fight, I didn't make a thread called "religion is stupid!". Cali-Wing-Nut posted a thread in a discussion forum. There is no rule that there can't be dissenting opinions in threads created. Like I said, if you don't want your opinions or beliefs challenged, don't post them. Religion is no different.

Cali-Wing-Nut said that god is the reason we won 3 games. I prefer to give credit where it is actually due, the playing sweating and risking their bodies on the ice instead of some magical guy in the sky who cares about who wins the Stanley Cup but doesn't care about thousands of starving kids in Africa or 6 million Jews dieing in Germany.

Wow. Come on, man. Was that really necessary?

lol, is what necessary? The truth? Yes, it always is.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I believe god gave us the strength to fight on and yes I believe angles were there.

I still thank god for what happened. I got 7 games out of Nick instead of 4 and thats good enough for me.

Hate to see how the rest of your life is though . Probably a bitter hateful person. I bet you tal to yourself about how idiotic people are and tell yourself how smart you are.

I may be dumb and maybe Im not but Belief gives people a will to keep going.

Faith that theres a reason for what your doing goes a long way.

Obviously god was with all the players. Look at Clowe. He was demolished and came back in Game 7. Look at Bucky, hes a blessed man to score the way he does.

I dont think God picks sides but I think God picks people that believe.

Hope you feel justified that we lost just so you think you can rub in something to my face that is hardly gonna bother me or any other true believer.

I believed and I got what I asked for. You got nothing but being upset.

Guest stinky fish taco

there is no way you actually believe that stuff

i mean come on

I'm just pointing out how dumb it is to think that 'god' has any interest is sports. So god sent his angels to make the sharks win the first three games, then he's on our side for the next 3 games and then he finally decided he wants the Sharks to win? I'm not digging for a fight, I didn't make a thread called "religion is stupid!". Cali-Wing-Nut posted a thread in a discussion forum. There is no rule that there can't be dissenting opinions in threads created. Like I said, if you don't want your opinions or beliefs challenged, don't post them. Religion is no different.

Cali-Wing-Nut said that god is the reason we won 3 games. I prefer to give credit where it is actually due, the playing sweating and risking their bodies on the ice instead of some magical guy in the sky who cares about who wins the Stanley Cup but doesn't care about thousands of starving kids in Africa or 6 million Jews dieing in Germany.

You know you're right. God doesn't care about sports, but he does care about the people who care about them. And how do you know God wasn't the reason we won three games? Bear with me here. Let's say (just pretend, I'm not speaking for anyone) some of the players believe in God. They go to Him in prayer, in a time of need, and it comforts them and gives them hope. Say they take that confidence with them into the game. They win. Now, indirectly God would have been responsible for the win. Did he make the puck magically go in the net? No, of course not. But the effect He had on the players may have given them strength to win. Belief is a strong thing, not just belief in God, but belief in anything, say a hockey team(1998 "Believe" ring a bell?).

And as far as God caring more about hockey than starvation in Africa or mass genocide, you have to remember that with good in the world there also comes bad. Maybe people are helping 3rd world countries with charities and relief efforts and such, but there might be some corruption where the money goes somewhere else rather than where it's needed. Hitler, he was an evil dude, but he had free will. Free will to choose to do evil or do good. And as long as there are people who choose evil as opposed to good, evil things will continue to happen.

there is no way you actually believe that stuff

i mean come on

Why Not?

Ive lived though a few things that I can assure you that you havent. At that time I was an atheist.

Laying in a hospital bed with people and drs telling me what I survived was a miracle got my attention.

When I was told I may not live though a second 8 hr surgery after being stabilized from the first 9 hr session, I still didnt give God a thought.

When I woke up and was told that I required 9 units of blood and my blood pressure dropped to 0 three times as well as needing a defibulator I started to believe.

When I was told I wouldnt walk, I prayed.

I walked the next day.

When I was told that I would never regain any real use of my legs, I prayed again

I walked without a walker.

So ask me agin why I really believe that stuff. How bout asking me why I shouldnt?

My Doctors thought I would die and I didnt, Thought I wouldnt Walk and I did. Thought I would be reliant on a wheelchair and they were wrong.

Those Uber smart Surgeons never said to talk to God

Then I met my Orthopedic Surgeon.

He found problem that kept me in pain, and fixed them.

He allowed me to walk without a limp.

He made me a regular person.

Guess What?

He happened to pray with me before every surgery..

He believed and so did I.

Other Drs said I was done, that I was a s good as I could be and that it was a miracle I was still alive let alone walking.

He said "My hands work through God and he helps me help other people."

I also watched the Wings win in 2008 when this happened when I was in a hospital bed with Drs telling me there was no hope.

So how bout you convince me why not to believe. I see no reason not to

^ So god loves you more than all the other people who surely DID die or were never able to walk about after going through what you went through?

Sorry, I can't help myself. :(

GOD LOVES EVERYONE.

nuff said

I was asked why I BELIEVE, so I answered.

If you dont then you dont. Theres more to life than Hockey. I pray that our Men fighting have God on their side. I pray that people without jobs find one. I pray that life was easier for alot of families. I also prayed that the guys Im rooting for have God behind them win or lose.

You have a reason not to believe in god? Is it so profound that I should change my mind?

HIGHLY DOUBT IT