Mo, may your dreams be fulfilled

Z, find a way, any way

Ericsson, find the wisdom to suceed

Kron, Hit, hit hard and hit with righteousness

Raffy, may you see through adversity and see us to victory

Salei, may you find the right shot at the right time

Stewie, may you risk body for soul

AND TO HOWIE ,

May you fight tooth and nail for the win you deserve. You have been blessed with a gift, may that gift bring joy to some but not all.

Finally....

To our Captain, Nick Lidstrom

May you show us the way, may you find the way when there is no way out. May you lead us to triumph and may you lift us to victory.

I pray for you all and may you be blessed by god.

Amen

Aw!! That was really sweet! ^_^ Amen.

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Phil. 4:13

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

"my sig" :P

Guest stinky fish taco

Give thanks, we were blessed

Angels were on the ice tonight, if this isnt a miracle I dont know what is

what's hilarious is that there are probably people that believe this

what's hilarious is that there are probably people that believe this

Guess you just have to ask the Sharks if our miraculous comeback is hilarious.

I believe something happened beyond the players. Maybe ask yourself why when people make it out of impossible situations they say, "thank god"? I bet youve said it a few times yourself and didnt even notice it.

Were they good? Yeah. Were they lucky? Yes. Has this been an absolute miracle of a comeback? With out a doubt and I believe there was help.

I politely ask though that for this thread maybe not make fun of peoples religious beliefs. Its petty at the very least and serves nothing other than to be sarcastic and spiteful.

so, when probert died and went to heaven, he walked into the pearly gates and asked saint pete where the hockey was at.

when he got there, he saw a #5 red wings jersey, he said "oh my! i didnt know lidstrom died!"

saint Pete laughed and said, "Oh, that's just God, he likes to pretend he's Lidstrom."

so, when probert died and went to heaven, he walked into the pearly gates and asked saint pete where the hockey was at.

when he got there, he saw a #5 red wings jersey, he said "oh my! i didnt know lidstrom died!"

saint Pete laughed and said, "Oh, that's just God, he likes to pretend he's Lidstrom."

Fishy,

You didnt see my prayer every game regarless if we won or lost cause it was on a different forum.

Its sad but maybe we dont pray for every horrible thing to be made righ in the world. Then again why is it bad to pray for people you want to do well?

Just cause you hate god doesnt mean we cant have our time around the flagpole.

Point out what you see as hypocrisy if you want but its bad taste.

BTW Sharks HFboards have a multi page Repent thread so maybe they believe even if most are doing it completely tongue in cheek.

I ask again though that you find it within your self to let us pray without you making an atheist round about in the thread.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

I believe something happened beyond the players. Maybe ask yourself why when people make it out of impossible situations they say, "thank god"? I bet youve said it a few times yourself and didnt even notice it.

Were they good? Yeah. Were they lucky? Yes. Has this been an absolute miracle of a comeback? With out a doubt and I believe there was help.

Why would 'god' want the Wings to win more than the Sharks?

I politely ask though that for this thread maybe not make fun of peoples religious beliefs. Its petty at the very least and serves nothing other than to be sarcastic and spiteful.

If you don't want people critiquing your beliefs, don't post them. This is a hockey forum, not a fairy tale forum. I don't like seeing your beliefs as much as you don't like seeing mine or stinky fish taco's.

If you don't want people critiquing your beliefs, don't post them. This is a hockey forum, not a fairy tale forum. I don't like seeing your beliefs as much as you don't like seeing mine or stinky fish taco's.

"Critiquing" and calling it a fairy tale are two separate things

If you dont like what I say then dont read it. You knew it was a prayer from the first word. Putting down people that are rooting for the same team (well I assume youre rooting for the Wings) is mind boggling.

If you dont like the thought of a higher power then you were just like me. Ive just come to see that life cant be so coincidental.

Seriously though is it uncouth to not question but completely trivialize someones beliefs?

I will go out on a limb and say that most if not all teams hockey or not gather for a prayer before the game.

I will promise that Ill stay out of the argument if you say god had no bearing on any game or anything else in a different thread. I posted a prayer for people to whom I believe could help. Suprisingly it seems to be working and if we dont win they still did the impossible.

More or less when it comes to this, its not a matter if you can say something rude or degrading but also the choice NOT TO.

Im asking politely. I wont yell or fight about this just kindly ask. If not then so be it but thats too bad.

But Ill pray for you to be unbelievable happy when you see the team your rooting for win, :lol:

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

I feel like a thread that was meant to give hope for our amazing hockey team is being turned into a religious debate. If you don't like that it is about prayer, then don't post anything. If the fact that it's a prayer bothers you, pretend it's a best wishes or good luck post. It gives fans hope and faith in their teams ability, why mess with a good thing?

Edited by wingnut40

This is a hockey forum, not a fairy tale forum

When you say something like this, doesn't it defeat your agrument about critiquing your own beliefs? I'm not taking a side here, just making an observation.........

I feel like a thread that was meant to give hope for our amazing hockey team is being turned into a religious debate. If you don't like that it is about prayer, then don't post anything. If the fact that it's a prayer bothers you, pretend it's a best wishes or good luck post. It gives fans hope and faith in their teams ability, why mess with a good thing?

Dont let this worry you. Its what you believe that matters. No reason to argue.

I believe, You believe, WE BELIEVE

LETS GO WINGS!!!!

But Ill pray for you to be unbelievable happy when you see the team your rooting for win, :lol:

Yeah, because it's impossible to be happy when you don't believe in god. :rolleyes:

Case. Point. What you obviously can't comprehend is how rude I find THAT.

Edited by Z and D for the C