• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wow... Ryan Clowe will not play in Game 6

Rate this topic

Clowe bounced right back up after that hit and played the entire game. It's kind of hard to believe he has a concussion. However, He Who Shall Not Be Named played, what, a couple of games after allegedly getting a concussion? Tough call. It may not be a concussion, but I'm not buying the "flu-like symptoms." That's a smoke screen for sure.

Finishing a game when hurt is not the least bit surprising.

Seabrook did it this year, Crosby, Mule, the list goes on and on.

Perfectly normal to battle through the rest of the game and then when you take the pads off discover something isn't right.

No flu here, he's suffering from a Kroncussion.

I kinda highly doubt they would simply bench their leading scorer in a pivotal playoff game on the road.

He is out because of the Kronwall hit, plain and simple. "Flu like symptoms"

A coach might if he has been under-performing and is liable to sit in the box on more than one occasion. I don't buy concussion, or flu-symptoms. It must be something else.

There is a nasty flu going around SJ right now. I went to bed with oncoming symptoms, and woke up in the middle of the night, full on, pain in the bone, shaking, hot-cold, with a nasty cough and chest congestion. The fact that Clowe didn't even make the trip sounds like quarantine to me.

There is a nasty flu going around SJ right now. I went to bed with oncoming symptoms, and woke up in the middle of the night, full on, pain in the bone, shaking, hot-cold, with a nasty cough and chest congestion. The fact that Clowe didn't even make the trip sounds like quarantine to me.

Seems odd. I'd think they would have another plane on standby to send him here and just send him separately and see how he is doing for the pre-game skate.... This is all speculation from everyone but I also don't buy they can't bring him by himself either.

Edited by HankthaTank

Of course I never wish injuries upon anyone, even hated rivals...

But I can think of few other instances where someone DESERVED this more than Clowe.

He instigates a fight in the last seconds of game 4, takes several cheap sucker punches at Abby while the linesman holds Abby in place

I realize that's the way people see it around here, but I want to suggest something to you: perhaps Abby was a willing participant in that fight. Perhaps the reason Clowe wasn't given an instigator was because Abby was up for the fight. That makes more sense to me - they're both big guys and game to throw down. Keep in mind that after the face-off, the camera cut away following the puck. Before the face-off, the two were jousting a bit and then leaned back away from each other, which is usually the way fights start - one guy says "let's go" and the other says "you got it," then they give themselves some room to swing.

. THEN he has the stupidity to come out and say "I wish it was against Kronwall". Looks like you got more than you bargained for. :lol:

I doubt that hit is what put him out. He got up and played the whole game after that just fine and didn't miss a shift. Big hit no doubt, and I'm sure he's going to look around to see if Kronwall's on the ice going forward, but they're both physical hockey players, and that's something he's got to expect every game. But that's probably not what put him out.

Of course we don't know.

As far as him calling Kronwall out... whatever. I'm sure he's pissed that Kronwall's gotten the better of him a couple of times. He should be. I'm sure he'd love to get in a fight with Kronwall, and would probably come out the better of the two, but Kronwall's not going to take the bait like Abby did, so Clowe's going to continue being frustrated. That's probably why Babcock's putting him out against Clowe as much as he can.

I doubt that hit is what put him out. He got up and played the whole game after that just fine and didn't miss a shift.

I also feel like this has nothing to do with it as players have come back and played after being concussed and not diagnosed. He popped right up but he wouldn't be the first to ever do that either.

A coach might if he has been under-performing and is liable to sit in the box on more than one occasion. I don't buy concussion, or flu-symptoms. It must be something else.

But like I said... he isn't underperforming at all... he is their leading scorer. This is the playoffs, you simply do NOT bench your leading scorer for taking one or two penalties.

Watching the video, it looks more like a sore shoulder to me.

More like a sore ******...

I realize that's the way people see it around here, but I want to suggest something to you: perhaps Abby was a willing participant in that fight. Perhaps the reason Clowe wasn't given an instigator was because Abby was up for the fight. That makes more sense to me - they're both big guys and game to throw down. Keep in mind that after the face-off, the camera cut away following the puck. Before the face-off, the two were jousting a bit and then leaned back away from each other, which is usually the way fights start - one guy says "let's go" and the other says "you got it," then they give themselves some room to swing.

Nope, pretty much clowe just going after Abby. Abby was just standing his ground and Clowe dropped em and started throwing. Watch for yourself, apparently from an angle you didn't see...

Edited by rrasco

Wow, huge and surprisingly loss for the Sharks. He's been a PITA the whole series. I don't think the loss of Franzen makes this a wash either. Franzen has clearly been hobbled this entire series. Not to mention we're replacing him with Mike Modano. Who will the Sharks dress in his place?

But like I said... he isn't underperforming at all... he is their leading scorer. This is the playoffs, you simply do NOT bench your leading scorer for taking one or two penalties.

QFT

Also they only roll 3 lines, it would be easier to not scratch him and just have him sit while a 4th liner plays in his stead, that way if you go down you can still put him in.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun Just chatted with Sharks coach Todd McLellan who confirmed Ryane Clowe is out for tonight with upper body injury

Flu my butt. Hope "upper body" doesn't mean "head."

EDIT:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun McLellan said Clowe injury had ``nothing to do with the hit Kronwall laid on him.''

Ah, and there's my answer. Ok, now I can just sit back and be happy he's not playing.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Why does everyone seem offended that it could have been the Kronwall hit? :lol:

FFS people... "BUT HE POPPED UP!" scared.gif

It is a huge game and in a huge series, it still had the force to stop his momentum completely and drive him right back down. Adrenaline was pumping but later on I am sure this finally caught up to him.

Hell ya it did. Players hide injuries, especially concussions, because they know they will be out. Not to mention sometimes you just don't know realize it until later. Cleary finished the game earlier this year after Stuart broke his foot on a shot, Datsyuk finished the game with a broken wrist, etc....Different injuries but it shows the will these guys have to finish what they started.

Why does everyone seem offended that it could have been the Kronwall hit? :lol:

FFS people... "BUT HE POPPED UP!" scared.gif

It is a huge game and in a huge series, it still had the force to stop his momentum completely and drive him right back down. Adrenaline was pumping but later on I am sure this finally caught up to him.

Yeah, not everyone will get a concussion and lay down on the ice forever like Crosby did. Not saying he has a concussion but it is a possibility that he got checked for one after the game and said he couldn't play.

Flu my butt. Hope "upper body" doesn't mean "head."

EDIT:

Ah, and there's my answer. Ok, now I can just sit back and be happy he's not playing.

Oops, not so fast. According David Pollak, McLellan said it was an upper body injury, which happened on the ice last game, but had nothing to do with Kron's hit.

Oops, not so fast. According David Pollak, McLellan said it was an upper body injury, which happened on the ice last game, but had nothing to do with Kron's hit.

Well, true, it still could've been his head, just not from being Kronwalled. In that case, I'll keep holding out for a shoulder injury or something. I am dang tired of all these concussions...I wouldn't have even wished one on You-Know-Who.