• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

As far as Clowe's injury goes, I'd guess it's probably something like a separated shoulder. You don't get a concussion from a big hit, you get it from hitting your head, which it doesn't look like he did. The guy plays a physical game.

Incorrect. Concussions are caused by the brain shifting and as a result bruising of the brain. Sudden unnatural head stops/jars/shocks (due to hits to the body, car accidents, etc...) where the body's natural mechanism to adjust and counteract the main vertebrae/spine/neck are causes of concussions as well. In fact, earlier medicine (pre 1990's) used to term a lot of these such injuries as "whip lash". The medical community focused on treating the neck area of these "whip lash" cases due to the simptoms being severe headaches stemming from the lower/back lobe of the brain. Medicine has developed since that many these injuries were in fact concussions and treating the neck area was of little or no benefit (except if you wanted to wear the neck brace into a court room to win judgement in your favor). Furthermore, I have a relative who suffered a minor concussion from running into the boards (outdoor boards that had no glass and you could actually bend yourself over the top of the boards) at full speed while playing roller hockey. His head wasn't touched (one fractured knee cap and broken wrist), but the speed and jar of his body coming to such an abrupt halt due to his lower body impacting the boards at high velocity was the cause.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#62 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

My housemate called him a "Five-star Chicken"

Maybe this is one Shark who's developed a new brand of "Chicken of the Sea"... :dunno:

Me, I like the new strain of flu.
Posted Image

#63 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

I dont think its any secret this is a direct result of the hit, no matter what they say. Anybody who has ever had a concussion knows that the headaches, vomitting, and dizzyness usually comes a few hours after the hit, after the adrenaline is gone. Only a severe concussion would have an immediate effect.

You know these coaches lie out of their ass during the playoffs, look at Babs and Kenny for example...
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#64 grwingfan

grwingfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

NK55 strain of the flu

I see what you did there!!!! HAHA

#65 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

You obviously don't understand how interviews go...

Random reporter: "So... Clowe didn't travel, will he be here to play tonight?"
Coach: "No. Didn't make the trip, out for game, upper body"
Random Wings Reporter: "Is this a result of the giant hit Kronwall made in the middle of last game?"
Coach:
"No."

No actually, I read the actual interview where his exact words were "The injury had absolutely nothing to do with the Kronwall hit"

So I actually DO understand how interviews go, thanks.
Posted Image

#66 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

Lesson here Mr. Clowe? Be careful what you wish for

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#67 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

NK55 strain of the flu

Okay, we have a winner here! :clap:

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#68 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Will he be back for Game Seven on Thursday?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#69 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

Will he be back for Game Seven on Thursday?

That depends on how long this particular strain of "flu" hangs around. Sidney Crosby has had the flu since last winter. I'm not a doctor though I play one on the internets, and I'd say this flu treatment requires lots of quiet room time.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#70 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Still would trade a lot to get Clowe on this team. Franzen and a first plus a prospect even if I had to depending on which prospect it is.

Even though he got laid out by Kronwall he is still tougher than any red wing (and a lot of fighters in the league), tied for the playoff lead in scoring and will stand up for his teammates. Hes everything I wish Franzen was :(

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#71 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Good news for Detroit.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#72 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Still would trade a lot to get Clowe on this team. Franzen and a first plus a prospect even if I had to depending on which prospect it is.

Even though he got laid out by Kronwall he is still tougher than any red wing (and a lot of fighters in the league), tied for the playoff lead in scoring and will stand up for his teammates. Hes everything I wish Franzen was :(

Agreed big time. But that's why this news is so wonderful, he wont be playing tonight, giving the Wings a huge edge in physical play and depth. :yowza:

#NOMOREKINDL

#73 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

So is this the same flu that Vancouver had when they were playing like s***? Or is this a new special strain of 'We're playing like s*** so it must be the flu' flu?

#74 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

Clowe wasn't really doing much anyways.

#75 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

I hope their entire team doesn't get a serous flu or anything.

;)
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#76 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

Haha yeah besides being tied for the lead in points for the playoffs and being a physical force.

Im hoping what you said was sarcasm but its hard to tell on a computer

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#77 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

I'm not sure if you're serious here.

Ryan Clowe:
2 assist game 2
3 assist game 4
1 assist game 5

Sharks total:
14 goals.
~42.8% Clowe has assisted on

He's been a big part of their game this series and is their top point producer and leading in assist in this post-season.

Edited by evilzyme, 10 May 2011 - 06:08 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#78 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

I'm not sure if you're serious here.

Ryan Clowe:
2 assist game 2
3 assist game 4
1 assist game 5

Sharks total:
14 goals.
~42.8% Clowe has assisted on

He's been a big part of their game this series and is their top point producer and leading in assist in this post-season.

Oops! I didn't notice him all that much. Guess he has been playing tough against us. I was being serious, but I should have been being facetious!

#79 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

I realize that's the way people see it around here, but I want to suggest something to you: perhaps Abby was a willing participant in that fight. Perhaps the reason Clowe wasn't given an instigator was because Abby was up for the fight. That makes more sense to me - they're both big guys and game to throw down. Keep in mind that after the face-off, the camera cut away following the puck. Before the face-off, the two were jousting a bit and then leaned back away from each other, which is usually the way fights start - one guy says "let's go" and the other says "you got it," then they give themselves some room to swing.

I'm not sure exactly how much time was left in the game, but i'm pretty sure there wasn't much left. Anyways, it would be stupid for Abdelkader to have agreed to fight there to give SJ any kind of momentum after having a game stolen from them. If you don't believe that can happen you only need to look to Game 6 of last year's first round vs the coyotes

#80 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

Haha "It's the Kronwalled virus"
Posted Image