• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Wings Have A GREAT Chance To Win Tonight...

Rate this topic

1. Nick Lidstrom is playing some of his best playoff hockey

1a. Jimmy Howard

2. The Likes of Lidstrom, Draper and Holmstrom are 4 time Stanley Cup Champs and WILL NOT bow out without giving 200%

3. The Sharks don't seem to have an answer for Helm

4. Jiri Hudler is NOT playing (:lol: sorry had to sneak that one in!)

5. Mike Modano has something to prove and will give his all

6. Franzen is sitting, he is no good to us at 20%

7. We have the best coach in the NHL

8. No Ryan Clowe

9. Joe Thornton, he embarrassed himself, his team and the league by what he did, the Dive Team is now on the Radar of the NHL!

10. Pavel Datsyuk is tied for second in scoring with Ryan Clowe, who did I mention, is OUT. And with Kesler idle, Pav more than likely will be leading the league after game 7.

11. Henrik gets better and better every game he plays.

12. It appears the Nick Kronwall that we all know and love is back, scoring goals and taking heads off.

13. CONFIDENCE, CONFIDENCE, CONFIDENCE

14. EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCE

15. They are the Detroit Red Wings, it's what they do!

They can't win every year, but this team has been the Benchmark of the NHL since 1990-91 and we as fans are privileged to have been a part of this roller coaster ride!

Edited by LeftWinger

2. The Likes of Lidstrom, Draper and Holmstrom are 4 time Stanley Cup Champs and WILL NOT bow out without giving 200%

4. Jiri Hudler is NOT playing (:lol: sorry and to sneak that one in!)

8. No Ryan Clowe

9. Joe Thornton, he embarrassed himself, his team and the league by what he did, the Dive Team is now on the Radar of the NHL!

10. Pavel Datsyuk is tied for second in scoring with Ryan Clowe, who did I mention, is OUT. And with Kesler idle, Pav more than likely will be leading the league after game 7.

12. It appears the Nick Kronwall that we all know and love is back, scoring goals and taking heads off.

They can't win every year, but this team has been the Benchmark of the NHL since 1990-91 and we as fans are privileged to have been a part of this roller coaster ride!

I would normally dog you on #4 for your Hudler obsession but I saw this coming a mile away and even then I knew it was going to give me a chuckle. :D

Great response thread, hehe.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Wo0o0o0o0owwweeeeeee homer slappy syndrome is addicting!!!!

chug.gifchug.gifchug.gif some smoke it, I drink my happiness!!! ;)

Confidence is really key and experience can't be stressed anymore than I can say here. Keep the focus and DRIVE THE NET!!!!!!

Niemi needs to be shaken very early. I expect to see an epic crowd the Joe hasn't seen in some time.

Let's no get too cocky now, we are still one goal away from being eliminated and then everything we have worked for until now would be for nothing. The sharks are still a very dangerous team I hope the Red Wings don't forget this. We need to play with confidence but not lose touch of our opponent and the situation we are in.

Look out, don't everyone be irrational at once now, some people can't handle that around here....

If you still believe, good you for you, I'll buy you a beer any day. The rest of you, well, go root the the Pens or something.

Let's no get too cocky now, we are still one goal away from being eliminated and then everything we have worked for until now would be for nothing. The sharks are still a very dangerous team I hope the Red Wings don't forget this. We need to play with confidence but not lose touch of our opponent and the situation we are in.

Not cocky, just stating truths. Notice I didn't say Wings WILL win, unlike the other guy who said WILL LOSE. He could've titled, Some Reasons Wings COULD lose and I don't think he would've gotten so much crap. We all know our defense is suspect, we all know McCrimmon has to go, we all know Lids, Homer and Drapes are old, but to most of us (and the rest of the hockey world) the positives outweigh the negatives. If our D sucked AND Jimmy was playing like s***, then I'd be a little worried. But that isn't the case. Even if the Wings don't win this series or the Cup this year, we ALL know, they will be back and better next year, just like they were every year prior to winning the Cup (sans 1997/98 repeat.) 01? First round loss, 02? Cup....07? Lose to Ducks in semi's, 08? Cup. This team is NOT on the downfall, they are on an upswing, if they don't win it this year, they are a couple of players away from doing so soon, VERY soon!

San Jose started to unravel in game 4. They eked out wins in game 1 and 3 in OT, despite outplaying the Wings. Then when they couldn't get the job done in game 4, they resorted to gooning it up a bit, which never works with the Red Wings. Then their Powerplay went flat in game 5, (or did Wings kill get better?) The pressure is on Sharks, they DO NOT want a game 7, not with the Wings experience...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Agreed. Scoring Clutch Goals.

1a. Jimmy Howard

Can't argue with 2-3 goals a game for GAA. Only a few bad ones, but mostly clutch.

Every player is going to play hard tonight. Experience won't affect effort level.

Who Does?!!!

4. Jiri Hudler is NOT playing (:lol: sorry had to sneak that one in!)

Yah, he's not good against bigger opponents.

Every player will give their "all" tonight.

Agreed.

Not even close. Babcock has been outcoached by his pupil 2 years in a row, and a young Penguins coach 3 years ago. Babcock has shown that he is NOT an elite coach.

8. No Ryan Clowe

Hasn't done much anyway.

Agreed. Bullseye Joe is now ahead of Joe Louganis (Pavelski) and Dan Boyle, the head jerker in lame-ness!

Pavs is a witch. Nuff said.

Agreed. He looks like he has his wheels back.

Babs pushed the defense up in the third last game. Not a good sign that he had to do that. Hopefully, we don't see much d-man scoring tonight cause the FORWARDS are potting the goals and giving us 2 goal leads like they're supposed to.

Doesn't matter. Goals vs. Goals against matters.

Doesn't matter. Goals vs. Goals against matters.

We do have a pretty sweet team to watch. Stoked they sacked up in game 5 and pushed it back to Detroit.

They should have won more often than they did. Car Crashes, bad hearts, injuries, etc etc etc. The Wings are the flagship organization in the NHL. No doubt.