• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thegreat66

Finish these fuckers off

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

This is the best game I've seen in years. Easily. Facing elimination made it that much sweeter.

I'm rather surprised that the title of this thread survived our fearless and intrepid leader (and I mean that KINDLY, Matt!).

All I can think right at this moment is something Pasha said once..."I believe because I can."

Guest Grayne Wetzky

This is the second best game I've ever watched.

The first was two nights ago.

Game 7 - Wings/Blues 1996. Get a hold of that tape if you can. EPIC.

It's fans like the OP who make it difficult to straight-up hate some of the more hateable teams in this league. Like many people (including our fearless leader), I am fully in agreement with this thread, thread title, and the general atmosphere that seems to be ruminating from the thread's contributors.

There is no reason to believe that this team cannot do anything within the realm of the possible.

Games 6 and 7 - Wings/Avs 2002

That game seven against the Blues was indescribable. I'm not sure how I would even try to relate the total freakout I engaged in when Stevie scored that goal. But, right now I am hoping this is the game six leading to the game seven that followed against the 'lanche in '02... I actually missed seeing game seven and was stuck with listening on the radio, because I was in Denver helping a friend move away from there that day. I did get to wander around Denver that night to see all their fans stumbling around, dazed. Beer never tasted so good...

I'll let it slide. I don't mind everyone getting a little crazy with the multi-threads -- this series has been legendary.

I applaud you sir clap.gif literally!

And... to be honest with you, this series has one more game to play, but what a freaking spectacular effort. The Filppula goal literally almost tore the roof down of the Joe. The pi was flying, the hugs were abundant, the beer was flowing all over. I have been to the Cup clincher in '02 and honestly, this was possibly better than that as far as noise and sheer energy. Incredible, I honestly have no more words.

That game was incredible. I can't remember pulling for a team that hard before that wasn't a Pittsburgh team. Lidstrom had just been such a privilege to watch and I want to see him terrorize the Canucks. I'm guessing about 36-37 hours before history is made!