• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

These two have been nothing short of incredible each and every time they've been on the ice together this post-season...and it's not like Helm and Abdelkader are bad matchups against third and fourth line centers. Babcock's reluctance to play these two together continues to baffle me...

If I'm Babs, I'm rolling this in game 7:

#1) Datsyuk...Filppula...Holmstrom/Cleary

#2) Zetterberg...Franzen?(/Modano)...Cleary/Bertuzzi

#3) Helm...Eaves...Hudler/Abdelkader

12th) Miller/Modano/Draper

...Like I said, #1) I'd put Flip on Pav's wing on the first line, and that'd bump Mule (or Modano, if he's hurt) to Hank's wing on the second line. #2) I'd rotate Homer, Cleary and Bert as the net-front presences on the top two lines, as Homer isn't getting a lot of even-strength ice time in. #3) I'd rotate Hudler, Eaves and Abby as the wings on the third line, depending on the situation. #4) Then you've got a lot of options with the 12th forward - Do you want Miller for the PK? Do you want Modano for the PP? Do you want Draper for FOs? I'd probably go with Miller.

Edited by blueadams, 11 May 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#2 Rock

Rock

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

The rock agrees, datsyuk and filpula whipped that candy ass tonight.

#3 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Agreed with the whole Flip and Datsyuk thing. Disagree with allowing Franzen playing. I'd also sit Abdelkader and play with 11 forwards or throw Draper out there and replace Hudler with Mursak. SPEED IS KILLING THE SHARKS!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#4 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

The world just seems like such a nicer place right now! And I'm not annoyed by a blueadams thread.

But, yes, Pav and Fil should be together.

#5 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

Agreed with the whole Flip and Datsyuk thing. Disagree with allowing Franzen playing. I'd also sit Abdelkader and play with 11 forwards or throw Draper out there and replace Hudler with Mursak. SPEED IS KILLING THE SHARKS!!!!

1-Modano didn't look good tonight. If Mule's healthy, he'll be out there.

2-Zero chance Mursak's (or Kindl's, with 11 forwards) first game is a game seven on the road.

3-Draper might replace Abdelkader, as those late game penalties are getting ridiculous, but I doubt it happens.

#6 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

Flip and Dats HAVE to stay together!!

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Cleary
Hudler - Abdelkader - Miller
Modano - Helm - Eaves

IF Franzen is ready to go:

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Franzen
Hudler - Abdelkader - Cleary
Miller - Helm - Eaves

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 10 May 2011 - 10:26 PM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#7 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

nvm

Flip and Dats HAVE to stay together!!

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Cleary
Hudler - Abdelkader - Miller
Modano - Helm - Eaves

IF Franzen is ready to go:

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Franzen
Hudler - Abdelkader - Cleary
Miller - Helm - Eaves

1-Holmstrom hasn't been getting much even strength ice time. Might as well plug Cleary in there for him on the first line, regardless of who's out there for the national anthem (as he and Modano were tonight).

2-Helm certainly isn't behind Abdelkader on the depth chart.

Edited by blueadams, 10 May 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

1-Modano didn't look good tonight. If Mule's healthy, he'll be out there.

2-Zero chance Mursak's (or Kindl's, with 11 forwards) first game is a game seven on the road.

3-Draper might replace Abdelkader, as those late game penalties are getting ridiculous, but I doubt it happens.

1 .) Modano not looking good is still better than what Franzen has been bringing.

2 and 3.) I know we'd never play with 11 forwards or that Mursak will play, just voicing my frustrations with how stupid AppleFritters has been this series and how slow and out of place Hudler looks. Speed gaining the neutral zone has won us these last three games. Modano and Draper are much more valuable than a hobbled Franzen and slow ass Hudler, hence my Mursak point.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Can we replace Abdelkader, Hudler and Cleary?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#10 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Flip and Dats are great together!

If Franzen's healthy, I'm not sure I'd be so quick to bring him back. Mo didn't look all that great tonight but Mule has been a pretty big Defensive liability at times. We know he can produce offensive magic out of nowhere though..it's a tough choice.
He looked pretty badly hurt in game 5, so I'd be surprised if he is healthy enough to play anyway.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#11 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

1 .) Modano not looking good is still better than what Franzen has been bringing.

2 and 3.) I know we'd never play with 11 forwards or that Mursak will play, just voicing my frustrations with how stupid AppleFritters has been this series and how slow and out of place Hudler looks. Speed gaining the neutral zone has won us these last three games. Modano and Draper are much more valuable than a hobbled Franzen and slow ass Hudler, hence my Mursak point.

i guess it's just my opinion versus yours, but i thought that hudler was skating very well tonight.

#12 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

Can we replace Abdelkader, Hudler and Cleary?

Cleary had trouble finishing tonight but he created chance after chance. No idea why you would want to sit him.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#13 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

the wings still dominated without Filp playing with dats he acually looked pretty good with Hudler. if I was coach I would role Filp with Dats but I just don't see babcock doing that.
Posted Image

#14 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

I totally agree that Datsyuk and Filppula should play together as much as possible. If Franzen is able to play, he will, if nothing else than for the fact that no matter how quiet he may be, he is capable of a 3 to 5 goal outburst at any time. I agree that Abdelkader should sit, while his size and physical play are an asset against a bigger team, he has put us shorthanded in the 3rd period each of the last 3 games. My lineup would look something like this:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary
Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Eaves-Helm-Miller
Hudler-Modano-Holmstrom

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#15 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Cleary had trouble finishing tonight but he created chance after chance. No idea why you would want to sit him.

I agree. The breakaway miss made me want to swallow razor blades but he had plenty of jump tonight, and in the last two games as well.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#16 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

I totally agree that Datsyuk and Filppula should play together as much as possible. If Franzen is able to play, he will, if nothing else than for the fact that no matter how quiet he may be, he is capable of a 3 to 5 goal outburst at any time. I agree that Abdelkader should sit, while his size and physical play are an asset against a bigger team, he has put us shorthanded in the 3rd period each of the last 3 games. My lineup would look something like this:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary
Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Eaves-Helm-Miller
Hudler-Modano-Holmstrom

Does no one else think that Hudler-Helm-Eaves would be a good line?

#17 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

Holy s*** the negativity is totally unacceptable. Ya replace Cleary ya dunce... He's creating chances and played great D. Hudler was outstanding too great shot block. Abdelkader I will give you he is the king of the untimely penalty. He did have a couple of good rushes and aint to shabby of an agitator
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

While they do seem to look great together, spreading them out makes us more balanced and we always have the option of sticking them together for a shift here and there when we need a push.

That said, since it's a game 7 and we have a handful of forwards not playing up to par (including Flip until tonight) I'd be inclined to basically roll three lines with just spot shifts for the 4th liners.

Assuming Mule isn't good enough to go:
Flip-Pav-Homer
Bert-Hank-Cleary
Draper-Helm-Eaves
Huds-Mo-Miller

Miller can step up into Homer's spot when we need better defense, and play the PK.
Huds and Mo for PP duty and rotated in for a shift here and there in the top 6.

Abby and his dumbf*** penalties and lack of production should sit. The physical play is nice, and Babs loves him so Huds or Mo will probably sit.

#19 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hudler was outstanding too great shot block.

That was a great shot block, but that doesn't mean he was outstanding. Cleary seems to do nothing but turn it over in the offensive zone after twirling around on the boards a few times and Abdelkader's penalties are making me crazy.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#20 DirtyD

DirtyD

One fast move or I'm gone

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

i guess it's just my opinion versus yours, but i thought that hudler was skating very well tonight.

No. Hudler - for all his ups and downs this year - was solid tonight. He was winning puck battles and making plays all game long, Regardless of whether or not he plays on Thursday night (and I think that he will), Huddles was clearly playing with a chip on his shoulder tonight.

Posted Image