• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Play Datsyuk and Filppula together!

Rate this topic

Does no one else think that Hudler-Helm-Eaves would be a good line?

I agree with you there, with Helm and Eaves doing the dirty work along the boards and cycling, Hudler could find some open ice to work with.

Does no one else think that Hudler-Helm-Eaves would be a good line?

It would be a good line, but putting that line together creates a problem in that the Wings then can't have one dedicated checking line unless that line is Abdelkader/Draper/Miller. Which leaves a selection of Z, Dats, Filppula, Cleary. Bert, Homer, Franzen, and Modano to fill the last six spots. Who do you scratch of those 8? I would go with Holmstrom and Modano.

So yes, it would work as a line. No, Babcock shouldn't put it together.

Guest blueadams

Keep lines as they are today then when there is 10 mins left in the 3rd period put Fil and Dats together for the kill.

this is the attitude that i don't understand..why wait until late in the game to put your best foot forward?

The rock agrees, datsyuk and filpula whipped that candy ass tonight.

+1 for this guy. I smell it.

And we can't bench Cleary, he's now due. After the break away, missing the empty netter, and fanning on the Brett Hull-like one-timer. He's due.

I would keep them together as well, but Id put Happy with them. They have played a few shifts so far and control every time. I know Hudler has had his issues but he has great chemistry with Flip and has a great vision so plays great with Dats as well. Im rollin...

Flip-Dats-Hudler

Modano-Z-Bert

Franzen-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Draper-Eaves

Looks very odd but I think they'd kick ass!

Double shifting Dats!

I'm guessing you meant Mo on the third line. ;):ph34r:

Here's the master plan:

Cleary-Datsyuk-Filppula

Helm-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Hudler

Eaves-Helm-Miller

Holmstrom and Modano ride the pine until power plays. Then:

Hudler should definitely stay in, he's not scoring but he's playing well and doing a good job on the forecheck. As for Modano, I didn't notice him at all last night, but he's probably better than Franzen at the moment. Franzen simply can't skate he's in so much pain. Draper should probably come in for Modano though, because Draper wins faceoffs and was showing a lot of hustle and physical grinding before he was pulled.

Guest blueadams

Hudler should definitely stay in, he's not scoring but he's playing well and doing a good job on the forecheck. As for Modano, I didn't notice him at all last night, but he's probably better than Franzen at the moment. Franzen simply can't skate he's in so much pain. Draper should probably come in for Modano though, because Draper wins faceoffs and was showing a lot of hustle and physical grinding before he was pulled.

idk...modano looked bad/out of shape. he had a nice look or two from the point on the second pp, but that was about it. he looked horrible defensively, homer-ish.

Can we replace Abdelkader, Hudler and Cleary?

Ummm huh? MAYBE the first 2 but not sure what we want to replace Danny for, my friend.

Either way, I am loving the Flip and Pav combo and always have. Maximizes Val's production completely. Homer going to the net is also a good addition to that line.

I think he sticks with what works.

Play the lines as they are, at about the 15 min mark of the 3rd he starts double shifting D and Z rotating Cleary and Holmer, as he has been doing.

Guest blueadams

I think he sticks with what works.

Play the lines as they are, at about the 15 min mark of the 3rd he starts double shifting D and Z rotating Cleary and Holmer, as he has been doing.

does modano-datsyuk-holmstrom "work"?

No. Hudler - for all his ups and downs this year - was solid tonight. He was winning puck battles and making plays all game long, Regardless of whether or not he plays on Thursday night (and I think that he will), Huddles was clearly playing with a chip on his shoulder tonight.

I've always been on the fence regarding Hudler, but this year he lost me.

You are correct, though, he looked good, he wanted it, he was a chippy litle thing out there and came out of corner mucks with the puck, made good passes, and generally gave a great level of contribution.

Even though I'd prefer Mikey Mo in the lineup instead of Hudler, I really can't assess a discernable difference in their play. I want Mike to snipe and score and be a great story...

does modano-datsyuk-holmstrom "work"?

I'd think it should work and really wish it would, but the reality is that Modano has looked suprised by half of Datsyuks passes. Instead of gelling with Dats, he looks to be in awe of himn out there while under his breath mumbling "holy s***, I wasn't ready for--oh my, that was coo-- how the hell he'd do---awe crap".

Dats and Filppula no doubt have incredible chemistry. I would love to see them on the same line for entertainment purposes but for the depth of the team, I think it's best for them to stay on separate lines. However, if the team seems to be sluggish Babs should throw those two out together they spark up the whole team and change the energy of the game. They are great together and I wish we could have them out there together all the time.

Edited by drw1319

nvm

1-Holmstrom hasn't been getting much even strength ice time. Might as well plug Cleary in there for him on the first line, regardless of who's out there for the national anthem (as he and Modano were tonight).

2-Helm certainly isn't behind Abdelkader on the depth chart.

I know this argument was meant for Aussie_Wing, but I'll in my 2 cents.

It has nothing to do with Abdelkader being ahead of Helm on the depth chart. Helm's line with Draper/Miller and Eaves has been so damn effective Babs likes putting them out against any teams fourth line. That's why they're listed as the "4th".

Guest blueadams

I know this argument was meant for Aussie_Wing, but I'll in my 2 cents.

It has nothing to do with Abdelkader being ahead of Helm on the depth chart. Helm's line with Draper/Miller and Eaves has been so damn effective Babs likes putting them out against any teams fourth line. That's why they're listed as the "4th".

i guess it's just a difference in definitions then. the 1st line to me is the one that gets the most ice time. the 4th line to me is the one that gets the least.

and for all the modano lovers - he was far and away our worst skater on the ice last night. no question about it.

and for all the modano lovers - he was far and away our worst skater on the ice last night. no question about it.

As has been said though..

Modano on the ice right now > Franzen on the ice right now

That's really the point of it all. I am not even a Modano lover but to point out a guy who has barely played in the past month is kind of redundant really.

I've always been on the fence regarding Hudler, but this year he lost me.

You are correct, though, he looked good, he wanted it, he was a chippy litle thing out there and came out of corner mucks with the puck, made good passes, and generally gave a great level of contribution.

Even though I'd prefer Mikey Mo in the lineup instead of Hudler, I really can't assess a discernable difference in their play. I want Mike to snipe and score and be a great story...

This, I don't understand.

Modano has two advantages over Hudler. He is a better skater, and he is bigger. Hudler is a better hockey player than Modano at every single other area of the game. Why you would want Modano in over Hudler makes no sense.

Draper? Miller? Abdelkader? I can understand the arguments there. There is at least reason and logic. But not for Modano. Hell, Mursak and Emmerton probably belong in the lineup before Modano.

Guest blueadams

Modano has two advantages over Hudler. He is a better skater, and he is bigger. Hudler is a better hockey player than Modano at every single other area of the game. Why you would want Modano in over Hudler makes no sense.

Draper? Miller? Abdelkader? I can understand the arguments there. There is at least reason and logic. But not for Modano. Hell, Mursak and Emmerton probably belong in the lineup before Modano.

modano is not a better skater than hudler bud

Right now, it all comes down to effectiveness. I don't agree that Huds is better as you say he is, and neither one has been particularly more effective than the the other; maaaayyyybe a slight edge to Hudler, but Mo could certainly pick it up in his 2nd game in a row should he get the chance.

Guest blueadams

Right now, it all comes down to effectiveness. I don't agree that Huds is better as you say he is, and neither one has been particularly more effective than the the other; maaaayyyybe a slight edge to Hudler, but Mo could certainly pick it up in his 2nd game in a row should he get the chance.

were you watching the game last night...or closing your eyes and using your imagination?