• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jon_G

Where to buy Octopus near HP Pavillion

Rate this topic

Hopefully my fellow Bay-Area Red Wings fans can point me in the direction of a store where I can get an octopus.

I'm not from there, but I would be somewhat surprised if any place would actually sell one right now. Might have to head of town, or rent some scuba gear and catch one yourself.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Hopefully my fellow Bay-Area Red Wings fans can point me in the direction of a store where I can get an octopus.

Best bet is to get up to San Francisco. Your purchase will go undetected there!!!

Also, If you're in the lower level for game 7, I'll hand deliver the octopus to you before the game if you promise to chuck it!

I wish you the best but you will be arrested as soon as you throw it there.

Two games ago(for me Game 4 regular season) fans with face paint on were hoping I had one to call me out.

If you dont get arrested you will probably be attacked.

I was almost attacked after Game 1 because I was wearing red, throwing the sacred Octopi is for the trully righteous

May god and the force be with you

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Best bet is to get up to San Francisco. Your purchase will go undetected there!!!

Also, If you're in the lower level for game 7, I'll hand deliver the octopus to you before the game if you promise to chuck it!

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. I would try the San Francisco Fish Co. at the Ferry Building. I'm not from San Fran, but I've been to the Ferry Building before, so I knew they had seafood, and after looking at SFFC's site, I think that would be your best shot, and here's why:

Other fresh, seasonal offering include:

+ Locally caught Black Cod (Sable)

+ Bay Shrimp from Oregon

+ Florida Octopus

+ Locally caught Smelt (aka: "Fries with Eyes")

+ Locally caught Sand Dabs

+ Plenty of whole fish for grilling, including: Huachinango, Bronzini, Striped Bass, and Dorade

Ding ding!! I don't know if it's whole or not, but that sounds promising to me.

I wish you the best but you will be arrested as soon as you throw it there.

May god and the force be with you

And Chuck Norris

Chris Draper

(sorry i always get those two mixed up :hehe: )

Edited by ZMAN

If you chuck one, you will truly be taking one for the team in order to secure a Red Wings victory. Not only will they kick you out, you will probably be murdered by their idiot fan base. Good luck to you my friend, may the Hockey Gods deem your sacrifice as favorable, and finally give the Red Wings some puck luck in front of Niemi.

:octo:

Guest CaliWingsNut

There's tons of places in the city to get your hands on one.

I'm positive I could get my hands on one in Chinatown, and fisherman's wharf is a good possibility too (but that's more a tourist trap than seafood market).

The previously mentioned Ferry Building is likely to have them, but it's also likely to be the priciest location in town.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with a location in the south bay.

Race Street Fish Market

3 minutes from HP Pavillion. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Been there a few times and have seen them in stock. Last time I was there I was wearing a Red Wings cap, and one of the guys behind the counter couldn't believe it and high five'd me. He had just moved from Detroit and actually pulled out his MI drivers license to prove it.

That's your best bet for being close to the rink. But like it was mentioned before, They may not sell you one...depends who's working the counter, I would imagine. All the stores down that close to the stadium have those damn "This is Sharks Territory" signs in their windows.

Best of luck, look forward to seeing a pi hit the ice.

LEGENDARY!!! Thx for all the help in this thread. I am not at all worried about the Sharks' "fan base" or "being attacked"...BRING IT. Or even being arrested, not worried!

Just spoke to someone on the phone at Race Street, the octopi are frozen solid, wouldnt be suitable.

Can't get through to SFFC, its a busy signal...

I will keep trying though! If you can help me at all, feel free to email me derhuhn@gmail.com I will respond immediately

Race Street Fish Market

3 minutes from HP Pavillion. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Been there a few times and have seen them in stock. Last time I was there I was wearing a Red Wings cap, and one of the guys behind the counter couldn't believe it and high five'd me. He had just moved from Detroit and actually pulled out his MI drivers license to prove it.

That's your best bet for being close to the rink. But like it was mentioned before, They may not sell you one...depends who's working the counter, I would imagine. All the stores down that close to the stadium have those damn "This is Sharks Territory" signs in their windows.

Best of luck, look forward to seeing a pi hit the ice.

I am en route to HP Pavillion via BART/Caltrain, if anyone out there wants to help me out by meeting me with an octopus somewhere, I'll pay you for it. I am confident I can conceal it's entry, and I'm 100% determined and committed to tossing it. I will also need plastic wrap & duct tape...

Hit me up at derhuhn@gmail.com to coordinate quickly.

I am going to YouTube the whole thing so we can all re-live this great victory!

I am en route to HP Pavillion via BART/Caltrain, if anyone out there wants to help me out by meeting me with an octopus somewhere, I'll pay you for it. I am confident I can conceal it's entry, and I'm 100% determined and committed to tossing it. I will also need plastic wrap & duct tape...

Hit me up at derhuhn@gmail.com to coordinate quickly.

I am going to YouTube the whole thing so we can all re-live this great victory!

Go get 'em bro!!! Making us proud goal.gifgoal.gifgoal.gifocto.gif

Guest mjtm77

I would do the same if i could go to the game! keep the tradition alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to go to SF, it's not like every sushi bar owner and seller of fish is a hockey fan.

Try any of the more authentic sushi bars.

Ninja Star Sushi Bar - 130 E. Santa Clara St. , San Jose , CA 95113

I've had live octopus there, I'm sure you could get it as takeout.

Good luck! :D