Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Those Who Were at the Game --- Have You Ever Heard a Crowd So Loud?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

I've never heard the Joe as loud as it was tonight, and I only saw it on TV. Can those of you who were there weigh in?

Oh, and I envy you for being at this, one of the most inspired wins by the Wings in the past decade.

#2 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

I have been to a lot of Red Wings games with huge noisy crowds, but tonights Game 6 was by far the loudest I've experienced.

I've been to a few games during the 08 and 09 finals, including the game linked below, the San Jose game 4 last year (Mule Masacre), as well as the Leafs game this year when a fight broke out in the stands. But tonight's out did them all in terms of pure volume.

The fans proudly sang out the national anthem, did not quite a decible until the second period (when everyone was refilling their beer), and shook the roof in the third period (when everyone was good and drunk)

Tonight was one of the best experiences I've had at the Joe.

What was the best crowd you have been apart of at the Joe?

Singing Fans

By the way, was anyone else sitting upper deck behind the Niemi in the 3rd? And did you hear that chick who went absolutely bat-s*** crazy? I sit on the corner side of the rink 3 sections over and could here her clearly screaming. She got us all fired up, but damn was she loud! :yowza:

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#3 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

Absolutely the best and loudest game I've ever been to!
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#4 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

Was at game 4 too. And before tonights game, I thought that was the best and loudest game I had been to. But tonights game beat that. That was awesome. The corporate duds have been replaced.

Edited by Blood On The Ice, 11 May 2011 - 12:27 AM.

#5 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

Loudest and best game I have ever been to by far.

Absolutely incredible night at the Joe.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#6 Yzerman#19

Yzerman#19

Neon Knight

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Awesome to read that the Joe was a rockin' and a jolly time was had by all. Watched the game at work online. Looked like it was a blast. Good on all the fans at the Joe tonight for representing so well in a huge game. I've been to some big games there myself back in the 90's. I know what a special place that can be.

Man do I miss the Joe. It's an old barn but it's good old barn.
"A connecting principle linked to the invisible. Almost imperceptible, something inexpressible. Science insusceptible. Logic so inflexable. Causally connectible. Yet nothing is invincible."

#7 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

I wasn't there, but the restaurant I was at had to turn on music after the first five minutes because the noise coming through was just a constant fuzz without being able to actually hear anything.

#8 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

I watched on TSN and it didn't seem so loud...Detroit's crowd used to stand up with the Montreals and Vancouvers and it hasn't in a while. But I guess it seemed decent for the "new detroit crowd".

#9 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

I can say... that was absolutely incredible. I'm not sure how it compares on the all-time loudness scale because I've been blessed that the last 3 playoff games I've attended were this, Game 7 of the 2009 WC Semi's (Cleary winner), and Game 5 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals.

I have to agree though, I'm not sure the last time I've seen a crowd and hockey team play that inspired.
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#10 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

Thats awesome to hear, wtf did they do on tv, turn the crowd sounds way down to favor San Jose more? :(

#11 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

I wish so much that I would have been able to sell that stupid guitar today. I've got student loans, hospital bills and rent to worry about but I was going to drive the 5 hours if I could have and spend whatever it took to get in.

#12 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

It was awesome. Loud, loud and loud. No one sitting on their hands. Singing along with the national anthem. First time I seen that at the Joe. I thought game 4 was great. Wow, this game was so awesome. Best two games I have been to. The corporate duds are being replaced by real energy filled fans

#13 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

I wish so much that I would have been able to sell that stupid guitar today. I've got student loans, hospital bills and rent to worry about but I was going to drive the 5 hours if I could have and spend whatever it took to get in.

hospital bills are a *****.

#14 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:43 AM

hospital bills are a *****.

Yup- I opted out of my health care plan only to slip on a patch of ice this winter and screwed up my knee cap. It's nights like this thought that make it all worth it.

#15 LivoniaGrinder

LivoniaGrinder

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

So great to hear, I commend everyone who was there and showed a ton of energy!
--
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

--Saul Tigh

#16 redwings8831

redwings8831

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

Extremely loud but didn't reach the level of the last minutes of Game 5 in the 08 Finals (before they tied it). On par to the 5-0 win in the 09 Finals.

#17 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

Thats awesome to hear, wtf did they do on tv, turn the crowd sounds way down to favor San Jose more? :(

The tank, regardless of the fact that the JLA holds roughly 2,500 more people, is (because of design) louder at ice level. Therefore the ice level mics pick up more crowd sounds.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#18 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:32 AM

Just think if Game 7 was at the Joe..... That would be L-O-U-D!

#19 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

Extremely loud but didn't reach the level of the last minutes of Game 5 in the 08 Finals (before they tied it). On par to the 5-0 win in the 09 Finals.

I was there for that game in 09. From what I remember its was loud, but it wasn't THIS loud
(even the national anthem before the game was sung out by all)

btw, I'm sorry Crymson. I didn't see your thread before I posted my very similar topic :(

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#20 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

Sorry I'm deaf after being at the game...can you repeat the question?

Seriously it was LOUD at the Joe. I don't think they mike the Joe the same as other arenas... Hell... Listen to the difference between fans banging on the glass here vs Vancouver and you'll understand what I'm sayin