• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Those Who Were at the Game --- Have You Ever Heard a Crowd So Loud?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I've never heard the Joe as loud as it was tonight, and I only saw it on TV. Can those of you who were there weigh in?

Oh, and I envy you for being at this, one of the most inspired wins by the Wings in the past decade.

I have been to a lot of Red Wings games with huge noisy crowds, but tonights Game 6 was by far the loudest I've experienced.

I've been to a few games during the 08 and 09 finals, including the game linked below, the San Jose game 4 last year (Mule Masacre), as well as the Leafs game this year when a fight broke out in the stands. But tonight's out did them all in terms of pure volume.

The fans proudly sang out the national anthem, did not quite a decible until the second period (when everyone was refilling their beer), and shook the roof in the third period (when everyone was good and drunk)

Tonight was one of the best experiences I've had at the Joe.

What was the best crowd you have been apart of at the Joe?

By the way, was anyone else sitting upper deck behind the Niemi in the 3rd? And did you hear that chick who went absolutely bat-s*** crazy? I sit on the corner side of the rink 3 sections over and could here her clearly screaming. She got us all fired up, but damn was she loud! :yowza:

Was at game 4 too. And before tonights game, I thought that was the best and loudest game I had been to. But tonights game beat that. That was awesome. The corporate duds have been replaced.

Edited by Blood On The Ice

Awesome to read that the Joe was a rockin' and a jolly time was had by all. Watched the game at work online. Looked like it was a blast. Good on all the fans at the Joe tonight for representing so well in a huge game. I've been to some big games there myself back in the 90's. I know what a special place that can be.

Man do I miss the Joe. It's an old barn but it's good old barn.

I watched on TSN and it didn't seem so loud...Detroit's crowd used to stand up with the Montreals and Vancouvers and it hasn't in a while. But I guess it seemed decent for the "new detroit crowd".

I can say... that was absolutely incredible. I'm not sure how it compares on the all-time loudness scale because I've been blessed that the last 3 playoff games I've attended were this, Game 7 of the 2009 WC Semi's (Cleary winner), and Game 5 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals.

I have to agree though, I'm not sure the last time I've seen a crowd and hockey team play that inspired.

It was awesome. Loud, loud and loud. No one sitting on their hands. Singing along with the national anthem. First time I seen that at the Joe. I thought game 4 was great. Wow, this game was so awesome. Best two games I have been to. The corporate duds are being replaced by real energy filled fans

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I wish so much that I would have been able to sell that stupid guitar today. I've got student loans, hospital bills and rent to worry about but I was going to drive the 5 hours if I could have and spend whatever it took to get in.

hospital bills are a *****.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Thats awesome to hear, wtf did they do on tv, turn the crowd sounds way down to favor San Jose more? :(

The tank, regardless of the fact that the JLA holds roughly 2,500 more people, is (because of design) louder at ice level. Therefore the ice level mics pick up more crowd sounds.

Extremely loud but didn't reach the level of the last minutes of Game 5 in the 08 Finals (before they tied it). On par to the 5-0 win in the 09 Finals.

I was there for that game in 09. From what I remember its was loud, but it wasn't THIS loud

(even the national anthem before the game was sung out by all)

btw, I'm sorry Crymson. I didn't see your thread before I posted my very similar topic :(

Sorry I'm deaf after being at the game...can you repeat the question?

Seriously it was LOUD at the Joe. I don't think they mike the Joe the same as other arenas... Hell... Listen to the difference between fans banging on the glass here vs Vancouver and you'll understand what I'm sayin

Guest aaronstan16

It was ridiculously loud tonight. I couldn't hear right most of the third period. I'm very surprised how quiet it seems on TV.

Sorry I'm deaf after being at the game...can you repeat the question?

Seriously it was LOUD at the Joe. I don't think they mike the Joe the same as other arenas... Hell... Listen to the difference between fans banging on the glass here vs Vancouver and you'll understand what I'm sayin

Yep, and this has been true for the 20-odd years I've been watching them. CBC on the other hand really like to mike up the crowd.

Having said that, you can still tell on TV when the crowd is REALLY energised. 2008 game 5 is the one that sticks in my mind after Rafalski's goal.

I Just wanted to tell everyone who attended the game last night to give themselves a pat on the back. The atmosphere at the Joe was incredible. Even when the Wings went down 1-0 after dominating the game the crowd didn't stop backing the team. All I can say now is come thursday... History Will Be Made!!!! Let's Go Wings!

Once again my bad for not noticing this on the forum when I started a new topic.. I think I need to get my eyes checked... Amazing atmosphere last night!

I watched on TSN and it didn't seem so loud...Detroit's crowd used to stand up with the Montreals and Vancouvers and it hasn't in a while. But I guess it seemed decent for the "new detroit crowd".

We all watched the TSN (Vs.) feed as well and it was insanely loud, hence the thread start by the OP. You must've been drunk or hard of hearing. :P

Extremely loud but didn't reach the level of the last minutes of Game 5 in the 08 Finals (before they tied it). On par to the 5-0 win in the 09 Finals.

I just so happened to be at both of those games. The '08 Finals in the last 10 minutes (especially immediately following Raf making it 3-2) were by far louder than the 5-0 win the following year. Both loud, but the floor shook when Raf gave Detroit the lead.