• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

I was at the game and somehow missed this slash on Z, and didnt even hear about it til after the game. What happened? Suspension worthy? Cant find the video either...
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#2 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

Not even close to worthy of even a minor.

This is playoff hockey: cheap shots will happen, you just have to deal with them and move on

#3 luvpucks

luvpucks

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

go to nhl.com and watch the highlight video. You can't really see the actual slash but you can see the scrum and hear the announcers

#4 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Not even close to worthy of even a minor.

This is playoff hockey: cheap shots will happen, you just have to deal with them and move on

Sure is nice to see some player's true colors kind of shine through in their defeat... Sharks went down in that game like a bunch of ******* truly. Meh, moving on to game #7
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#5 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

Sharks showed their frustration of their horrible play and tried taking it and possibly injuring some of Detroit. It's their goon aspect of hockey, what can you say its San Jose, they try to mimic what the Detroit organization is yet completely neglect the class that follows with. From the captain down their team is nothing but immature players that wouldn't think twice about anothers health, I could only imagine how selfish that locker room is. It's sad to see them all dog pile on Howard, it seems like they were hoping for the best with that one. I can see shades of Jarome Iginla in Joe Thornton right now.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#6 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

Sure is nice to see some player's true colors kind of shine through in their defeat... Sharks went down in that game like a bunch of ******* truly. Meh, moving on to game #7

They always do that. They did it in game 4 last year when they were getting blown out and they have done it three straight losses now. Clowe for sure in game 4, think him again in game 5, and somebody had to step up in his place since his ****** was sore last night.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

Thornton slashes Zata...Zata laughs.

Franzen taps Thornton, Thornton dies.

Guess which one is the captain...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

No one should be surprised. This is stereotypical Joe Thornton. It's just his way and this is exactly the reason he hasn't won s*** (save for being a very supplemental player on Canadian National teams).

MLive
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#9 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Here you go:

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#10 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

Thornton did this same stuff last year, too.

The guy cannot lose. He is entitled, and if he doesn't get what he wants, he acts like a petulant child.

The guy is immature and a coward.

Posted Image

#11 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

Exactly the type of message sending s*** "the league is trying to get rid of", but I bet there was nothing called on any of that. Free shots on our players at the end of the game, same as it ever was. :thumbdown:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#12 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

Whats does a player have to do to get the instigator, not being sarcastic, I just have no idea how its decided

Posted Image

#13 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3bXzWC2qwc8

Love love the reaction on Babs' face going up to Z about it. We already have a pretty good idea what could be said there.. "Same oldf****** gutless Joey T horses***". *Hank nods* :lol:

#14 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Exactly the type of message sending s*** "the league is trying to get rid of", but I bet there was nothing called on any of that. Free shots on our players at the end of the game, same as it ever was. :thumbdown:

esteef

They called all of this:
19:50 San Jose Joe Pavelski: 2 minutes, roughing
19:50 Detroit Brad Stuart: 2 minutes, roughing
19:50 San Jose Joe Thornton: 2 minutes, slashing
19:50 San Jose Logan Couture: 2 minutes, roughing

And then somehow Cleary got a roughing call after the game

Posted Image

#15 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

Probably hurt Dan Boyle's feelings or something.

#16 action jackson

action jackson

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Thornton is a cheap-shot choke artist. Every opportunity he gets, he will get in an extra push, hit or spear. Then he'll complain to the referee about not calling a penalty on his opponent. He has proven time and again in his career that the pressure of the big stage gets to him.

http://blog.mlive.co...heap_shots.html

I couldn't have put it better

#17 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

They called all of this:
19:50 San Jose Joe Pavelski: 2 minutes, roughing
19:50 Detroit Brad Stuart: 2 minutes, roughing
19:50 San Jose Joe Thornton: 2 minutes, slashing
19:50 San Jose Logan Couture: 2 minutes, roughing

And none of that means s*** except being listed in the box score. In other words, be prepared for it to happen again league. Cheap plays at the end of a game should be suspension worthy IMO whether it's an actual fight or not. That slash by Thornton was just plain dirty and unnecessary in a decided game. He was purposely trying to hurt a star player.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#18 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

Thornton hacked Zetterberg on the ankle a little earlier after losing a faceoff, too.

#19 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

I stopped watching after the empty netter, so I missed all this, but looks like Cleary starts it for the most part.

In terms of the Thornton slash...really, we are talking about that, what's the big deal. Slashes far worse than that happen multiple times every shift, every game.

#20 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

I stopped watching after the empty netter, so I missed all this, but looks like Cleary starts it for the most part.

In terms of the Thornton slash...really, we are talking about that, what's the big deal. Slashes far worse than that happen multiple times every shift, every game.

lolwut?

Very dirty slash on Z, never saw that in the game. I find it hilarious how thorton throws a cheapshot then looks directly at a ref and starts pleading like a *****. Thorton is like that kid in 1st grade who always did dumb s***, gets kicked outta class and never learns from it. Whats even more great is hes the captain to this FAIL team.

Edited by SpIkE, 11 May 2011 - 03:12 PM.