• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Din758

Thornton slash on Z

Rate this topic

I was at the game and somehow missed this slash on Z, and didnt even hear about it til after the game. What happened? Suspension worthy? Cant find the video either...

Not even close to worthy of even a minor.

This is playoff hockey: cheap shots will happen, you just have to deal with them and move on

Sure is nice to see some player's true colors kind of shine through in their defeat... Sharks went down in that game like a bunch of ******* truly. Meh, moving on to game #7

Sharks showed their frustration of their horrible play and tried taking it and possibly injuring some of Detroit. It's their goon aspect of hockey, what can you say its San Jose, they try to mimic what the Detroit organization is yet completely neglect the class that follows with. From the captain down their team is nothing but immature players that wouldn't think twice about anothers health, I could only imagine how selfish that locker room is. It's sad to see them all dog pile on Howard, it seems like they were hoping for the best with that one. I can see shades of Jarome Iginla in Joe Thornton right now.

Sure is nice to see some player's true colors kind of shine through in their defeat... Sharks went down in that game like a bunch of ******* truly. Meh, moving on to game #7

They always do that. They did it in game 4 last year when they were getting blown out and they have done it three straight losses now. Clowe for sure in game 4, think him again in game 5, and somebody had to step up in his place since his ****** was sore last night.

Exactly the type of message sending s*** "the league is trying to get rid of", but I bet there was nothing called on any of that. Free shots on our players at the end of the game, same as it ever was. :thumbdown:

esteef

They called all of this:

19:50 San Jose Joe Pavelski: 2 minutes, roughing

19:50 Detroit Brad Stuart: 2 minutes, roughing

19:50 San Jose Joe Thornton: 2 minutes, slashing

19:50 San Jose Logan Couture: 2 minutes, roughing

And then somehow Cleary got a roughing call after the game

Thornton is a cheap-shot choke artist. Every opportunity he gets, he will get in an extra push, hit or spear. Then he'll complain to the referee about not calling a penalty on his opponent. He has proven time and again in his career that the pressure of the big stage gets to him.

http://blog.mlive.com/ottoman-empire/2011/05/san_jose_sharks_finish_game_6_with_cheap_shots.html

I couldn't have put it better

They called all of this:

19:50 San Jose Joe Pavelski: 2 minutes, roughing

19:50 Detroit Brad Stuart: 2 minutes, roughing

19:50 San Jose Joe Thornton: 2 minutes, slashing

19:50 San Jose Logan Couture: 2 minutes, roughing

And then somehow Cleary got a roughing call after the game

And none of that means s*** except being listed in the box score. In other words, be prepared for it to happen again league. Cheap plays at the end of a game should be suspension worthy IMO whether it's an actual fight or not. That slash by Thornton was just plain dirty and unnecessary in a decided game. He was purposely trying to hurt a star player.

esteef

I stopped watching after the empty netter, so I missed all this, but looks like Cleary starts it for the most part.

In terms of the Thornton slash...really, we are talking about that, what's the big deal. Slashes far worse than that happen multiple times every shift, every game.

I stopped watching after the empty netter, so I missed all this, but looks like Cleary starts it for the most part.

In terms of the Thornton slash...really, we are talking about that, what's the big deal. Slashes far worse than that happen multiple times every shift, every game.

lolwut?

Very dirty slash on Z, never saw that in the game. I find it hilarious how thorton throws a cheapshot then looks directly at a ref and starts pleading like a *****. Thorton is like that kid in 1st grade who always did dumb s***, gets kicked outta class and never learns from it. Whats even more great is hes the captain to this FAIL team.

Edited by SpIkE

Thornton's been an embarrassment the last two games. In two games where his team can eliminate the Wings and move to the Western Conference Finals, he's diving, hitting Datsyuk after the end of a period, and going after Zetterberg. San Jose has hit the panic button. Niemi will be the only Shark composed enough to play Game 7, just because he's been there before. To bad for him, but great for us, his team will let him down.

Edit: I'm expecting more thuggery from San Jose tomorrow night. I just hope everyone on the Wings stays safe.

Edited by Barrie