• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

This happens more than you know, it's just not seen every single time it happens.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

I for one am extremley happy we have a REAL captain leading our team.

#23 Wingscup

Wingscup

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Glad that Lids is our Captain, that's for sure!

#24 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Thornton's been an embarrassment the last two games. In two games where his team can eliminate the Wings and move to the Western Conference Finals, he's diving, hitting Datsyuk after the end of a period, and going after Zetterberg. San Jose has hit the panic button. Niemi will be the only Shark composed enough to play Game 7, just because he's been there before. To bad for him, but great for us, his team will let him down.

Edit: I'm expecting more thuggery from San Jose tomorrow night. I just hope everyone on the Wings stays safe.

Edited by Barrie, 11 May 2011 - 05:06 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#25 Butch

Butch

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

Thornton better watch out or JR might forget all about Marleau and target him for the gutless thug that he is.

Edited by Butch, 11 May 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#26 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Whats does a player have to do to get the instigator, not being sarcastic, I just have no idea how its decided

I think this Thornton slash was a perfect example why there are referees who tell what you can and can't do. Even though, ironically the refs didn't see the play either. In that case it wasn't easy to see from the bench who Thornton slashed or did he even slash anyone (of course we saw what actually happened from the replay).

What if there were no instigator and we trusted players to do the policing? And what if Thornton hadn't actually slashed Z, but some tough guy on the bench though he did? Would it be right if that player decided to "punish" Thornton in the next shift for example?

Just let the referees do their job and let the players concentrate on playing. And before someone yells: "But the refs suck and can't do their job!!!". Yeah, they make mistakes as well, but letting players police themselves isn't the solution for that. Solution is getting better referees through educating, training and searching them from around the world (like they do with the players).

Edited by Finnish Wing, 11 May 2011 - 05:30 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#27 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

i really, really want to beat this team.
Posted Image

#28 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

I think this Thornton slash was a perfect example why there are referees who tell what you can and can't do. Even though, ironically the refs didn't see the play either. In that case it wasn't easy to see from the bench who Thornton slashed or did he even slash anyone (of course we saw what actually happened from the replay).
What if there were no instigator and we trusted players to do the policing? And what if Thornton hadn't actually slashed Z, but some tough guy on the bench though he did? Would it be right if that player decided to "punish" Thornton in the next shift for example?

Just let the referees do their job and let the players
concentrate on playing. And before someone yells: "But the refs suck and can't do their job!!!". Yeah, they make
mistakes as well, but letting players police themselves isn't the solution for that. Solution is getting better referees through educating, training and searching them from
around the world (like they do with the players).

I think it's stupid that the instigator rule was put into place. That's what has created all this gutless thugery at the end of games. Regardless of whether it looked like he slashed him or not you don't go after the stars. That has always been in place until Butman took it out of there
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Him, Marleau and Murde....I mean Heatley, have to be the biggest playoff chokers in hockey.

They never go down swinging when their team is eliminated from the playoffs. In contrast, their 2nd tier guys have proven themselves much more consistent in the playoffs, namely Clowe, Setoguchi and Pavelski.

The character on that team is wrong, and it starts with Thornton. Neither he nor Marleau are particularly good captains.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 Wing Fanatic

Wing Fanatic

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Joe Thornton is a absolute dirtbag.
Unless they want to be remembered for nothing more accomplished than Gary Roberts' awful, chicken-scat cheap shot left hook to the temple of concussion-recovering Johan Franzen, some kind of magical adjustment that currently seems beyond their capability is needed- Gene Collier Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

#31 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

Does he throw these tantrums on the golf course every May?
40 for life.

#32 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

f*** Joe Thornton.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#33 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

man, i really hate that guy. and i don't think it's a, "i hate him because he always plays so good against our team," kind of hatred. he is a very talented player, but i can't stand the cheap shot artist + whiner combination.

in that video from last year's game, i love how he obviously goes out of his way to hit homer after the whistle and is immediately whining to the refs. what a punk.

go wings.

#34 El_Brian

El_Brian

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

Holy Homerville!

#35 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

true class player that Thornton boy I tell ya.
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#36 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

Big Joe s***bag is not human. He doesn't have a Mamma. He was s*** out on a rock, and hatched by the sun.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#37 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

Holy Homerville!

Holy Troll City!!!!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#38 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Anyone else noticed the dark circles under Thornton's eyes? Looks to me like someone isn't sleeping that well lately.....
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#39 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

Holy Homerville!

Lol... the forum is called LetsGoWings...

Are you really so inept that you can't figure out why there would be Wings fans on a Wings board? :blink:
Posted Image

#40 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Holy Homerville!

hahahah how's it fill to have a murderer and a coward/cheap shot artist all on the same team?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY