• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matt198913

Favorite Second Round Series Ever

Rate this topic

My dad asked me this morning if this was my favorite second round series they've ever played in? I didn't know how to answer that because I have a few that I loved growing up.

In no particular order

1988 Leafs vs Wings... Down 3 games to 1 Glen Hanlon comes in and dominates for 3 games leading the Wings to a game 7 win 3-0.

1996 Blues vs Wings... Down 3 games to 2 after a devastating loss in game 5 they rally to win 6 and of course what Stevie did in game 7

2008 Avs and Wings... JOHAN FRANZEN

2009 Ducks and Wings... Unreal games in that series. Game 7 was one of the best games I have ever seen

2011 Sharks and Wings... Down 3-0 can they come back? If so this will most likely jump to the top of the list.

Anyone have anything different and what's your favorite second round series

This is interesting.

The one in 1996 will always stand out because of that game 7 and the way it ended. That was fun to watch.

But if we pull this out, this series might take the cake.

I guess only time will tell.

Oh, also, I don't remember 1988, but I know it wouldn't be 2008 or 2009. Sweeping the Avs was fun, but beating the Sharks like this would be even better. 2009 was a series that pissed me off, because it shouldn't have gone 7. On top of that, I don't like to think of 2009 in general as being great in any way. <_<

Edited by GMRwings1983