• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

They played hard.

They played with honor.

There were no passengers.

Playing two scoring forwards short in the third was difficult.

Jimmy Howard is becoming the goalie we HOPED he'd be rather than the one we FEARED he'd be.

Quick recoveries to Franzen, Cleary, Bertuzzi and the rest.

cannot understand that either. modano showed more in 1 game that hudler has all series

Hudler's presence on this team is rather mystifying. Should have never signed him again in the offseason.

He had a chance to step up with others injured, and he did nothing in the 3rd. Passed up on shots, made fancy ass plays, you name it.

To be honest I am not as upset about this lost than I was about the 2009 lost in the Stanley Cup even though I was getting ridiculed in front of like 30 people at a friends house in 09. LOL!!!!!

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan

So was it Hudler during that power play(or slightly after, it is a little fuzzy) who dropped that puck back behind the net while he was going away from it? He dropped it right into two Wings and two Sharks when he had all day if he continued up around the boards.

Kronwall was great in this series, but he s*** the bed in the 3rd period tonight.

A bad pinch which led to the winning goal and he fanned on a shot that Zetterberg set up beautifully.

Mistakes happen. Anyone can win a 1 game playoff. In this game, the Sharks earned the game. The Wings didn't just give it to them.

Haha, f*** this. I really hope that half of these ******* terrible players on Detroit aren't on the roster next year. f*** the Sharks. GO EAST!

Go find a different team, you seem like the type of "fan" jumps to whichever bandwagon is doing the best.

One thing is for sure, If Lidstrom retires, Datsyuk needs to be Captain.

1. Nick's not retiring. He's a Norris finalist. Again.

2. Z is a lock for the C. Though Dats is arguably best player in the game, he just cannot vocally lead the team like Z will.

4 power plays, 2 shots... Babcock made some bad line choices ZDH is no longer any good... I dont get his coaching decisions. I feel sorry that the greatest American born player had to finish his career riding the pine....that is the reason he wasnt re-signed in Dallas. He wasnt the best anymore, but he was better than Hudler and should've have been in every game instead of Hudler.

They played hard.

They played with honor.

There were no passengers.

Playing two scoring forwards short in the third was difficult.

Jimmy Howard is becoming the goalie we HOPED he'd be rather than the one we FEARED he'd be.

Quick recoveries to Franzen, Cleary, Bertuzzi and the rest.

Hudler was in the trunk the whole series.

Does that not count as a passenger?

It makes me sick to my stomach THAT may have been Nick's last game.

I will cry if it is his last game. He cannot go out like that he deserves to go out winning.

Hey Babs advice for next year. Play Fil with Pav all season and Fil will absolutely light it

Guest Crymson

Hudler's presence on this team is rather mystifying. Should have never signed him again in the offseason.

He was given an arbitration award in 2009.

More news about him: he sucks.

Much much much worse. I am pretty proud of the wings tonight. I have never been more angry or upset with the team after the 09 loss.

agreed. the wings were always in control of the series in 09 until the 7th game but against the sharks we never really looked like winning

Don't get why Babcock put Hudler on for the last minute. Hudler is the goat ... taking out Cleary ??!! Why was Dats on the bench ?? Anyhow, shouldn't have come down to the last minute, we should have at least scored one in the PP.

Guest stinky fish taco

4 power plays, 2 shots

that says it all, really.

just embarrassing in every way.

2. Z is a lock for the C. Though Dats is arguably best player in the game, he just cannot vocally lead the team like Z will.

I've always felt like Z should be captain, but honestly not anymore Pav deserves it 100% he leads this team game in and game out. Fil deserves an A as well and Helm deserves one in the future. Anyways I hope this really doesnt matter cause l hope lids plays at least 1 more season (Hoping he plays till he's 50)

Hudler was in the trunk the whole series.

Does that not count as a passenger?

He might not have made the most judicious plays but he was hustling. He wasn't standing around all the time (sans the goal in game 4) he actually did some won on the boards as well. I wouldn't say he was in the trunk the whole series, no.

I was fine until I saw Lidstrom in the handshake line.

It was depressing. Felt a little like Yzerman in 2006.

I know he's better now than Yzerman was back then, but I don't know if he feels like playing again. More of a mental decision than a physical one.

I understand where you're coming from regarding Z as captain because he is vocal, but after seeing this playoffs and the lack of help Z and Dats got, I think it is more important that we have a captain that leads by example (with his HART, soul, and stick). Similarly to Yzerman and Lidstrom, both of which were/are not highly vocal players.

Edited by Samm-E