• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

Game Seven, All-Time Playoff Series

This is the 20th Game Seven in a best-of-seven series. The Club’s record in the previous 19 games:

12W-7L

Game Seven, Conference Playoff Format Era (since 1993-94)

This is the 7th Game Seven in a Conference playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 6 games:

4W-2L

This is the 3rd Game Seven in a Conference playoff series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

1W-1L

This is the 4h Game Seven in a Conference Semi-Final. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

2W-1L.

This is the 2nd Game Seven in a Conference Semi-Final without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-1L.

Last Ten Games – All-Time Playoff Games v. San Jose

Overall: 4W-6L

Road: 4W-6L

On This Day

May 12

This is the 5th playoff game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

2W-2L.

LGW.

Worth a trip up north! Have a great time and make sure the Wings here you cheering loud.

We're good for 3 in the 4rd, they've showed us that the last 2 games. I do hope that they don't wait until then though because our nerves can't take it.

Let's Go Wings!!!

I'm with you there! I was a hot mess for most of game 6. How phenomenally exciting was that game, though?!

Red Wings are hot and ready like Little Caesars pizza.

Kaboom :thumbup:

Well...it's about 11+ hours away and I am s***ting a brick. At this point, I am just along for the ride and can only hope we come out like we did in game 6 and muster up 60 (and possibly more) minutes of strong hockey. This thing hits OT, I am not going to be feeling too good about it but if we can't do this even strength and in regulation, not much can stop us. All I can remember is game 7 back in '09 against the Ducks. We were up and let the Ducks back in, found a way to bury it at a crucial time. This collective team is definitely beyond playoff tested for these and ready for this game. We have done it before and we will not be denied. No predictions, I am not that type to mess with history. Going to be a lot of fun at the pubs this evening, let's find a reason to party in the streets tonight and get ready for Sunday. GO WINGS!!!!!!

From Toronto Star :

That hasn’t stopped the NHL’s best — and often desperately underrated — from signing up like Japanese autoworkers: for life.

Guys take pay cuts to play on this team. I wouldn’t take a pay cut to work at UNICEF. The Wings are able to manage the NHL’s new economics because it’s not really capitalism that they’re operating with — it’s more of a collectivized farm where everybody gets fat.

They are more than dynastic. They are beginning to seem like an institution.

The Wings are going to complete their should-be impossible four-game come-from-behind rally Thursday night in San Jose. Not because they’re better than the flailing Sharks, though at this precise moment they are.

They’re going to win because they’re the Red Wings.

Woke up in a daze at 7:45. Look at the ceiling and started seeing the Wings players. I can't wait for this game. Literally checking the clock. 9:49, 9:50 ...

I'm feeling really confident in this game. So much so, i'm already looking at Sunday night and Game 1 in Vancouver. The travel. The rest Vancouver is getting right now. And we really know who the Canucks would rather face, don't we. It ain't like the Wings will be exhausted going into next round. And the momentum from a HUGE comeback series win will at least carry us to the Finals. [And yes Mr. Bettman, we do see you scheduled the Western Conference finals to start Sunday, while the Eastern teams - read: no Red Wings - will start about 10 damn days after they last played. Very "suspicious" Go Canucks, I guess, huh Bettman??]

Out-hit.

Out-hustle.

"TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN .. MUCH IS EXPECTED!"

GOOOOOOO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!

I predict a powerful performance from Big Bert tonight, I just love the heart that bad-ass veteran has showed this time around in a Wings uni! Of course, every Red Wing will play stellar as well and if Modano is in I think tonight will be the night he slays the choking vampire with a power play stake!

Still a little nervous that the Wings got lucky with two straight 3 goal 3rd periods. Really, the Sharks got lucky last game with their one goal, but luck is probably going to be a big factor in tonight's game. Just please no embarrassment! The Sharks hold pretty much all the cards except momentum, so I know deep down that this will probably go to them, but I still trust the Wings to play their hearts out.

I feel real confident that Detroit will win tonight. Bert said he had never seen the team so excited to take a 7 hour plane ride. :yowza:Link

Don't know if the Sharks are "excited" about the game tonight. I think they may be having trouble keeping their lunch down. :scared:

Edited by MidMichSteve

I feel real confident that Detroit will win tonight. Bert said he had never seen the team so excited to take a 7 hour plane ride. :yowza:Link

Don't know if the Sharks are "excited" about the game tonight. I think they may be having trouble keeping their lunch down. :scared:

I'm excited! If don't eat, you stay hungry, and there's nothing to keep down! :hehe:

Nice to here Stevie Y say what we all know about our Wings. :)

It’s been great for our league," Yzerman said. "Knowing the coaching staff, knowing the entire organization and the players, I’m very happy for them. They’ve really competed hard. Every time somebody wants to write them off as the end of an era, or they’re too old and that’s it, they just come back stronger than ever.