Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

bounces did not go our way.

#1122 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Hudler played probably the worst game I have ever seen him play (And thats saying a lot)

Even so, we should be really proud of our Wings.

Yeah and he injured Cleary.

God sucked to see that our only good players were once again Pavel, Hank and Howard.

Edited by MGreenberg, 12 May 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#1123 paul19010

paul19010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Its odd, I have been more proud of this team this year, and last year with how they battled back in the 2nd half of the season, than i have with the cup wins.

as a sports fan, im just not sure how much more the Wings can give me. I think looking at the Sharks fans and seeing how they have won NOTHING, I am I sitting here with multiple conference and stanley cup titles.

i love hockey and love the red wings.

cant wait until next season. its been a great ride.

#1124 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

Great series and a great effort tonight by our guys playing with 9/10 forwards. 20 years of being a Wings fan and that one probably hurts the most. Adios folks, bulls*** with you all in a couple of weeks after the offseason bulls*** threads are done. And to the true Wings fans out there who stuck with this team until the end. CHEERS !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#1125 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

it's funny that as much as i hate bertuzzi we missed him and cleary out on the ice at the end. too shorthanded when you have to rely on abby and hudler and eaves at the end of a game 7

all in all i think the wings did ok but again failed to play hard enough early in the series.

they are clearly good enough to win it all but i don't see the effort every game, just like the regular season
naked is a state of mind

#1126 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Very proud of the Wings for forcing the game seven.

Still confused about that last change though...

#1127 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Proud of our boys for the effort. 29 other teams would have rolled over after game 3. We didn't.. no need to hang our heads.

#1128 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Well, I wish nothing but failure on Lil Joe, Killer, and the whole rest of the Scumbag Sharts. At least the diving rules are supposedly going to be enforced next round.

The Wings put on a clinic on how the beat the Sharts, so I hope Vancouver was taking notes. They are alot healthier than the Wings are.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#1129 Online

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

What series Redwings Thank you

We will get it next year, great job boys

Thank you for least getting to game 7 Thank you Detroit Redwings

#1130 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Here's to our powerplay for showing up tonight.

:thumbdown:

At least we can't blame the refs for this one.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1131 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Yeah and he injured Cleary.

God sucked to see that our only good players were once again Pavel, Hank and Howard.

Fil was good as well.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#1132 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Whats surprising is NONE of the playoff games were jimmy fault. He wasf****** solid every game
Kronwall was our #1 Defense men
Datsyuk was pretty much our only guy who could score and that could make a difference offensively.

f*** SO DISAPPOINTED

#1133 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Fantastic come back. Better team for most if this game, by alas - wasn't to be

#1134 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

This loss, honestly for me, feels worst then the loss to Pittsburgh. All this for nothing... I dont even know what to say. Valiantly effort, certainly, but that doesnt take the sting away. I hope Nick realizes that with Howard in net, a few changes up front and on the back end, and we have a serious shot next year. Hope he'll be joining us.

Out: Hudler ($2.9), Osgood (800k?), Draper ($1.5).

Lids goes from $6mil to $5mil, we've got 6 mil to play with, and with the cap going up maybe $2mil, happy days! :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#1135 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

That series was one of the best I have seen. Yea, the Wings didn't win in 7, but man they showed a lot of heart. Jimmy Howard played solid all playoffs. I hope that Howards performance will silence his critics for about 3 months. :D

They never surrendered or gave up. I am proud of the Wings effort even though they came up short. Rest up this summer boys. See you guys in September for training camp.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1136 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Man, Versus is going to explode... who is going to win their media buttf*** love... Thornton or Kesler?

#1137 Rainman56

Rainman56

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Great game, great series, great Pavel.

Wings just got a little too beat up in the end. With Franzen, Bertuzzi and Cleary I believe we would have taken it.

As fans we should be proud of this team though. Anyone who complains about lack of heart, drive, dedication or whatever is a moron.

Now, I'm a Tampa fan.

Agreed.Our pp let us down bigtime tonight.With a healthy Mule Cleary and Bert I think we win the series.Who knows,its done now.Go Tampa!!!

#1138 chaosizme

chaosizme

Draftee

• 4 posts

I simply don't understand how anybody can be proud of this losing effort. If these guys weren't down 3-0 to begin with, they wouldn't need to pull of a miracle to win the series. I'm flat-out disappointed in the performance of this team after cruising by Phoenix. The power-play was god awful and the offense looked lazy. Yeah, I'll give them props for coming back I guess, but that's still no excuse for going down 3-0 in the first place. Changes need to be made for sure.

#1139 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Well an 8 hour day at work tomorrow, plus studying for Finals.. guess I'm lucky the Wings are out so I can focus on that 'eh? <_<

All in all, we still forced game 7 after being down 0-3 and we made San Jose work for it right up until the end. That's better than a lot of people expected out of us, and I can at least be proud of the effort they put forth to get this far. It's hard though, when you're missing 3 very key guys in a game 7 match-up like this.

Hope Danny's ok, hope we can find someone willing to take Hudler off our hands (does the KHL want him back? Burke wanna give him a shot? Anybody?), and hope we come out swinging next season. :thumbup:

#1140 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Haha, f*** this. I really hope that half of thesef****** terrible players on Detroit aren't on the roster next year. f*** the Sharks. GO EAST!